Personality Cafe banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I tend to remember a good portion of my dreams; they are very vivid and detailed. Sometimes they are funny, often funny things happen in them (as in odd). I can definately relate my dreams to what have been on my mind recently. just the other night I dreamed that i was with a group of my fellow Cadets at Field training dooing stuff. In real life I have been worried about my upcoming year of ROTC millitary training...but then i have to add there was a kitten, cockatiel, inflatable obsicale courses and ceiling fans involved...( i have odd dreams)

Many many of the dreams that I remember are of being chased or running. i have those kind of dreams all the time! :mellow:
My dreams do tend to change locations, but there is a general dream-logic as to how i ended up in skateland after climbing out of a lazy river in the middle of the zoo. (which i fell into by way of secret water slide through a trap door in my old high school)

in many of my dreams i am me, but sometimes i am seeing the "world" through the eyes of somebody else. I become that person. some of the locations do repeat in my head, but often i just know i have dreamt of that particular place before, whether or not i remember the previous dream

I also notice that I am "protecting" things in my dreams, be it a person or kitten. I have a need to protect things...any other ISTJ have that?

Sorry that was soo long winded!

OWL

·
MOTM May 2011
14,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Do you tend to remember them?

Not really. Sometimes I remember very fuzzily that I dreamed about someone or something, but I don't remember details. Occassionally I will have a very vivid dream and can remember them in great detail. Usually these are about things that have not (yet) happened.

Are they funny?

Sometimes they are funny just because they are such a mixed up mess.:blushed:

Can you trace them to things that have been on your mind lately?

Absolutely. 90+% of them fall into this category.

Are they scary?

Not normally. I had nightmares as a kid, but not any longer. However, I have had a terrifying dream about my children--one that still haunts me years later.

Have you ever wanted to remember the dream and knew it was interesting, but couldn't quite recall it?

Yes, frequently.

Do you tell others about them?

Yes, I will sometimes share them with SWMBO. I've only shared one with anyone other than SWMBO.

Have you ever been angry with someone because of what happened or what they did in a dream?

Yes. I once dreamed SWMBO was cheating on me. Took me half a day to forgive her! It was a rather vivid and detailed dream--and I knew the guy. Today we laugh about it, but at the time I was royally hacked:angry:--even though I knew it was irrational.:blushed:

Have you ever dreamed something and then it came to pass, or happened, at a later date?

Not yet. I hope not ever.:sad:

Just thought I'd answer my own questions. Thanks to everyone for their responses. You are all so much fun!:happy:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Then after what feels like five seconds after, it's time to get up again.
That happens everyday. It's rather puzzling that what feels like 5 seeconds of lying down is actually 8 hours of sleep. How can 8 hours pass so quickly without me feeling a thing?
I still feel all the watches in the house are lying to me...:crazy::tongue::wink:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes and in detail (i will give you example lower :3)

Are they funny?
I guess they can be from some person point of view

Not really

Are they scary?
a little but they are mostly really fucked up

Have you ever wanted to remember the dream and knew it was interesting, but couldn't quite recall it?
no since i remember my dream

well im telling them to you and my psy often want me to talk about my dream

Have you ever been angry with someone because of what happened or what they did in a dream?
how could i be mad at something imaginary dream = a trip on DMT

Have you ever dreamed something and then it came to pass, or happened, at a later date?
often it funny when it happens since you know everything that people will say for the following minute and tell them what they will say XD

some dream i remember
(5 Years old)
im in a kind of weird tower it raining outside the wall seem to be made of a concrete but darker due to the shitty lighting in the tower im running in a kind of giant circular staircase and im followed by a giant aligator the the a black door that block my way i see the aligator he bite my leg and then i wake up

(8 Year old)this 1 is really fucked up
it begin im flying around my school then i start falling but just before hit the ground i regain control and "land" then i go to the door of the school and it magicly open itself i enter the school and i go downstair but the door seem to be locked so i try doing a kamehameha on it the first time it doesnt work but the second time it does although it does shoot a beam there only a little blue ball glowing from my hand when i enter the room there a bed with circular carving on it inside the bed there the slush pupie dog hes sick and he have a thermomether in is mouth there a little desk next to him where you can see a candle buring the room is filled with an "agressive black" then he start mumbling something a language i never heard before and point the sky wich suddently appeard up there a black flying fortress i teleport to it and im facing a black knight with red eye and the dream end

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Not recently. I've always been a heavy sleeper, but especially since I began studying for the bar my nights have been total blackouts. I miss dreaming.

Are they funny?
Afraid not. (But what they lack in humour they make up for in action.)

No. The contents are very much surreal and unrelated to my everyday life.
They have distinct sci-fi/ horror undertones, for which I blame my usual reading/viewing materials.

Are they scary?
Yeah, that one time when I dreamed I'd killed a man and was trying to bury his remains, except the bones kept resurfacing up. I really beat myself up over that one when I woke up.
Apart from that one I have no complaints - I get to star in my own 'Blade Runner' and 'Resident Evil' movies. How cool is that?

Yep. That prompted me to keep a Dream Journal for a short while. It proved to be far more entertaining reading material than some of my best science fiction collection.

Rarely.
But the one time I did, my girlfriend did look quite pleased when I reported that she had saved my a** from a mob of flesh-eating zombies the previous night.

Never, because 1) real-life acquaintances rarely make an appearance in my dreams, and 2) I never get angry at other people, anyway.

I've had deja-vus, but those weren't from my dreams.

Thanks for the interesting post.

PS. Newbie, btw. I give my humble greetings to all.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts