Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear INFJ's,

Let me first state that I am an ENFP invader and I come in peace... However if you need your hand on the door ready to slam it on me that's OK. BELIEVE me we ENFP's are troubled individuals...I get it.

I'm going to try to be as concise and as honest I possibly can with this post. I have had some very bizarre experiences with INFJ's. In particular my ex-girlfriend, whom had dreams about me that directly resulted in her knowing my parents phone numbers and in some cases knowing the future (ooooooooo, que that creepy music from the X-files lol) Seriously, they were quite bizarre and for one who doesn't dream often, the dreams I had while with her were also quite bizarre for me...

So my question is if you would be willing to share, what are your experience's with ENFP's, dreams, numbers (specifically 11:11, 7:11, 4:20, or any other numbers), and what are your beliefs as far as the super natural or un-explained or "God".

I apologize if this is way out in left-field or if it is un-clear in anyway. I will clarify anything or provide more details if anyone needs more. I would greatly appreciate feedback and I will respect whatever anyone has to say.

Thank You,

David

PS: Fuzzie Pickles

·
Registered
15 Posts
David "Fuzzie Pickles",

I can say that I have an inclination for bizarre things. I may not put a lot of emphasis on it, but I love astrology and tarot. More so than anything, I think it's just another method of self-exploration and wonder that really draws my interests there. I think the more "what if" or existential it gets the deeper you can get and although it's frightening, it's equally as satisfying. Personally, I have had dreams or random feelings that venture passed coincidence.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I've had 208 come up randomly so many times in my life (addresses, hotel rooms on vacations, family tree research, etc.) that I see it again now and again and just laugh.

Once, I had an old clock/radio start overheating and I decided to unplug it and leave it unplugged for good (my parents had it from 1961-1994 and gave it to me).
It became a dormant curio on top of a dresser for years, stopped forever at 1:16pm.
When my Dad died in the hospital years later, it was 1:16pm.
That one I don't usually laugh about much. . . .:shocked:

I went for Chinese food and saved the insert from the fortune cookie, and forgot about it for a few years.
The gist of the fortune was 'Your job makes you happy. Your next job will make you even happier", and listed lucky numbers that included 10-15-16-28.

One of my favorite jobs turned out to be at a convenience store, where I was hired on 10/15 when I was 28 (and the store was exactly 16 miles from my front door).
I had already had the fortune cookie insert for several years and had forgotten about it until I found it in a desk drawer.
Nowadays, I keep it clipped to my resume. :laughing:

It is all somehow chalked up to coincidence, but there is a charm to the way numbers can be so devious.
These might not be the best examples, though, because they arrived at my doorstep as a surprise rather than something I tuned in to subconsciously.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5 sp/so
1,605 Posts
I appreciate the opportunities to consult my mirror for an alternate view of things. I don't think I've encountered an ENFP in real life. I don't think I understand the cognitive functions made manifest well enough to properly type someone, so I usually refrain from doing so until I have had more interaction time over a broader range of topics and experiences.

Numbers:
I encounter 1:11, 2:34, 3:33, 4:44, 4:32, 5:43, 5:55, and 12:34 a lot. Usually when I'm thinking positive and constructive thoughts and I suddenly look at the time I'll notice the time digits in ascending order. The opposite occurs when I'm thinking negative thoughts and it is so weird when it occurs. When I'm wondering if my projects are on the right path and I'm making appropriate decisions 1:11 and 3:33 occur. When things are about to go downhill 4:44 occurs. 5:55 tends to occur when I'm thinking about progressing with certain family matters since there are five members of my immediate family. I have experienced 5:55 as sort of my green light on family decision making. These aren't daily occurrences, but they are peculiar correlations when they do occur. It took me about five years to pick up on these correlations, because even I sometimes doubt them.

Dreams:
Beats reality any day. Not because I can fly or walk through lava unscathed, but because my senses are so much sharper. Apples in reality taste and smell nowhere near as delicious, flavorful, juicy and crisp as they do in my dreams. The hues and saturation of color are vivid and sharp. I'm myopic in reality, so seeing life without glasses in my dream is just awesome. Even seeing in sepia or monochrome is richer in detail than movie and media can capture, there is just nothing else like it. Sounds and sensation have a broader range and a greater depth than I think I can ever have the words to describe. Even the big "O" in my dreams have an intensity and transcendence that I have never experienced physically. There is always an underlying sensuality to my dreams no matter how innocent or how dark on the surface they may seem. Textures, themes, and even the physics defy what reality would seem to dictate to be real. I have had déjà vu and premonitions, but I will never claim I'm psychic. Not by a long shot.

Spirituality:
I'm exploring transtheism right now. I'm a believer of alternate dimensions and realities. I believe in spirits. My senses have picked up on sights and sensations I have never been able to debunk or explain with physics--and I have tried. I don't know whether there is an ultimate deity in some afterlife, if we're some sentient hologram, if the universe itself is a multifaceted, collective sentient cluster of particles; or if the atheists/nihilists are right and we're just temporary lumps of sentient carbon-based masses that just become worm food after our expiration dates. But, there does seem to be some underlying force in nature that defies humanity's current laws of physics. It's almost like trying to detect dark matter; can't see it directly, but somehow it's having an effect on the surrounding environment and the surrounding environment is interacting around this "force". Maybe science might be able to smack a label on it some day. Similar to brittapeanut, I also utilize tarot. Not because I feel I'm getting a divine answer, I use the cards as a symbolized introspection tool. The details that I'm drawn to in each card at any given moment helps me to consciously refine my concerns and what I'm doing to find resolve. It's almost like a pocket self-psychologist. Sometimes it's just nice to look at the artwork itself. There is something therapeutic even in some of the darkest of cards.

P.S. I prefer to pickle my fuzzies in the happiness of a lavender preserve--so soothing for those P.I.T.A. days.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that was quite beautiful. Thank you for your response...The only numbers that really speak to me are 11:11. I just know I'm on the right path. As agent Cooper said, "When two separate events occur simultaneously pertaining to the same object in inquiry we must always pay strict attention".

Also, I can't believe you've never met an ENFP....and word of warning, STAY AWAY.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I have some weird experiences with numbers and dates. They seem to be repeating, like: I am the 6th child, I live at the 6th floor and the number of my apartment is 24 (which would be 6 in numerology). My destiny number, in numerology, is also 6.

I always look to see what time it is at 11:11. Other combinations, like 444 or 22, even 999 or 12:12, are quite frequent.

Before I got pregnant I received a book as a gift. In the prologue (which, by the way, had the title "Prologue in the Sky" - translated literally), there appeared two dates. The text was something like this: "from date X to date Y". Date X was the date of my birthday, except for the year, because it was a year from the future there, like 6000 and something (whose digits reduced resulted in number 6/ my destiny number); date Y was the date my child was born, and the year reduced to one digit was her destiny number, 8. I only discovered this some months later after giving birth and it was very odd.

Also, the date my child was born became an obsession to me exactly one year before it happened , when I wasn't even planning to have a baby.

I also sensed the death of my father one month in advance. I have weird dreams, and I just know some things before they happen, especially those related to my family.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I believe there's more than visible. Sometimes it's too much of a coincidence to be one. Many INFJs have strong developed instincts what appear as physic. One time i couldn't sleep a night because i was paranoid as hell and felt an "Invasion of my safety", the next day my father was in blind panic because he got severe dead threats. Often i know something will happen before they happen. I often think about people and they are suddenly behind me.

INFJs have an instinct many types can't even comprehend. and pretty much being close to them you'll see that kind of stuff. If you're not aware of it, it will appear as bizarre or weird. For the numbers one, i also i see a lot of weird combinations on the clock 1:11 to 23:23 are common to see for me.

Dreams are very vivid and intensive for me personally, they are the only place where i am truly free. I love dreaming and especially talking about them with people. So if you don't dream often and then someone comes who talks about it it can come off as "What. The. Fuck."

Edit: OP, you said you come in peace, but i know everyone who says it never come in peace, GET OUT! *takes out broom* :laughing:

·
Registered
217 Posts
So my question is if you would be willing to share, what are your experience's with ENFP's, dreams, numbers (specifically 11:11, 7:11, 4:20, or any other numbers), and what are your beliefs as far as the super natural or un-explained or "God".
Dreams: Mine are either very mundane or incredibly bizarre.

I dream a lot about ghosts... past lives (which I'm not sure I really believe in)... precognitive dreams (usually only about the people or places that I love)... and a lot of dreams about outer space. I've even had dreams about people from past eras, and the actual dream matches genealogy research that my mother has done. Probably over 90% of my dreams at night involves me rescuing animals in distress. It isn't fun.

Numbers: I'm not sure I really believe in messages via numbers. That's always sounded made up to me and like wishful thinking, but at the same time I think it's possible that if a person does believe in that sort of thing... then perhaps The Universe/Spirit Guides (if you believe in guides) will send you signs through those numbers. Personally though, I'm skeptical, even though I used to see 1's and 2's on the clock c-o-n-s-t-a-n-t-l-y.

The Supernatural/God: I think about this a lot. I'm not religious at all, but I do wonder if there's a God at all. If there is a God, I think it's likely The Universe itself.

I don't believe in a personal God at all. (Again, I think that's wishful thinking. I could go on and on about this forever, but I won't). I've often wondered if God/The Universe needs us in order to even become "conscious" and aware of itself at all. (In other words, everything in nature is linked, and that includes us. Together, we're like this huge fantastical cosmic machine. I know that sounds weird, but I'm sure you get the gist).

I just wonder if perhaps we humans are just one part of The Universes evolution itself. I definitely don't think we were created by some magical deity that likes to keep to itself. Our own galaxy wasn't born until something like 9 billion years after the Big Bang, so it's not like even that happened overnight. If there is a God at all, I think it's nature and science itself. If that's the case, it's all around us. It isn't going to know every single individual person on this planet - and other planets, seeing how mindbogglingly huge the Universe is - but it is around us and even inside us. (Stardust and all that). We're all connected. I just think that people tend to "humanize" God for comfort and because our tiny minds simply can't grasp that the truth is far, far stranger than that.

And even if there is life after death - as in our consciousness never stops - we may still never know the answer as to whether God is real or not. Maybe the quest is what's key here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts