Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed quite a few habits that I have developed, and am wondering if its an ENTJ thing.

When driving:
I dont cut people off, and I let people in, I expect it of everyone.
If you cut me off, or dont let me in, I will display quite a bit of anger in your direction.
I cant stand being behind someone who goes the speed limit or less.
I always speed, typically at least 10 miles over, but up to 60 miles over.
I constantly find that I am the only person on the road who knows how to drive.
Im anal about turn signals, I cant stand people who wont use their turn signals, and I often use mine on an empty road.
I yell. At everyone. And give people dirty looks. I like my horn.
I am usually in a hurry to get where im going, no matter how early I am.

Is this something ya'll can relate to?

·
Registered
648 Posts
LOL
As a cyclist, that is my primary mode of transportation in Seattle, however what you mentioned above I hold for cycling laws.
I hate when drivers dont use turn signals. I've been hit by cars twice because of this and paid a lot in medical bills.
I typically get really bad road rage when people cut me off, or people are on their phones.
Essentially, the most annoying thing I see is people on a phone, not using a blue tooth device.
Thanks for hitting me with your Escalade.
I will be sure to send you the bill for my concussion.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
If you cut me off, or dont let me in, I will display quite a bit of anger in your direction.
Im anal about turn signals, I cant stand people who wont use their turn signals, and I often use mine on an empty road.
I totally relate!
The only thing is that I don't yell. I really don't see the point in yelling.
Waste of oxygen if you ask me.
It must be a ENTJ thing. lol:crazy:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Oh god, describes me exactly. :crazy:

Except I LIKE yelling. Feels good. My car's the only place I can do it...and only if I'm alone. Not great for my voice though, so I try to yell gently.

·
mafia mod
13,335 Posts
I borrowed this from my own thread in the spam section

Green means go. put your foot on the accelerator and move your butt
Red means stop, not slow down and look around, but stop.
Pick one lane, do not drive down the center of the lines.
Signal when you are changing lanes, cause I'm libel to give you some hand signals
You want to go ahead of me, go ahead and pass, just dont ride my tail. I dont want any car sex.

As for the parking spaces. Go ahead zoom down the lane and get stressed to get that "premier" parking space. For cryin out loud, its only a parking space.

And for those PerC folks who dont drive, consider yourselves blessed, very, very blessed.

Enough said

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have noticed quite a few habits that I have developed, and am wondering if its an ENTJ thing.

When driving:
Depends. If the douchebag goes up the shoulder or all the way up in the merge lane, when they can clearly see a traffic condition in order to just skip a few cars, shit no I won't let them in and may look, laugh and point.

Likely

Likely

Occasionally

Generally, no truer words have ever been spoken, but I have seen some that equal my prowess.

no

Yell - I used to a bunch more than I do now. Horn - no.

no

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Signal when you are changing lanes, cause I'm libel to give you some hand signals
You want to go ahead of me, go ahead and pass, just dont ride my tail. I dont want any car sex.

As for the parking spaces. Go ahead zoom down the lane and get stressed to get that "premier" parking space. For cryin out loud, its only a parking space.

And for those PerC folks who dont drive, consider yourselves blessed, very, very blessed.

Enough said
I forgot about the people who cant drive in one lane at one time :dry: very annoying.

·
Registered
648 Posts

Enough said
Ive been without a car for 3 years in Seattle.
I have to say there are times I miss it very much.
Cycling in the winter is incredibly shitty.
However it keeps me in relatively good shape (unless Im lazy and bussing it), but cycling is almost as frustrating as driving.
Basically, if you arent careful, be prepared to die.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I always wish my honda was an army tank so I could just run over people's car. I think this has a lot to do with driving in southern California.
wow...
umm I live in southern California too....
whatz up!:wink:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Road rage was a big issue for me back in my early twenties. In retrospect, it seems silly, for who appointed me sheriff? Today I see the big picture-- aggressive speeding for normal distances only shaves off a marginal amount of time, and getting angry with others just adds stress that may linger, especially throughout a workday. Why not plan ahead, leave enough time in advance, and have no worries? So today, I obey traffic laws, putting the world on iggy while filing everything else under "Not My Problem."

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Road rage was a big issue for me back in my early twenties. In retrospect, it seems silly, for who appointed me sheriff? Today I see the big picture-- aggressive speeding for normal distances only shaves off a marginal amount of time, and getting angry with others just adds stress that may linger, especially throughout a workday. Why not plan ahead, leave enough time in advance, and have no worries? So today, I obey traffic laws, putting the world on iggy while filing everything else under "Not My Problem."
I like speeding, even if im early. But I am always early, on account of I cant stand being late. And road rage makes me happy. somehow :p you pegged me with the age though :D

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
YES! To all of them.

My rules of the road: efficiency!

If you aren't an efficient driver, you are a <insert insult here>. I don't have road rage, but I do judge the intelligence of people rather quickly.

If we all drive intelligently, the world would be a better place.

·
Registered
232 Posts
This. I used to rage. Really hard. I still do if it amuses my passengers sometimes. Ultimately, raging is the most inefficient thing of all. So you get pissed, what does the other driver care?

So I just cruise, but I do consider people who let other people in in front of me the biggest assholes. Don't stop the traffic to satiate your self righteous behaviour. They can go when the road clears.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Heh, I've probably been yelled at by an ENTJ before when I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. Being from Seattle, the traffic here is pretty good except at rush hour when everyone starts speeding. A bunch of police cars come onto the highway, but they don't pull anyone over, it's kind of funny. But I think I'm a pretty safe driver and have only hit one bicyclist, but it was her fault.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have noticed quite a few habits that I have developed, and am
Me too.

LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts

When driving:

:laughing:I guess all are ENTJs'

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.