Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you dream a lot? Moreover, do you have very vivid dreams that you feel almost "follow" you into your waking life?

I had an extremely vivid dream a few days ago that I had a daughter by my current boyfriend. Her name was Asha (boyfriend is Middle Eastern), and I can remember clearly her size, she shape of her face, the colour of her eyes and hair... It was so vivid. My dreams are not normally that vivid, and I usually forget them soon after I wake up.

I searched the name Asha, which I had never heard before, online the day after and it turns out it means "wish" or "hope" in Sanskrit. I was like "you go, subconscious!". I feel strange now, like I actually *met* the child I'm going to have.

I'm not pregnant, in case you're wondering. As far as I know... :mellow:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hm.. yes, I do experience some dreams like that. Although, mine seems to be more like a de ja vu.

I had a dream of my friend's mom, once. I never knew how she looked like. One night, my mom called me, pointed towards the woman on TV and told me that was my friend's mom. The one in my dream looked almost exactly the same as the one on TV! :shocked: It was scary, but cool too.

Reactions: Cauliflower

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am soldier, in the midst of combat, in a war torn building which has been recently hit with heavy artilery. It is daylight. The foundation remains, and some of the walls. The smell of burning wood. I am alone, I am not afraid, I carry a pistol. Several men reveal themselves from cover behind a few standing portions of the room I am in, two in front of me and one to my left, I fire two shots, I see the red holes in the faces of the two men infront. I hear a shot before I can turn, I cant move, everything freezes and stops, sound ends, darkness prevails.

I am standing in a field, its so dark I cant see anything, off in the distance there is a large fire burning orange and yellow. I walk towards it, it is a small square shack, dark figures in a line walking one by one into the burning building. Men and woman exiting one by one through the other side, the fire changes them, parts of them are burning, those burning parts have no skin, I see only black ribs and bone amisdt the fire, the line is long.

A woman approaches, she is small and slender and gaunt and pale, yet young and beautiful with long black hair, wearing a black robe. Unemotional with eyes that know but do not care. Intricate tattoos of black ink in thin long lines spiralling in some places like vines growing down from her temples to her chin and under one of her eyes. She stops, and looks at me, looks into me, looks through me, and says three things in a calm monotone that is chilling, but also comforting in a voice that is ageless.

We are the dead Death has come for us He will take you when he chooses

And then I wake up. Thats the clearest, most vivid, coherent dream I've ever had. I hard a hard time getting back to sleep that night. :sad:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have VERY Vivid dreams, either triggered by something in the present or totally random.
I have some of them documented on my blog. they are quite long too.

Some of them include,
One from when i was quite young (6years) It was a Jetsons-type existence.
There was also one were there was a blue deep freezer, i think the main theme of the dream was me waking up from this present reality (think The Matrix)

In recent times, i dreamt i was in a runaway car of a train, only to read in the News two weeks after, about a Runaway train!
I also dreamt about my dad being a Werewolf..very vivid. (I have no issues with my dad, it was triggered by the movie).
Another, I was visiting a reality TV set in a mansion, (think Gordon Ramsay) but after two seconds, all occupants turn to zombies, i escape with an American actor in the 'Head' Zombie's bentley (still don't know what triggered this)

wheew, lots!.:crazy:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have vivid dreams almost every night. And they also tend to be lucid.
They can often get very weird. For example last night I was dreaming that I was in front of my computer with some shiny wallpaper trying to enable physx on an ati radeon video card. After clicking several time on the option I managed to turn it on and a demo with a lamp went from 10fps to 70. The effects on that lamp were very real, as its fringe was shaking very realistically and made the shadows appear real.
After closing the application, I entered a Lara Croft game to try the new physx. As soon as I entered, I was her inside a hospital hall with some men in black chasing me. After some parkour moves I reached the lower levels of the building and jumped through the window (the effects on the glass were unrealistically real). Then I unfolded my hair and started running away. It was sunny and as I moved near bushes the leaves were moving so nice, realistically but in slow motion, and so was my long light brown hair. Also the HDR was very powerful :tongue:
Or I had a dream several days ago when I was Mario chasing chickens until some very big chickens started chasing me instead and I was hiding on the rooftop made with red blocks and hit them with a shovel as they passed by :crazy:
The more 'serious' dreams usually have powerful personal implications so I rather keep them for myself. I did have lots of dreams about future events, but since I get lucid more often in my dreamworld it is not happening too often anymore.
I have nights with no dreams at all and nights when I can perfectly recall up to 10 quite lengthy dreams, I would say on average I have 2-3 dreams in a night.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I am beginning to dream more and more about reality which is disappointing. These reality dreams usually involves me doing things I have planned to do in the future. Bleh. I used to have more of wild kind dreams that ranged from me visiting a bunch of rather friendly aliens by using one of those jumping mats to jump into their spaceship, to dying several times in a row in a single dream, to learning how to fly by just waving my arms around, to being some sort of weird animal that lives in dark porous caves. The mindset induced by dreams would on occasion follow me into the waking state and then what I have dreamed of would influence my mood the entire following day. These absurd kind of dreams still happen but they are definitely lower in frequency which I think has been caused by me trying to turn into adult. So when I sleep apparently my mind is trying to tackle 'adult' problems of the coming day and this leaves little room for imagination.

Thankfully all my dreams remain to be in bright colors. And yes, I have dreamed several times of having a child. I would say that it is a very emotionally engaging dream, but the content I would consider to be definitely on the less weird side of everything else that I have dreamed of :mellow:

·
Registered
89 Posts
So intrigued and envious of your dream recall and lucidity collossus! I find it extremely difficult to stay lucid when I realize I am dreaming. Mainly because I get an instant feeling of dread and horror and my most terrible fears and nightmares begin, and I scare myself awake almost immediately...

I also get this same petrifying feeling of terror when I inevitably try using 'normal tools' and their use have effects that arent correct. ie- clocks with hands that are changing or spinning backwards fast, digital clocks that have strange alien figures on them, light switches that dont work, doors that lead to strange places, books that change without turning the page, and etc....

Funny I did have a dream about watching a movie and becoming a part of it a few days ago (but i wasnt lucid so i didnt retreat to reality) the movie was star wars esque featuring the glove of jesus and all my jedi associates being poisoned somehow with the effect of red glowing eyes. The dream ended with me blasting off a planet with an uninfected girl in my arms (i was literally stand on the ground and just jumped into the cosmos)

I also had a ridiculous dream recently that i was a member of Barack Obamas campaine crew. Him, and my co-workers and I were in a room with alot of cubicles. 8 or 9 times in a row I asked him for a light and stole his lighter. the last time I looked down to see several lighters in my hand, then I looked up and asked him for a light again...and he said "you know, your really starting to push it" and i was just like "so...can i borrow a light?" hahahhaha AWESUM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts