Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't really sure where to put this thread hope this is okay.

I recently went through some deep seeded emotional ordeal. I don't really want to explain what it is mostly because it's soooooo long. Maybe after the thread picks up I'll explain. After this this thing happened my dreams drastically changed. Dying or other people dying in my dreams is nothing new. What it new that before I never saw the death or the body. Mentally during the ordeal I was rather emotionally numb and I still am. Could I just be trying to process all of this? Also none of these have been nightmares.

In the order they happened:

Dream one: One of my cat's died. I could see blood and her rib cage.

Dream two: Someone said that they skinned my other cat alive. I saw part of the dead cat's body. It ended up not being my cat but I killed the guy anyway. I didn't see his death though.

Dream three: I died ( I don't know how my body just randomly appeared next to me ). I was alive and dead at the same time. It's wasn't a clone or a twin. My body was in such a position that I couldn't see my face. I kept reaching down thinking to myself I want to see my face. When I finally worked up the nerve to move my arm out of the way to see my face my eyes were gone. All that was left were deep black holes in my face. An I was newly dead.

Dream four: There was a beam that removed souls. There was a flash and my body fell to the ground. Yet I stayed standing. People around me we talking but they couldn't see me. They kept checking me for a pulse. They said if my soul didn't go back into my body soon that my body would die. I tried everything to get back inside. Nothing worked and I died. Yet again was alive at the same time. I also didn't ever see my face.

I have always had dreams that were symbolically displaying feelings and deep seated emotions a lot of the time with out knowing it. To be honest these dreams didn't scare me. I actually enjoyed a lot of it. Maybe not the dying parts, but I was never scared. The only emotion I felt was confusions. These aren't the only changes just some of the more drastic ones. I have a lot of mountains in my dreams too now. And random people and places from my past as well.

I was just wondering what you guys thought.

Also this cam to mind Depth psychology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sounds like you needed to put something to rest... and despite the attempt, more things are turning up. I wonder if you find it easy to 'purge' your emotions while you're awake, because you're definitely doing some cleansing while you sleep.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Alot of people believe that dreams carry meanings for the future. If you're a believer in the horoscope and other such devices, you might agree with them.

I don't. But I do firmly believe that dreams stem from the occupying factor on your subconscious mind at the time. I wouldn't attempt to interpret or have your dreams interpreted (that's something only you can do) - and I don't think its worth worrying too much about, because its your real-life issues/problems that need to be tackled. And by doing so you'll affect your dreams, imo.

I'm constantly murdered, lol. But never by a gun, or a bomb or anything technological. Always, always a plain old knife in the stomach, or back, or neck or whatever haha.
And its really really painful. :angry:

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like you needed to put something to rest... and despite the attempt, more things are turning up. I wonder if you find it easy to 'purge' your emotions while you're awake, because you're definitely doing some cleansing while you sleep.
Yeah I agree.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alot of people believe that dreams carry meanings for the future. If you're a believer in the horoscope and other such devices, you might agree with them.

I don't. But I do firmly believe that dreams stem from the occupying factor on your subconscious mind at the time. I wouldn't attempt to interpret or have your dreams interpreted (that's something only you can do) - and I don't think its worth worrying too much about, because its your real-life issues/problems that need to be tackled. And by doing so you'll affect your dreams, imo.

I'm constantly murdered, lol. But never by a gun, or a bomb or anything technological. Always, always a plain old knife in the stomach, or back, or neck or whatever haha.
And its really really painful. :angry:
No I don't believe in horoscopes. But I do believe that things you see in your dreams can be symbols of other things.
I like this website, but take everything I read with a grain os salt.

An Online Guide To Dream Interpretation

·
Registered
478 Posts
Every individual mind is totally different. Its been shaped through your personal experiences, which are unique only to you.

So imo, its absurd to have a universal one-size-fits-all interpretation guide (or even a thousand sizes).

·
Registered
INFP - 5w4
243 Posts
Ok first

What your cats represents to you? What it doesnt represent?
Ask these question from death and life. Seeing your face
Was it the Real dream order?

It seems there is an evolution between your dreams first it concerns your cats, secondly it concerns someone talking about your cat, you died (and you observe it from your soul), finally your soul died.
It makes me think of the difference of social cognition. Children dont suppute people have representation it s graduel. Your dreams seems to concern on the distorsion between proof, the distorsion between your self perception and finally your self as a "me" (soul/body)

I think your processing something and planning in relation to these topics

As I think dreams are symbolic thé Meaning of your "cats" "death" "the man" "soul" and "body" are to me coded. You have to ask yourself what all these things means to you personally and you ll get a picture

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
EDIT:
Oops - didn't read OP before posting...thought we were posting our own dreams...

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Without knowing the details of the ordeal, it's difficult to ascertain what your dreams are trying to tell you. But yes, I'm a big believer in how the mind uses symbolisms in dreams in order to work through issues. What I don't subscribe to would be the generic symbolisms that dream interpreters use since different minds will use different metaphors and analogies.

·
Registered
INFJ
5,355 Posts
I google dream interpretation sites. like type in "dead cat" and "dying in your dream" it's interesting what comes up

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5 sx/so
177 Posts
My guess, is you have a high Si user in your close proximity who very much dislikes your cats, and you are an Se user of some form, and you are picking up on this. I have no clue, but this is something random that came to mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts