Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The night kind--when you're asleep. We know that we all have them and that it is kind of a way of defragging the hard drive of the mind.

Do you tend to remember them?

Are they funny?

Can you trace them to things that have been on your mind lately?

Are they scary?

Have you ever wanted to remember the dream and knew it was interesting, but couldn't quite recall it?

Do you tell others about them?

Have you ever been angry with someone because of what happened or what they did in a dream?

Have you ever dreamed something and then it came to pass, or happened, at a later date?

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
I do not remember my dreams. I "think" when I was a child I had a couple dreams where I dreamed something and it happened a few days later.

Reactions: Sela and niss

·
Registered
447 Posts
I do not usually remember my dreams. I like not remembering my dreams- when I am able to remember one or more nights' dreams, then I know something is wrong with me. Usually I am just upset or in a weird mood. I try to forget them as soon as I possibly can. Usually these dreams are about the things on my mind lately, but they scare me when/if I try to remember them.
If other people are in my dreams- I never tell them about it. I like to leave what's in my mind, simply where it belongs (in my mind!). I would never be angry with anyone because of what happened in a dream.
I remember when I was a little kid- I usually "dreamed" a feeling. One was smooth and calming and relaxed me, but the other was not (I can't describe it properly).

·
Registered
308 Posts
I dream quite frequently, most often during afternoon naps. I have also been diligently endeavoring to interpret the symbols in my dreams since I was 15. I find them highly relevant to situations in my waking life. The only person with whom I discuss my dreams is my best friend. I trust her completely and she also has a talent for seeing things I miss when I tell her about my latest dream and possible interpretations I've been considering.

I don't often have nightmares. The last one I had was quite disturbing though. It happened the night of Friday, April 16. The content was frightening as it usually isn't, but the symbolism was still germane to my immediate circumstances.

I find exploring my dreams to be a fascinating way to understand myself.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
My dreams seem to be a short story in places I know well with themes that don't really add up to much. Events occur for no reason and I am never in control of them. Items within these dreams appear and disappear based on what the story calls for. I remember them vaguely for a good 5 seconds after I wake up and then the details and soon the point of the dream are lost. Rarely is the motif of the dream something that sticks with me.

Lately its been weird, in my dream I urinate and it feels so real. I immediately force myself awake because I could have just pissed the bed and I feel my boxers and they're dry! YAY ME! I have to use the restroom though, and badly. My dreams appear to have a humorous side.

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
The night kind--when you're asleep. We know that we all have them and that it is kind of a way of defragging the hard drive of the mind.

Are they funny?

Are they scary?

Have you ever wanted to remember the dream and knew it was interesting, but couldn't quite recall it?

Have you ever been angry with someone because of what happened or what they did in a dream?

Have you ever dreamed something and then it came to pass, or happened, at a later date?

Thanks
naturally your dreams are directly linked to recent events in your life.

my dreams are always concerned with me fightinf or strugling against something or me doing something im not supposed to or me being in a situation that is hard to get out of, and i wake up and its like "thank god it was just a dream."

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
Not usually.

Are they funny?
No.

Absolutely.

Are they scary?
Sometimes, if I've recently gone through a traumatic event (for instance, my cat's recent death).

Yes.

There is one person that I am very close to that I share them with, but otherwise, no.

No.

Yes, on more than one occasion. See above for the person that I confide in. He believes that I have a gift. For a long time I thought he was crazy. I've always felt it was a curse, but have recently begun to question this. I've never been a religious person, but it's entirely possible that we are in fact put here for a reason.

·
Banned
932 Posts
lately its been weird, in my dream i urinate and it feels so real. I immediately force myself awake because i could have just pissed the bed and i feel my boxers and they're dry! Yay me! I have to use the restroom though, and badly. My dreams appear to have a humorous side.

tmi....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Reactions: Sela and niss

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not very often these days. I'm up so late working on things at the moment that I just crash into blackness the second I hit the pillow. Then after what feels like five seconds after, it's time to get up again.

Are they funny?
Not particularly. Most are about trying to achieve something - like catch a criminal, win a competition, escaping from somewhere, etc. I remember one in particular was about being in a plane crash in the middle of the ocean. I had to swim back and forth from the plane to the scattered, drowning passengers, to give them life vests.

Hm, I suppose some parallels can be drawn between my life and my dreams. If it feels important, and I don't understand, then I'll just look up the meanings to see if dream interpretation can shed some light on the issues that I may not be consciously aware of.

Are they scary?
When I was younger, I used to be able to be conscious that I was dreaming, while dreaming. Because of this, I've figured out a little trick to escape nightmares. I don't know if it works for other people, but if you close your eyes in a dream, then open them, you will wake up. Unless of course, you're too scared to remember this fact.

Yes. I am able to recall dreams quite right after I wake up, but after a while it fades away completely.

Not usually.

No, never. I realize getting angry at someone over something my own subconscious cooked up is irrational, unless it reminds me of something they actually have done.

Yes, a few times.

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
Not very often these days. I'm up so late working on things at the moment that I just crash into blackness the second I hit the pillow. Then after what feels like five seconds after, it's time to get up again.
I hate that!!! That will be my world once again starting next Monday (23 August). That's when college starts up again (i.e., FT @ school, FT @ work, and a little PT gig on the side).

·
Registered
3,234 Posts

Usually, yes. If I'm exhausted they tend to be more vivid and it also seems to increase the possibility of a lucid dream.

Are they funny?
I can't remember one dream I've ever had that I would consider funny.

Yes.

Are they scary?
Occasionally. I had one 2 nights ago that made me do the thing like you see in movies when someone has a scary dream where you immediately sit up and bed and are wide awake. Crazy clown just came out of no where and ate me!

Yes. There are steps you can take to help you remember your dreams, though.

Only one other person.

Haha, yes. But only briefly.

Yes. Is this not the definition of deja vu? But seriously, it can be really freaky when this happens.

Dreams are something that have always interested me. I've done some reading online in regards to lucid dreaming. Really interesting stuff.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have two types of dreams: lucid blockbusters, and the regular subconscious dreams. Subconscious dreams just leave me with a vague impression or emotion, but I remember my lucid dreams - it helps that they're recurring~

Are they funny?
No, mostly they're surreal. Normally either horror or action-adventure, with the odd slice-of-life. But no funnies :sad:.

Not usually - I would have to interpret them first, but I haven't noticed any particular pattern.

Are they scary?
More often than I'd like. One recurring dream in particular always leaves me petrified.

Not really. I normally remember my dreams clearly, or not at all. Even if my memory of them tends to fade quickly, the associated emotion lingers.

Generally, no. But I occasionally talk about dreams with one of my close friends, and I keep an infrequent dream diary.

No, but I have been afraid of (or for) them. Not outside the context of the dream, though.

Yeah, generally mundane things that have really been preoccupying me. For example, finding something that I've lost.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I remember reading somehwere that every person dreams at least 4-5 times every night. Do I remember them? Sometimes one or two of them.

Are they funny?
Not funny. However, they follow many other kind of genres- suspense, thriller, horror, drama and abstract

Generally not. In fact, they happen to be things that I have not thought of recently but might have been buried deep in my sub- conscious mind.

Are they scary?
Yep, some of them.

Yes, that has happened, not once but many, many times. The funny thing is that if I try hard enough to remember it then I can remmeber them. I also remember them if something similar to what took place in a dream happens in reality.

Generally no. But I might if they relate to specific people or might mean something important or are really funny/ interesting/ amusing.

That ocurred last week. It was a ridiculous situation actually. It gives you an excuse to be 'pretend' angry at them.

Not whole of the dream. But sometimes fragments of it occur.

Lately its been weird, in my dream I urinate and it feels so real. I immediately force myself awake because I could have just pissed the bed and I feel my boxers and they're dry! YAY ME! I have to use the restroom though, and badly. My dreams appear to have a humorous side.
That happens and if you are not careful then you can end up wetting yourself. I learned it the hard way when I was 5 years old. Since then I have been careful not to dream of such dangerous topics and wake up at the first signs of such dreams.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Also

Since we are on the topic of dreams, does this happen to anyone else?

-Do your dreams tend to change locations and surroundings in split seconds?
-Does your dreams change characters as well without prior warning?
-Does a dream that you might have dreamt about ages ago, say 5 years back suddenly repeats itself without any similar event occuring?

·
Registered
34 Posts
yes, but usually only for a few seconds after waking up, and others i don't forget tend to be vague.
Are they funny?
no, not really. maybe in a cheesy horror movie kind of way.
yup.
Are they scary?
rarely.
yes, a lot.
no, used to, but not anymore. (lately they involve an axe and the occasional scythe.)
yes, but only for the few seconds it took for me to call it illogical and be ashamed.:blushed:
no, i wish.:dry:

-Do your dreams tend to change locations and surroundings in split seconds?
yes.
-Does your dreams change characters as well without prior warning?
yup.
-Does a dream that you might have dreamt about ages ago, say 5 years back suddenly repeats itself without any similar event occurring?
nope, recurring dreams are within days of each other.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts