Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Read Only
INTP Tritype 512
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have crazy vivid, fantastical, coherent dreams that can make for great plots. When they're nightmares, it's not fun. (As a side note: I don't like getting eaten by zombies. :shocked: Yes, my nightmare stayed around and didn't let me out while that happened.)

A couple of INTJs have told me they have vivid, but more realistic dreams. No epic, Dragonball Z battles for them. :sad:

Now, I'm wondering if anyone else has dreams they remember? Coherent? Vivid?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Yes, my dreams tend to be surreal adventure stories - sort of James Bond meets Kafka, via Monty Python. Being on a plane crashing into the water - that's trapped in a time loop. Being the gran generalissimo of a South American banana republic. A castle, in the 1930s, with dead bodies all over the place; I'm turning into a vampire. The family fleeing by bathyscope, & English customs are manned by dogs. I was a tourist in Hell, and the devil wanted me to join him in saying the Lord's Prayer backwards. A stained-glass window depiction, everyone in Eastern Europe peasant costume, of a boy & girl being eaten by a snake. (Paging Freud!) On safari in Africa, driving by jeep over bumpy roads, surviving on foul-tasting malaria pills.

I vividly remember the worst dream I ever had. Hearing a rushing of wind and galloping footsteps coming down the hall. The handle of my door turning, very slowly, and the footsteps treading towards my bed. A harsh voice murmuring in my ear.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Most of my dreams are fairly mundane. Like ordering pasta off a restaurant menu.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
My dreams are usually pretty vivid, though not exceptionally strange. I used to have them nightly, but lately I've been so sleep deprived it's like I'm dead at night.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Most of the times, I couldn't remembered what I have dreamt of. Even if there are glimpses of it, I have a feeling that I would be experiencing something important to me. But most of the vivid dreams that I were able to recall were nightmares.

In a nightmare, I felt fear as the dream progresses. I also have a knack of knowing something is chasing me. The environment were mostly mundane, usually inside a building/hotel. There's 1 time when I (know) of a zombie apocalypse outbreak but I was evacuating from a hotel with an adult I know. (Not my parents.) And there were no zombies as far as I walk down the hallway. (Then it ends, too bad.)

There's one time when I open up a water dispenser and it pours out water along with eyeballs. Yes, fresh human (looks like human) eyeballs, comes with the blood vessels as a package too. The time was at night, and it was in my grandparents's house, lol. Oddly, I don't feel any strangeness or fear or panic when it pours out eyeballs.

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,918 Posts
Yes I have dreams and lately I've also began to interpret my dreams. They offer insight into my life and people around me. They tell me things that I'm not consciously aware of, like when someone is deceiving me. I will never look at dreams the same again.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
11,428 Posts
Nothing happens in my dreams.

When l had more (access?)...when l was more in tuned with dreaming, they were like mini sensory episodes from throughout my day.

Very literal recordings of something l'd done, so l could sometimes control them by doing a lot of that one thing. Playing video games for example, l'd have detailed scenes of the game.

lf l read a lot, l could see a page from a book in a dream with all the words on it :cool:

Has been years.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Whoa, whoa, whoa...
@Deathmint, forget what I said before. I have a new favorite dream that I experienced last night.

I dreamed about the "Doctor" and "River Song" bending time and space all over the place, always steps ahead of their enemies who would keep them apart. Only it's not the Doctor and River as portrayed on Doctor Who past or present. Nor does it use the story line set up for them from the library to their first meeting.

In various incarnations, they always found each other. At the end of the dream where windswept bluffs overlooked grey seas, River met him once more, and he tells her his name.

Okay, I haven't yet seen Season 7 so I just basically filled my own version in.

The Doctor has a really long-assed name in my dream.

Really. Long. And tongue-twisty.

Also in my dream, River has a really cool sister and mom who I find out at the end are also in the know since when she was a toddler.

Woohoo!

Dreams are awesome.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I has them! :happy: They are very vivid, but not really crazy in the way I have heard my NP friends (for example) describe. Often they are very realistic and are about things that have happened, are happening or will happen (prophetic), and sometimes I confuse things I only dreamed of with real life because they are so believable! Even when things get a bit random and creative, there's a certain symbolic logic to the sequence of events, and I very rarely dream of supernatural things....most of my dreams could easily occur in real life. So, no crazy nighttime adventures for me either :sad:

·
Registered
159 Posts
My dreams seems to build up possible scenario of what could possibly happen in the future. Nightmares, too, seems rather down to earth. On some rare occasion, I remember some kind of fantasy dreams which are completely irrational, but my brain tend to forget those quite fast, or just don't remember them at all.

Reactions: Trevur

·
Registered
297 Posts
I don't mean to sound rude ... but this is a fairly redundant conversations as every one dreams.
Even if you don't remember your dreams, you still have them, every night.
Also eating before you go to bed raises your metabolism causing your dreams to become more vivid and realistic.
I do see that the OP mentioned dreams that people remember.
Alright, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt there, as not everyone remembers their dreams.
In my personal experience my dreams are ... weird but mundane, no big battles or anything overly exciting.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm actually not afraid of much, so when I have nightmares, they're exceptionally bad. Like, a woman screaming in agony in the most blood curdling way your mind could imagine to the point where you could never forget what it was like. Besides always vivid nightmares, my regular dreams simply tend to reflect my greatest desires like playing music, being a superhero, entertaining people, all that jazz. My most vivid dreams tend to involve music. :D

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have periods :/ (Hahahas the way that sounds xD) But anyways! Right now I'm in that period where there's no dreams at all, last year I had this period of what I call "Deja vu dreams". It's really weird. Basically I dream of something, like maybe just a view from inside a passing train. And I don't remember it. But maybe later on in the day or a few days later, I experience that same scene and remember the dream. And whatever happens in the few minutes after that scene seems to have been in that dream too D:

Or maybe it's really just deja vu and I'm being nonsensical. Well, other times I get dreams which I can remember after waking up, but only for a few hours max. And some where I know I dreamt, but really can't remember even after trying so hard. It's just a little thread in my hand that I can't follow :(

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I tend to have crazy dreams, too, and like a million in a night. I had a dream once that was an entire next Harry Potter book! They're so vivid, too. My friends have told me that if my dreams weren't so ridiculous, they'd think I was making them up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts