Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing some digging, I could not find such a thread.
The purpose of this journal is for the INFPs to have some big orgy about the dreams they remember while sleeping.

I think it will be cool if we all compare dreams.

If this has been made before then I shall go to a moderator and ask for them to delete it.

My dream is fresh as a sunny day but vague as dark night.
The ground is covered with tulips and I am on a walk with an unknown man.
I feel safe; confronted with the rush of emotions that come with being on a date.
Everything around me is unknown; I hear nothing outside of our little bubble. It feels as if we are the only survivors of the world's end and are left behind.
But that's okay, because I have them.
We stop, abruptly. I hold him in my arms, being the taller of the two, and it feels warm. My whole body feels warm in this slumber like euphoria.
We are one, in this world, this lonely, destructive world.

·
Registered
INFP(?) 9w1 sp/sx ♀
1,221 Posts
This is such a great idea! It would be totally amazing if this grew to be a really large thread.

My dreams are a little weird and kind of pointless, so...

Last night, I dreamt that I was stuck in some sort of aquarium, surrounded by exhibits of unique marine animals. I was not allowed to leave until I found my three closest friends, my parents, my aunt, and my brother; all of them had to be found before noon, and although I don't remember specific times, I remember that time diminished very quickly. The thought of seven greatly influential people being held captive was alarming for me, so I frantically searched the entire complex, going through many tanks (I was given the ability to breathe underwater to help complete my task). The unfamiliarity of breathing underwater greatly shocked me, and I wasted a great deal of time fighting my body's reaction to stop moving and breathing. I had managed to find both of my parents in the same place, and I proceeded to free my brother and my aunt. My aunt gave me a hint as to where to find one of my friends. Time was running out, and I still had to find my three friends. I managed to find one, and she gave me hints as to where the other two were located, but the dream ended shortly before time would have expired, and I never found the remaining two.

P.S. Your dream description was very poetic, and it brought a smile to my face. :happy:

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is such a great idea! It would be totally amazing if this grew to be a really large thread.

My dreams are a little weird and kind of pointless, so...

Last night, I dreamt that I was stuck in some sort of aquarium, surrounded by exhibits of unique marine animals. I was not allowed to leave until I found my three closest friends, my parents, my aunt, and my brother; all of them had to be found before noon, and although I don't remember specific times, I remember that time diminished very quickly. The thought of seven greatly influential people being held captive was alarming for me, so I frantically searched the entire complex, going through many tanks (I was given the ability to breathe underwater to help complete my task). The unfamiliarity of breathing underwater greatly shocked me, and I wasted a great deal of time fighting my body's reaction to stop moving and breathing. I had managed to find both of my parents in the same place, and I proceeded to free my brother and my aunt. My aunt gave me a hint as to where to find one of my friends. Time was running out, and I still had to find my three friends. I managed to find one, and she gave me hints as to where the other two were located, but the dream ended shortly before time would have expired, and I never found the remaining two.

P.S. Your dream description was very poetic, and it brought a smile to my face. :happy:

It would be really cool, yeah!

That sounds like the triwizard tournament lol, did you watch Goblet of Fire or were thinking of it before bed?
I think it would be cool to breath underwater.

Haha, thank you!

·
Registered
INFP(?) 9w1 sp/sx ♀
1,221 Posts
That sounds like the triwizard tournament lol, did you watch Goblet of Fire or were thinking of it before bed?
I think it would be cool to breath underwater.
I was actually discussing the events that occurred in the Harry Potter series (particularly books 3, 4, and 5) with a friend a few days before, now that you mention it. The process of rescuing the people was uncannily similar to the second trial in the Goblet of Fire (no merpeople of course, thank god :tongue:).

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was actually discussing the events that occurred in the Harry Potter series (particularly books 3, 4, and 5) with a friend a few days before, now that you mention it. The process of rescuing the people was uncannily similar to the second trial in the Goblet of Fire (no merpeople of course, thank god :tongue:).

I wouldn't mind Cederic rescuing me tbh.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Okay, I had to wait until I had a fairly vivid dream that I remembered details of before I could post.

Last night, for some reason, I had a dream that I was a witch in the AHS: Coven show (I'm not as obsessed as I sound with the show, I promise. lol) and Evan Peters' character was a witch hunter, but he wasn't bad or evil - he actually never killed or captured any witches in my dream. In the dream, of course, Evan and I were dating, but Myrtle Snow was the Supreme and she HATED witch hunters (naturally so) and she was extremely clairvoyant so anytime Evan came around, she could hear his thoughts.

I was also clairvoyant, but I could communicate with Evan through his thoughts - he just couldn't communicate back to me. So I recall telling him to think happy, pleasant thoughts and hide, but to not think about where he was going to hide because I didn't want Myrtle Snow to find him. That's all I remember.

Yeah, I don't know. I have the strangest, most ridiculous and irrelevant dreams ever. lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
This is the most intense dream I have had and the one that started me on writing down my dreams. It also creeped the hell out of me and I'm still not sure what it says about me. o_O Had this dream about 3 years ago.

"Camp Crystal-Lake"

I began reading a book whose title I cannot recall. The cover picture had a dark, broken-down building similar to the cover of Weathering Heights but the entire cover was more red.

Book begins: Martin Luther King is preaching about global warming and our need to stop polluting. Later: summertime and parents are sending their kids to the beautiful day camp with lush green grass, snow-topped mountains in the distance, a solar powered pure-white camp facility, expansive grass-covered rolling hills and a shining and glittering lack with a dock leaning out over it. The perfect camp. The kids stay for a few days where counselors begin teaching the dangers of pollution. They were not coming back home. Their destiny was here and the time has come. Some of the children were led to the lake dock by a counselor. Some of the parents followed. The children had cinderblocks tied to the feet and hands and were instructed to walk into the lake. The children, knowing no better after being indoctrinated into this idea, obey. The first small boy gets his head underwater 10 feet from the edge and tries to swim up. He cannot and panics, falling over and drowning. The other kids are drowned similarly. One teenaged boy is almost talked out of it by his frantic mother who cries to him about his dream to be a movie star.

-----------------------

The kid's fate is unknown as I skip to the end of the book.

A large group of kids (with nicknames like "Big Kid," "Little Kid," and "Sparks") walk wearily through a dark forest, near a road. They have escaped, but there are only 6-8 of them and the camp "housed" over a hundred.

-----------------------
My friend complains to me about skipping through the book. My excuse is that I needed to write an essay about a book and did not want to waste my time on a book that I couldn't write about. My friend accepts this explanation.

------------------------
I am now alone on my street in the middle of the night. I walk up to my house and prepare for bed. At my sink I notice an invitation to go to "Day Camp at Crystal Lake" which I promptly toss into the trash bin.

-End-

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, I had to wait until I had a fairly vivid dream that I remembered details of before I could post.

Last night, for some reason, I had a dream that I was a witch in the AHS: Coven show (I'm not as obsessed as I sound with the show, I promise. lol) and Evan Peters' character was a witch hunter, but he wasn't bad or evil - he actually never killed or captured any witches in my dream. In the dream, of course, Evan and I were dating, but Myrtle Snow was the Supreme and she HATED witch hunters (naturally so) and she was extremely clairvoyant so anytime Evan came around, she could hear his thoughts.

I was also clairvoyant, but I could communicate with Evan through his thoughts - he just couldn't communicate back to me. So I recall telling him to think happy, pleasant thoughts and hide, but to not think about where he was going to hide because I didn't want Myrtle Snow to find him. That's all I remember.

Yeah, I don't know. I have the strangest, most ridiculous and irrelevant dreams ever. lol
Hahaha that is kind of odd but still entertaining!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Last night I had a dream I was lying in bed at nighttime and from my bed I could see a pale white hand knocking on my bedroom window and when I woke up I was lying in the same spot that I was lying in in my dream so I got really freaked out. Another time I had one of those really weird vivid dreams and in it Hitler was chasing me down the streets of my neighborhood and I somehow escaped in a hot air balloon - I think at that time in school we were learning about World War II. My dreams are really random lol.

This is sort of irrelevant but my cousin had a dream one time that I died at the age that I am now and that just made me like really paranoid of dying young. I know dreams are basically meaningless and all but it still freaks me out a little, you know?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I once saw a chicken in high heels standing on a hill with fog around. You got nothing on me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I dreamed one time that I was living in a "The Borrowers" or "Epic" like world, where the people are very small. For some reason, I was in an arranged marriage with a raven or crow (which was five or six times bigger than me, he was HUGE). We lived in a hollow of a tree and everyday I waited for the raven to return home everyday, and we somehow learned to communicate by dropping stones?? I resented the raven, resented the arrangement, because it took away my freedom and autonomy and I was very lonely as there was nothing to do in the tree hollow but stare at the sun going up and down. However, over time I slowly began to appreciate the raven (but not quite love him). However, just as about I was coming to the nascent of a realization that I would grow to love him, I woke up :( And now I feel sad because now I never actually realized it and the dream disconnected without closure.

For the longest time I wondered what it meant, and some part of me wondered if it was actually prophetic in some way, lol. Maybe I'll meet a "raven" in real live and fall in love and finish my story; that's my secret hope, that is -- as dorky and corny as it sounds haha I feel embarrassed writing this now.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
I had a dream that my mother gave me a smoothie from Jamba Juice, but it was one I didn't like, so I went there to get a different one. The line was super long. And when I got to the front, the cashier told me that since one had been bought for me already so recently, I would have to go fill out a form or something in order to be able to buy a new one. They had a guy handing out the forms and a room where I could fill it out. I went over there and talked to the man but he told me there was about a 50 minute wait or some other reason I couldn't fill it out then so I just stormed out of there.

The next day I went back and there was ANOTHER long line. This time I talked to a different cashier, and he said I never had to fill out any form. Unfortunately the other cashier saw me and started telling me I wasn't supposed to be there because I never filled it out. Finally I started cussing her out, and then I woke up.

Never got my smoothie -_-

·
Retired Administrator
18,201 Posts
Last night I finally had some vivid dreams again.

I did dream a couple nights ago, but they were just small snippets. What I remember was an inheritance and in it was a farm or something. Some were creatures--one was a small blue/multicolored parrot who I was trying to keep on my shoulder but it kept falling off and getting dirty. It would disappear and then fly back to me. At one point, this GIANT rooster (like seriously--the size of a medium sized dog) landed on the top of my door and was looking in at the parrot and me. I was worried that it was going to hurt the parrot, but I just kind of looked at it and it looked at me. Its eyes were sort of human looking, or more expressive than a rooster's. And it was quite intimidating. But it just slowly looked at about 2 feet away from my face. At some point I decided all the animals needed a wash and was trying to wash them...but had to rescue the parrot from sinking into the water.

Last night:
I dreamed of this sort of post-apocalyptic place where dinosaurs had taken over the world. Humans had to be careful about going out, especially in the evening...but me and an old high-school friend sneaked out to eat some beef-jerky from some store of it, and there was an entire trailer with people in there kind of hanging out and enjoying it. At some point I think we got in trouble so I went back home.

I was afraid of the dinosaurs, as one of them ate someone I knew. So I was carrying pepper spray to spray them in the eyes.

Then I was with this older person who was trying to get home, but too weak, so I was trying to rush them along through the alleys. But all the buildings looked rather similar. At some point I just put them on my back and tried to drag them. We got to this house of people, and I think there was a dispute about where this person lived.

Then I was going with another person who was exploring the apartments of people. The thing is--people lived in other people's rooms and houses, because there's had been destroyed. We went into one room which used to have someone, and all the windows were broken because a dinosaur had gotten in. And the door to the apartment was not very strong, so I was worried it would get in to the rest of the apartment one night.

Then we went down the hall and into a room of what used to be an old friend of hers. But someone else was living there--she picked up a stuffed animal and felt upset that they were using it as a pillow, because it used to be one of her friend's favorites. Then the man who lived there came home and got angry at us. I tried to tell him about the dinosaur room in his building, that was a potential point of weakness, but he kept yelling and we left.

It was quite disturbing.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I had a dream that the thank button on here was changed to another word. No one used it anymore because it didn't mean the same thing. I can't remember what it was changed to, I might be remembering it changed to "encore" but that makes no sense at all. People were not happy about the change.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts