Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello INTPs!

I hope you all slept well during your last period of rest.

What did you dream, if anything?
Do you try to interpret your dreams?

Feel free to speak on anything dream related, I'm curious to read what you have to say.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Most of my dreams are me walking down a park path and random things happen along the way that I can't really see or make sense of. Most of these dreams are lucid but I still choose to just walk down the path. One time there was what seemed like a naked woman with someone that looked like me having sex with her and another thing looked like a giant cheeseburger.

I guess I could try to interpret my dreams, but I don't really care to.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Technically.. last time I 'dreamed' I was meditating. One thing I remember in particular was looking at a wire-framed-cube. Something manifested at the center of it (cloud of energy, something similar), started talking, so I decided to take two sides of the cube away so it would shut up.
>,>

Sometimes I'll interpret my dreams for entertainment purpose, but grain of salt good sir, grain of salt.

I'm sure that dreams are effected by our daily events, emotions, desires, but to what extend is up in the air. I'm guessing it's sort of like tarot reading, it's a cause for reflection and in doing so you'll develop a stronger course of action, but it's not necessarily due to the content of the dream.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
The meaning of some dreams I have is just so obvious. Other times they're more abstract and hard to interpret. I like analyzing them, it's fun.

Eat some B6 vitamin and tryptophan before going to bed and you'll have some quality dreams. Chicken with cheddar cheese and apple juice.

·
Registered
938 Posts
You know your life is a little hectic when you have the storm of the century, a tsunami, and a volcano all in a single dream, and you refuse to shelter with the few survivors in the chaos; rather, you search to find shelter to be alone in a mountain cave despite the heeded warning of the zombies. My curiosity is just too strong.

Note: Most of my dreams are in third person and not all of the "main characters" in the dream are myself. Although I can "feel" like I'm that character. It's very trippy and I don't know why my brain does this and I don't know what it says about myself.

Edit: and yes, I do try to interpret them usually. Most are pretty self explanatory though, despite their less than realistic display of events. Like this last one was probably because I had been given the most shocking news over the weekend... there was no need to look it up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I dreamed that my college roommate and I went to a Rolling Stones concert and managed to sneak into the VIP section for front row seats next to George Costanza , and Jerry Sienfield. Costanza knocked over my beer but was too cheap to buy a replacement beer, we sat there for hours but the Rolling Stones never showed up.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My last few dreams have taken place underwater, not drowning, just in an underwater environment, fishes and sharks and mermaids and what-not. weird. But better than nothing.

Most of the time, I can't remember many dreams, if I even have them. That is why I love hearing yours!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Most of my dreams are me walking down a park path and random things happen along the way that I can't really see or make sense of. Most of these dreams are lucid but I still choose to just walk down the path. One time there was what seemed like a naked woman with someone that looked like me having sex with her and another thing looked like a giant cheeseburger.

I guess I could try to interpret my dreams, but I don't really care to.
I wanna have sex with a giant cheesburger!

·
Registered
342 Posts
The dream that stands out the most is a bit weird. I never dream about hacksaws usually.

Basically I hacked off my own leg. And put a plastic bag around it. And the bag kind of stuck to the marrow and bone and all. I remember pealing it off. Then the leg grew back, and everything was right as rain.

That was the only time I dreamt anything like that, and never usually have had any kind of self-invasive dreams going on. Unless the ones I can't remember are.

The strangest thing was it was not in any way disturbing or did it feel any way wrong. It was like having a dream about something that just happened. Maybe there is a burbling latent psychotic in me. But it was probably influenced by a TV show or conversation, or some other sketchy scene. I can sense you're all backing off at this point :shocked:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't dream much anymore, but there was a time in my teens (probably because I got a decent amount of sleep then) that I would have very lucid dreams, where I knew that I was in a dream like world and I could have complete control over everything. Those dreams were great, because even if bad or crazy shit happened in them, I could control everything, fix anything, fly if I wanted to etc etc etc. there were no limitations and that was fun.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
hmm most of my dreams seem to have elements in it that are indicative of stress
which makes sense because I'm stressed

I don't try to interpret them very often because they usually have a meaning like "there is something wrong with your life."
Most of the time, I find my dreams really disturbing, and I always wake up feeling unsettled.
Thankfully, I do not dream that often, although that is mostly because I do not sleep enough hours a night.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Dreaming is the worst(well, technically exercise is worse), I hate it so much!:angry:

I never have trouble interpreting my dreams. I've never had a dream that I didn't know why I had it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts