Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had this weird dream last night about a movie where this guy was running a training course for the F-35 fighter jet, the one that hovers. Then this other dude came in and was sent to train me and my team. He was authoritarian and controlling, and was telling us to do difficult and vigorous exercise, irrelevant to flying a plane.

We didnt like this guy, so we killed him. Then we were in a boat in the middle of a big-ass lake, and had his dead body. We were all nervous because we killed a guy. We got to shore and were driving around a local town i know of. When we were almost half way to our destination, i thought "why didnt we just dump his body into the water?" And then one of the girls on my team said she was thinking the same thing. So we went back to the boat, went out to the middle of the lake, and the girl, who was a scuba diver, took his body deep down into a circus tent at the bottom of the lake where nobody would find the body. She came back up to the boat, and didnt look normal. I asked her if she was ok, and she said, "yea yea..im fine.." Then she lit up a cigarette as she sat there, and just died...Then i woke up.

So i know that when you see people in your dream, they represent aspects of yourself. And that the ocean or something like it would be the subconscious...So im basically taking the controlling, disciplined, socially-correct parts of myself (the guy we killed) and rejecting them completely, and repressing them (throwing him into the ocean).

So what should i do now? Go all out and find those parts of myself? Maybe act more authoritarian and controlling? Why would i feel bad about getting rid of these parts of myself, like the team felt bad in my dream? Do i think that because i don't act like that ever that i might reject myself?

Ive been into the "spiritual awakening" shit lately. A few weeks ago i had a series of dreams about finding hidden parts of myself (finding crystals and treasure in a deep undersea cove). Could be something to do with this, i dont know.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
Neat dream. I think the element of the dream you could focus a bit more on was the female that did your dirty work for you. She may be your anima and that you have estranged yourself from her because of this deed. Also, why the circus? If your dreams are trying to get your attention, you must be doing something right. Keep it up!

It seems that one dream tells you about sunken treasure while the other tells of hidden shame. If I were to throw my $.02 in, I'd say that you most certainly rejected your own sense of authority to prolong a childish sense of simplicity. As I mentioned, you need to carefully look into what was lost when you made this decision. Understanding both the positive that is re-emerging and the negative that was suppressed should lead you through this.

Reactions: King_Moonracer

·
Banned
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neat dream. I think the element of the dream you could focus a bit more on was the female that did your dirty work for you. She may be your anima and that you have estranged yourself from her because of this deed. Also, why the circus? If your dreams are trying to get your attention, you must be doing something right. Keep it up!

It seems that one dream tells you about sunken treasure while the other tells of hidden shame. If I were to throw my $.02 in, I'd say that you most certainly rejected your own sense of authority to prolong a childish sense of simplicity. As I mentioned, you need to carefully look into what was lost when you made this decision. Understanding both the positive that is re-emerging and the negative that was suppressed should lead you through this.
Your right, i completely forgot Carl Jung for some reason, and the anima. Thanks for reminding me. Good post too. When i had that dream, i was getting back into older video games that bring back a very strong sense of positive nostalgia, particularly the music in them. This is also my first week of no school, so maybe the changing weather and familiar states of mind (not having any responsibility) are bringing up past emotions and states of mind that I experienced in childhood. Maybe that authoritarian part of me is threatening these feelings.

But i do need that authoritarian part, because if i don't have the discipline, i will just sleep the summer away. I need to find something to do haha.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Reading dreams exhausts me these days. Reminds me too much of the old days when I attempted lucid dreaming. Read probably a thousand dreams and got burnt out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts