Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all of my dreams are wish fulfillments. Things that I want/need to do, but it's not the right time, place, whatever. Even things that I refuse to do that I want to do (because they go against my wiser judgements), I dream about doing. Is this my way of controlling even as I sleep?

I don't really believe that dreams mean anything significant, but I'm such a doer... It makes me think I want to actually go out and do the things I have dreamed about.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I can imagine you to sleepwa... work. Awesome!

Seriously, I believe so. I think mine is showing me my true unregulated wish(hidden there somewhere) as unlikely opportunities presenting them self, but I am partly(varies) in control(you meant to say you were to?). And realizing to actually have to abide by my rules can be unsettling(strange).
Interesting that there is so much deaths in mine...

·
Registered
115 Posts
...hidden agendas... unexpected.
I am going to derail the tread a little.
I thought you guys(girls) didn't need to hide things. I understand you can't share them but maybe explain why you have them, hidden.

·
Banned
459 Posts
I wish my dreams made sense. I'm either dreaming about Afghanistan or about flying cattle or something. Or spiders, but that's because they keep crawling in the window above my bed, the buggers :dry:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hidden agendas are only shared with people we trust or they are unspoken completely. People we don't know are not privy to such information as our motives:) Our motivating forces behind what we do: power, money, respect and the like.

In my most recent case, I'm looking to control a pretty much chaotic and unpredictable situation because it's my nature to control. I'm doing my concious best to be more easy going but I don't want to deep down.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wish I could remember my dreams. I know they're crazy, but I wake up so freaking early that my dreams are interrupted with the sound of my alarm, and I end up forgetting them. Its usually only under times of great stress that I remember my dreams. For instance I had feelings for my best friend, but all my other guy friends had a thing for her too. So to prevent any further drama between my friends I just let it go. I ended up having gnarly dreams about my teeth falling out, which I guess is a sign of keeping a large secret. I'm not all into the analyzing of dreams thing, but when I read about the meaning of having your teeth falling out it made sense. So I suppose dreams are a way that your subconscious works out all the things that stress you out.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I were in your situation, I would actually act out the dream. Probably best that you didn't go after her. Let her make her take her pick. My mom told me not to join the Navy for that reason (I'd be the only girl on a ship full of guys... There would have been a mass homicide).

When I was in the Air Force, I used to dream that I could fly but that as soon as I got in the air, I would hit an invisible wall. It was like I was in a container. My therapist said I was trying to run away but that I was feeling trapped. I had that dream just about every night that I was in the military.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The dream about my teeth falling out was back in high school (~10 years ago) and I haven't had one like that since. But that flying thing sounds crazy, you haven't had that dream since you were discharged?

As usual the dream I had this morning before I woke up made no sense. Unless there is some deeper meaning that can be deduced from playing youth league football and having a wasp repeatedly land on the left side of your neck during a timeout. And when you get back onto the field the baseball team is warming up and playing pepper in your end zone. And then you tackle their running back twice on the 3 yard line for a turnover on downs. But yeah no clue what it means. The wasp thing sucked, that part lasted a good half hour.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Even things that I refuse to do that I want to do (because they go against my wiser judgements), I dream about doing. Is this my way of controlling even as I sleep?

I don't really believe that dreams mean anything significant, but I'm such a doer... It makes me think I want to actually go out and do the things I have dreamed about.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested to know what you want to do but think is unwise.

and from the chemistry thread..... do you think because you are getting your masters that it is holding you back from doing things because of the study/ school schedual and your current relationship that you are allowing yourself to endulge alittle you are feeling guilty or less productive? or maybe because you have down time your subconcious might be producing ways for you to do things without reaaly doing them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts