Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dreams, ambitions and goals are very important things to discuss with other people, and since ENFPs are aware of so many ideas and possibilities, I think it is particularly helpful for us to consider our own dreams. As such, I wanted to ask some questions and make this thread a place to state whatever dreams, goals, ambitions or even any momentary obsessions you have.

What was your most memorable dream as a child?
What is your current dream for your future?
What is the difference between dreams, goals and ambitions for you personally?
How frequently do you accomplish your dreams?

Just write whatever you want or feel inspired to!~

I suppose I will answer my own questions as well :tongue:

When I was younger I wanted to be an artist who was appreciated and acknowledged by those around me and the world at large. As a child, I wished for my artwork to help those who were not happy and for it to remind them of hugs and love ^_^ Unfortunately, I became aware of the reality that not everyone would like my artwork and it wouldn't be able to help everyone so easily.

My current dream or goal is to become a Religious Edication teacher and help pupils to learn that they can achieve great things when they use their willpower and hard work; I want to inspire them to become a positive influence in the lives of others. I want to eventually change the education system so that pupils can discover that learning is not drudgery but a beautiful tool which can be used to expand the mind and explore the world around us in new ways. Basically, I want to help equip children with some skills necessary for the journey called life xD

I would love to hear your dreams as well :D

·
Registered
5,289 Posts

I remember wanting to join the navy and be a Captain or an Admiral or something. I had a bunch of navy novels and VHS's, that whole ranking stuff and strategic balance of power was interesting to me. I had no real perspective on how well suited I would be for the navy though, and it's completely different to how I dream now.

To have a graduate job traveling the world, and to one day be a decision maker in projects around the world. To have autonomy in doing so as well.

Goals are usually the most immediate thing, Ambitions are the furthest clearly seeable point that you aim for, and Dreams are overarching and don't have a clear process you can see- you don't yet know exactly what is required to fulfill your dream and just hope/expect that you'll be able to figure that part out along the way. The three go from left->right bottom->top in a pyramid chart essentially.

I don't know yet. Like I said I define dreams as an overarching goal of life. Something that usually takes years if not decades to fulfill. To me, I'm still near the beginning of the process of working toward my dreams- I'm in my early 20s, I still don't think I'm even the finished article in terms of who I aim to be in order to make my dreams come true. Maybe the one dream I have fulfilled is that I was terrified of being someone who'd let their lives get boxed in, and I worked for a long time to break down my comfort zones- and I'd say I've achieved that. I never hesitate because something seems scary or unfamiliar- I'll always back myself, and that's who I wanted to make sure I became when I was a teenager.

If you're talking more my definition of goals and ambitions, I usually attain my goals because I trust that even if things are frustrating or don't work immediately, that I will "figure it out" somehow by improvising and learning from my mistakes. I don't put any unnecessary pressure on myself to get things right first time around, but I completely back myself to achieve anything I set my mind to, whether by the original plan or by adapting.
I tend to keep my ambitions slightly flexible because I never know how I'll feel or exactly how my "next goals" will shape up for me once I achieve the ones I'm currently on. Sometimes new goals and things you want to aim for spring up out of no-where, maybe randomly maybe because you meet someone who inspires you, and you need to tweak your ambitions a little to accommodate.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I remember wanting to be a vet. And then a social worker. Both "dreams" have now been ditched because 8 year old me was a noob.

Get money is my goal for the moment, and I'm doing pretty well with that. I would like to explore more in business studies, and journalism. Although Neuropsychology and Cognitive Psychology is looking more and more appealing by the day.

Dreams are either silly or something that helps form a future goal. Goals can either be trashed or they can be completed. Ambition is what drives you to reaching a goal, and find new goals.

This is a difficult question for me. I haven't exactly been alive for long, and the time I've already lived hasn't been very pleasant, but due to new circumstances I am in, freedom and opportunities have been opened for me to fulfill future "dreams" and goals.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Although, is wanting to kiss Tom Hiddleston a relevant future goal?
:blushed:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
My dream as a kid was to make video games. Then I had a brief stint in high school where my dream was to become a quantum physicist. A couple years ago I dreamed of becoming a professional League of Legends player.

If you're gonna dream, might as well dream big. So my current dreams are 1. To become a professional runner and break some records or win some medals. 2. Become a well known and successful electronic music producer, like Skrillex or Deadmau5.

I have made 0% progress towards either of those dreams. Instead I sit around staring at a computer screen all day. :th_sur:

·
Registered
EIE
4,699 Posts
I wanted to do video games pretty much

I'll update that when I'll be on my own in Australia, fully renewin with myself and escapin the walls I'm inbetween atm, that have too many memories and "negative" energy. But, I think that I want to make an impact on people's life. I want to engage in pyschology. Was thinkin about couple counselor

Dream is my ultimate end, as a whole person. What I'd ultimately want for my soul, my work, my family for everything that count.

Goals are the steps to take in order to reach the dream. Ambitions are more of a professional thing I guess. Not a family / self one

Couldn't tell. So far I've accomplished zero of them since I don't have dreams. I didn't meet that person yet. That person that would awaken my inner self and make me be like "I really want to do what this guy / gal is doin".

·
Registered
140 Posts
What was your most memorable dream as a child? I wanted to be a dancer, an actress or a writer (or everything all at once, because that's what made a lot of sense to me :laughing:)
What is your current dream for your future? Find a postgraduate degree I'd like to take on and finish my online learning diploma in interior design.

Reactions: Wings of Nike

·
Registered
EIE
4,699 Posts
Actually I mixed things up a bit. My dream would be to go in Sweden and visit / live there for a bit. I'd like to do some major theme park in the USA too ... Cedar Point, Disney World and probably some others.

I'd love to visit my american friends aswell. I'd really really love to

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Tridentus
To what places do you wish to travel to? Is there anywhere in particular that you would love to see, or do you just want to travel everyone xD

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually I mixed things up a bit. My dream would be to go in Sweden and visit / live there for a bit. I'd like to do some major theme park in the USA too ... Cedar Point, Disney World and probably some others.

Disney world is great fun if you go with your friends or family but it is very expensive -_- in fact I wouldn't suggest trying to stay in one of the Disney hotels as you can stay in a house for a week for the same cost a room for three nights would be xD
The Magic Kingdom & Epcot are the two I would suggest!~

Reactions: Sygma

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

Cedar Point is on my bucket list. XD

·
Registered
EIE
4,699 Posts
Disney world is great fun if you go with your friends or family but it is very expensive -_- in fact I wouldn't suggest trying to stay in one of the Disney hotels as you can stay in a house for a week for the same cost a room for three nights would be xD
The Magic Kingdom & Epcot are the two I would suggest!~
hah, well you know we got Disneyland here and it's pretty expensive :p

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
@Tridentus
To what places do you wish to travel to? Is there anywhere in particular that you would love to see, or do you just want to travel everyone xD
Just everywhere really lol. I've done Australia, Vietnam, Thailand, Germany, Holland and Ghana so far. I've actually got some awesome plans to go France and Spain this easter. Hopefully volunteering over the summer (maybe South America?) and I go on erasmus to Norway next year!

I think every experience is so unique and different. I don't have any preferences for travel, either now or in my future career, because every place gives you something completely different from anywhere else.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I would love to hear your dreams as well :D
Well, my main goal right now is to go to the Nexus. I've been furiously working on a way to alter the trajectory of the temporal energy ribbon. It looks like by destroying 2 stars I can alter the gravitational forces sufficiently to redirect the ribbon to an ideal location.

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I know I'm an INTJ but I'm weighing in.

To run a company / be an executive :p

To run a larger company/ be a CEO

Dreams are a broad / generic ideas of a foreseeable future that exist only in your mind until you make them reality.
Goals are temporary small short term segments to achieving your Ambitions.
Ambitions are larger longer term segments to achieving your dreams

If its stands within the realm of Logic and Rationality I get whatever I put my mind to in time.
In the realm of emotion they are a conundrum to me, though I have fervent emotions underneath they are buried under years of subjugation probably akin to my fellow INTJ's though I may be more extreme being an 8 as well. So when my Logical Rationality became a success I put all my energy and spirit into that and the emotional side diminished to almost non-exisitant. However I'm obviously exploring that side little more in my adult years as I'm ghosting your forums lol. I think for me the problem is emotions are a complex problem to unravel its difficult for me to "just feel" something without personally analyzing the (H.E double hockey sticks) out of it :p haha

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know I'm an INTJ but I'm weighing in.

To run a company / be an executive :p

To run a larger company/ be a CEO

Dreams are a broad / generic ideas of a foreseeable future that exist only in your mind until you make them reality.
Goals are temporary small short term segments to achieving your Ambitions.
Ambitions are larger longer term segments to achieving your dreams

If its stands within the realm of Logic and Rationality I get whatever I put my mind to in time.
In the realm of emotion they are a conundrum to me, though I have fervent emotions underneath they are buried under years of subjugation probably akin to my fellow INTJ's though I may be more extreme being an 8 as well. So when my Logical Rationality became a success I put all my energy and spirit into that and the emotional side diminished to almost non-exisitant. However I'm obviously exploring that side little more in my adult years as I'm ghosting your forums lol. I think for me the problem is emotions are a complex problem to unravel its difficult for me to "just feel" something without personally analyzing the (H.E double hockey sticks) out of it :p haha
Heh... I need to learn how to 'just think about it' rather than feel xD I overthink rather than analyse
What kind of company?
And is that avatar Kamina????

1 - 20 of 32 Posts