Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have dreams? I mean literal dreams, when you sleep at night. In my dreams, I've always noticed that I've had the persona of a 7w8 (years before I realized I was a 7w8). I can see this in my trickster interactions with the people I dream about.

I often also dream that I'm running from Something. Sometimes I'm trapped in a building and I have to get outside; sometimes I'm already outside. It's always beautiful outside--the sun is shining, the sky is blue, there are magnificent landscapes...and I can fly. I'm still running away, but the pleasure is in the running.

When I developed thyroid trouble, I began to have a lot of bad dreams, and sometimes I didn't always get away from whatever was chasing me. When it would attack me, I'd always turn around to find...my mother. It's so archetypal I could scream. It should have been a major tipoff as to my true E-type.

Anyone else?

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Do you have dreams? I mean literal dreams, when you sleep at night. In my dreams, I've always noticed that I've had the persona of a 7w8 (years before I realized I was a 7w8). I can see this in my trickster interactions with the people I dream about.

I often also dream that I'm running from Something. Sometimes I'm trapped in a building and I have to get outside; sometimes I'm already outside. It's always beautiful outside--the sun is shining, the sky is blue, there are magnificent landscapes...and I can fly. I'm still running away, but the pleasure is in the running.

When I developed thyroid trouble, I began to have a lot of bad dreams, and sometimes I didn't always get away from whatever was chasing me. When it would attack me, I'd always turn around to find...my mother. It's so archetypal I could scream. It should have been a major tipoff as to my true E-type.

Anyone else?
I used to be able to lucid dream, on command. Now, I'm having trouble dreaming at all; it's strange. I relate to that dream, though, only that I'm usually running from something; what it is, I can't imagine. I do seem to be able to make myself fly, though, so that's not a problem :tongue:.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
I don't dream anymore. They are just never noteworthy except for one.

The only time I had a dream that I remember was when I stayed up all night and through the next day. I fell asleep on the toilet of all places, lol. The dream was me getting up from the toilet and running in a circle from room to room, which is really easy to do only passing through each room for about 2 seconds before you're in the next. So I was running in circles and all I could feel and see was chaos and this was somehow killing my family members. The world was spinning, I was thinking of how I need to contain myself and bring an end to the madness but everything was too far out of control to take back reality in the dream. I woke up with tears down my cheeks and I covered my mouth trying to tell myself that the world wasn't spinning out of control on me and everybody is fine. Took me a good 5 minutes to ease my tension and get off the toilet. The thing that was particularly different about that dream was that I started in the same place as I was sitting. Most take place in a distant place from my memory, so it felt more real than any other.

1s desire maximum control of what they do to be blameless. When a dream like that comes around the there is no method in which my signature speaks of.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
When I was a teen I could remember my dreams really well but most of the time now I'll remember a small snippet but then it disappears.

I used to have zombie dreams all the time, but scary dreams don't usually really scare me. It was more entertaining than anything. When I'm stressed I have dreams that I either can't run how I want to, like I'm trying to run underwater and can't move. Or that I'm trying to scream and no noise will come out. Unfortunately with the screaming one I sometimes make noises in reality and freak my partner out - kind of like a really breathy, silent scream.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
My dreams usually take the form of fighting an enemy, usually some kind of humanoid monster. The monster is never a mindless beast though, it's always intelligent and something I can reason with if I choose to (ex. more like Predator than Alien, more like a vampire than a werewolf). There are always others I have to protect in the dream as well, it's not just about myself. Ultimately, despite all my attempts to negotiate and seek peaceful resolution, I end up having to resort to violence and destroy the enemy. I think these dreams are really about the struggles in my life. I have a tendency to try to overthink things and seek more favorable solutions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I was a teenager I had the ability to dream for hours on end and I was even able to record them into journal entries upon waking. The dreams felt lifelike and actually fit the description of astral projection to a "T". However, since I joined the Navy I have only ever had one memorable and lifelike dream.

The dream was so lifelike and real that I could identify the ages and identities of everyone present, the age of my very young daughter, the event that was transpiring (Christmas) and the details of the wrapped and unwrapped presents. I even remember that I had a camcorder taping my father holding my daughter and smiling at her as she smiled back. My daughter, who had ice blue eyes and reddish blonde hair, was named Arisu (Japanese spelling of Alice).

Now the best part about this dream? Besides still remembering it (years later now) I have never had a significant other in the sense of a relationship bound towards marriage and family, nor have I ever had sexual relations with someone. So besides being a very strong premonition, it seems that I will find Arisu through adoption at some point in my life.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
My dreams are either painfully mundane or brilliantly bizarre.

For example:

I had a dream I was walking down a school hallway (with many doors) looking for a friend. I open one door to see George Lucas sitting at a table by himself. I say "you're not my friend" and then close the door. I wake up.

I had another dream I was at a restaurant with my sister and Grandmother. I was looking at the prices for pasta when suddenly I hear "oh, that one's good." I look over to see Lindsay Lohan pointing at one of the dishes on my menu. I say "thanks" and go back to my business. I wake up.

I had a dream where I was at a restaurant with my family. The restaurant was set over the ocean, so there were cut away sections of the floor where you could look down into the coral reef below and see the fish. I got into scuba gear, jumped in (we had 20 minutes until the food arrived) and went exploring, only to run into a woman (in scuba gear) being chased by twenty men (also in scuba gear) all armed with rapiers. They proceeded to kill the woman and turn on me. I killed them, went back to the restaurant, and settled in for dinner. Then the OWNER of the restaurant came by and asked how our food was. I knew this was code for "those were my men you killed and now I'm coming after you and the family." So I hustled everybody out of the restaurant (I didn't explain anything to them) got them a taxi and then decided to head home separately (as a decoy). I was halfway home when I saw the Owner's car speeding down the street after me. I hid behind a 300 lb. black hooker named Ruby and waited for the car to pass. When it had, I kept walking. End of dream.

I have no idea if those signify type. They're just strange dreams that give me a small laugh when I think about them now and then.

Interestingly, I almost never have nightmares. I'm also never killed in my dreams, chased by shadowy creatures/monsters, or thrust into awkward social situations.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Hmm... Good question. ^^ I've gotten quite interested in dreams and thus have kept a dream journal. I always try to remember my dreams. So I do have quite a few of them written down. I have a couple of different types of dreams.

One time, I was extremely lonely. The friends I dearly loved I could not see, not for a long time, and I thought that maybe I'd never get to see them again. Ever. Save for special occasions. I had dreams, often, in a row, of meeting them. One particular one of those, I remember, was at our church all my friends were there. We all ran, together. And I, for once, ran fastest. I could not get tired. I just ran. I was graceful. For the first time, I was fast and graceful, and I was with my friends.

I've had "Star Dreams". They happen occasionally. I will be paying attention to the stars and feel as though something is not quite right. Something is not as it was, something isn't normal. Almost as though something is wrong. One of them I wrote down:

I always watch the sky. Outside everything seems fine, but strange. Weird. Not right. I am walking outside in a field and the night sky looks so much closer to the ground. As though the sky and the ground are about to meet. The constellations are different and I can see the stars swirl, making strange patterns. I swear I can touch them. But throughout the dream there is this strange feeling of ultimate power that is causing these things that I cannot control. It is beautiful, but absolutely terrifying. Partly because I know I cannot control it. But I watch. And in the end, there is a pit of dread in my stomach, and awe. And then I wake up.
Then there are dreams where something is there that is hostile. I am unsure. I'm pretty sure it's a security thing. One particular one was of an odd house that I and a couple of other people from this group were drawn to. Well, specifically, in this house the group was in, there were these large double doors (wooden) that nobody else but us were drawn to. And I went through. It was hostile. The double doors led to the inside of a never ending building full of hallways with doors, everywhere. Doors that led to strange places. The thing that struck me most was that this place wasn't tame. Tame was the word. And then, later, there was this boy who was accustomed to the way of this House. And he protected me, somewhat. Although there was something strangely addicting about that House in the way it called out to me, yet I was so scared by it.

Disturbing Dream Warning:

And most recently, I had a dream that was quite violent. I am with my friends at school. And there is one girl, a figure only in my dreams, whose name is Courtney. Odd. She has a name. And one other, a guy who people don't trust. Courtney wears a blue tight shirt. Dirty blond. Flirty. Tall. And I know she is full of anger. Jealousy. And I remember in this context that in the city I was in, a girl in my class was murdered. Brutally. She had been tied, helpless. Knives to her skin. And one terrifying detail I remember - the very tips of her fingers were cut off. The police question the class. Everybody suspects the guy who people don't trust. But I know he is innocent.

Erm, a bit of a gore warning is needed here. O_O

I know the truth. Flashback within my dream. Or, I went back in time. Or something. XD Because I go back. I follow Courtney. Courtney is with the Victim Girl. Courtney is jealous of this Victim Girl who "stole" her guy. Courtney takes this girl to a wide alley. She has lots of knives. And she takes the Victim Girl down and I watch as she first cuts off her fingertips. She takes a butcher knife, large and sharp, and raises it high. I run through the city. It is broad daylight, I call to anybody, even police are milling about, but they do absolutely nothing. But it is too late because Courtney has taken the knife and cut the Victim Girl right through the ribs. (Ew. Ew. Ew.) And Courtney does something truly awful to the dead body.

Back to the future. I tell the police the story. Everybody trusts the guy who nobody ever trusted before.

But that is so odd! It was a terribly violent and gruesome dream, and I hardly ever have dreams like that. x_X I have no idea why I had it. Which is why it is so curious. But a lot of my dreams have to do with security. The bad ones are always hostile feeling, and I always am completely helpless and vulnerable. No safety whatsoever. So that should have given me an indicator for my type, I suppose. ^^

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've had "Star Dreams". They happen occasionally. I will be paying attention to the stars and feel as though something is not quite right. Something is not as it was, something isn't normal. Almost as though something is wrong.
I've had these, except it's with the clouds. I'm looking out my window, and they're just doing these marvelous things. But I tend to find them beautiful rather than disturbing.

Then there are dreams where something is there that is hostile. I am unsure. I'm pretty sure it's a security thing. One particular one was of an odd house that I and a couple of other people from this group were drawn to. Well, specifically, in this house the group was in, there were these large double doors (wooden) that nobody else but us were drawn to. And I went through. It was hostile. The double doors led to the inside of a never ending building full of hallways with doors, everywhere. Doors that led to strange places. The thing that struck me most was that this place wasn't tame. Tame was the word. And then, later, there was this boy who was accustomed to the way of this House. And he protected me, somewhat. Although there was something strangely addicting about that House in the way it called out to me, yet I was so scared by it.
I get dreams like this, too. To me, it's always represented exploration of something I never knew I had before, like the interior of my house. I guess there is a sort of typical 6/7 divide between our interpretations of these dreams!

I've also had some gory ones, especially while I had a thyroid problem. Those dreams still haunt me.

·
Registered
729 Posts
2:00 AM February 2nd 2012, Dream of hell.
This Dream completely tore me off my hinges. It only took 3 and a half hours to make and now I fear sleeping. Fear that it will intervene with my sleeping again. Understand that when I opened my eyes I believed this, the real world, was the dream.

It started off in an open spaced, dirty brick walled psychiatric hospital. Not too different from my college dorm room. I woke on a wooden bed with a clipboard, and a misshapen pencil or marker hard to write with attached to the top of it. I first noticed a little plastic clip. The marker could not be detached without flipping it. As I flipped it, Time reversed. I was now lying on the wooden bed again. Clipboard exactly where it first was. I tried it again, only held the switch. Time did not stop, and the marker was free. On the opposite end of the room was now a whiteboard that said....Repeat....In the marginal left south corner.

Realize that I previously dreamt of a death of the entire planet, saw it coming, and spaced out before this

Already spooked, I then saw hoses, hooked to the top and bottom somehow connected to the walls. But they were unattached, and needed screwed together. Above was a wooden switch across the room I couldn't reach. But could climb rafters to get to it. I blurringly did so and walked up to the switch.

Before I got to it Doctor who appeared, (The new one), Flipped the switch. And a time elapse started. After 5 seconds, the clicking stopped, He then proceeded to say in an intense voice. "I'm sorry I cannot help you".(Much like he says if you are destined to die) "But this place was meant to torture you"(With a disgusted face) I found out the hoses unhooked themselves after the time elapse and if any were hooked before I flipped the switch, they reset themselves. All eight needed to be hooked in order to escape I knew, and all within that 5 second period. For all eternity nothing changed. I was tortured with a constant repeat of nothingness. My thoughts are all that changed. I deducted I had been sent to hell, my own personal hell.

That's when I woke up after my character had this revelation and then I speculated about it. After my heart wasn't within heart attack status.

But what was it for? A warning of the afterlife? I wasn't sure, but it explains my thoughts of life now, only....bleaker. Only with immortality could I find such repeats. Which part of my daydreams concern about. I only hope it was a symbol, not a fated future.

The ~Repeat~ was a suttle slap in the face in the dream. The marker and erasing all marks of the white board after each time elapse meant that I can write, not anyone or my future self will recognize any repeated ideas I have. However, Doctor who was an even more torturing element. Knowing someone as brilliant as him, could not help get me out of the prison just made it worse.

Break[Weird dream huh?]

Reactions: RepairmanMan Man
1 - 11 of 11 Posts