Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey 8s, I’m curious about your experiences with drugs. (Or your friend’s experience with drugs, who just happens to be an 8…..)

-What have you tried before, what have you liked, what have you disliked? Pot, downers, uppers, over-the-counter, psychedelics? Why did you like them/dislike them?
-Do you like certain drugs because they make you feel more powerful? More relaxed? Easier to be open and vulnerable?
-Do you dislike certain drugs because you lose control?
-Have you ever been addicted to something? Was it hard to admit? How easy is it for you to quit something? How do you quit it?
-If you’ve ever taken ecstasy/MDMA, how did it make you feel? More open? More caring? More expressive? Less angry? Easier to be vulnerable?
-Do you think it's a good idea to do drugs? Or just a bad idea?

Alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine included. :kitteh:

BONUS: What about sex on drugs? ;D Like it? Which ones do you like n why~~~

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Insanely sensitive to everything.. can barely have a cup of coffee or sugar. I am curious what others say.

Reactions: Animal

·
Registered
606 Posts
Ok, let's see here:

1. What have you tried before, what have you liked, what have you disliked? Pot, downers, uppers, over-the-counter, psychedelics? Why did you like them/dislike them?

A friend of mine [who happens to be an 8...] has tried marijuana, synthetic marijuana, alcohol, tobacco, mushrooms, vyvanse, adderall, oxycodone, hydrocodone, xanax, valium, soma, codeine, MDMA, and cocaine. Most of these SWIM hasn't done more than ten times. SWIM liked the uppers because they ironically calmed them down (even the cocaine, at least in low amount). Guess that means SWIM has ADHD. Marijuana, SWIM doesn't even really know why SWIM likes it, they just do. Downers are fine but SWIM doesn't enjoy them as much as uppers. Probably the best SWIM has ever felt was on codeine though. Mushrooms are probably SWIM's favorite drug of choice with marijuana being next. SWIM just loves the heightened sense perception and it also instills a sense of inner calm for SWIM combined with massive energy when SWIM starts to really peak. SWIM feels like they could run forever. SWIM had the worst experiences with synthetic marijuana (do not smoke this shit) and oxycodone (mainly because SWIM started on too high of a dose).

2. Do you like certain drugs because they make you feel more powerful? More relaxed? Easier to be open and vulnerable?

SWIM only feels more powerful when on cocaine. Fucking Scarface status. Oh and alcohol as well (when way too trashed). Yes, SWIM really likes the feeling except sometimes SWIM loses control and becomes twice the asshole they usually are. Amphetamines and marijuana probably make SWIM the most relaxed so SWIM generally likes these two the most. MDMA is probably the only drug that SWIM becomes more open and vulnerable though more so the former than the latter. Actually, maybe other drugs as well but this drug in particular has that effect.

3. Do you dislike certain drugs because you lose control?

Only drugs SWIM has lost complete control are alcohol and synthetic marijuana. SWIM likes alcohol too much though to dislike it for that. Synthetic marijuana on the other hand SWIM heavily dislikes and stays away from partially for that reason. Most drugs SWIM don't really make SWIM lose control.

Have you ever been addicted to something? Was it hard to admit? How easy is it for you to quit something? How do you quit it?

No, SWIM has never been addicted to anything (though was once diagnosed with cannabis dependence, which SWIM disagreed with). SWIM may be considered addicted to cigarettes actually but is in the process of quitting. Doing it cold turkey.

If you’ve ever taken ecstasy/MDMA, how did it make you feel? More open? More caring? More expressive? Less angry? Easier to be vulnerable?

Yes, SWIM has taken MDMA perhaps 10 times. SWIM thinks asking how it makes us feel is kind of stupid because MDMA releases serotonin from your brain so it's practically impossible not to feel anything other than overwhelming happiness/joy, unless it was not genuinely MDMA. Yes, SWIM becomes more open and caring towards other people, also a side effect of the drug (increased empathy). SWIM does become more expressive but more towards the opposite sex, which holds especially true for being more vulnerable (but doesn't let guard completely down).

6. Do you think it's a good idea to do drugs? Or just a bad idea?

SWIM thinks it's a bit ridiculous to say it's actually a good idea to do drugs. If SWIM had to choose between good or bad, SWIM would say bad but SWIM prefers not to judge it as either, instead saying SWIM doesn't really give a fuck if they're good or bad. They're fun and a worthwhile experience in SWIM's opinion but they're also self-destructive and SWIM has seen some fucked up people out there. Ultimately, SWIM says that if you do drugs, whatever, that's fine but if you don't, even better.

SWIM is still tentative on the 8 typing but feels content with it for now.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
-What have you tried before, what have you liked, what have you disliked?

I have tried alcohol, weed, shrooms, lsd, speed, 2C-B, benzos and MDMA.
I have liked them all except benzos because i never actually felt anything on them.

I can't say i really like any of them anymore. I mean i like the buzz of alcohol and weed, but i don't like the kind of person any sort of regular use turns me into. MDMA is probably the only substance i can say i have no mixed feelings about. That stuff is great. Altho that may change if i was to use it more, since i've only actually used it once.

I've dropped acid something like 5 or 6 times and shrooms i've had countless times. The acid was more recently and the shrooms were at least 3 years ago last time. Overall i must say i like it, i mean the experience is like nothing else, but i don't like the kind of person it tends to make me. Drugs like that set me off, they make me unable to function normally in society. Basically, they make me weird. At the moment i tend to not mind, but when i have not had any in a long period of time, like now, i see that they tend to do more harm than good to me. I am not saying nobody should try them, rather the contrary i think there are great things to learn from psychedelics, but that you should be careful and not make it a habit.

Speed is just dirty. Fun, but dirty. It is kind of too good mixed with alcohol. But it is just not worth it. I have done it a handful of times and i will never do it again.

2C-B is quite nice actually. It is one of those substances that i have to stay away from not because it has so many adverse effects, but just because i do not want to be a druggie.

Alcohol i consume semi regularly. I have used to be a very heavy imbiber, but not so anymore. I hate being hung over. Weed i really like, but i try to keep it down because it makes me stupid.

-Do you like certain drugs because they make you feel more powerful? More relaxed? Easier to be open and vulnerable?

No, i like them because of the sensations the provide, nothing else. I actually hate the fact that my mind is in any way altered, weird as that sounds.

No, i do not loose control. I just lower inhibitions.

-Have you ever been addicted to something? Was it hard to admit? How easy is it for you to quit something? How do you quit it?

No, not ever. I have had habits, but they have always been very easy to break. I broke my cigarette habit by simply forgetting to buy a new pack.

-If you’ve ever taken ecstasy/MDMA, how did it make you feel? More open? More caring? More expressive? Less angry? Easier to be vulnerable?

Yes. But i am always those things to the people really close to me anyways.

If you are disinclined to try, by all means don't. If you want to try you should but keep in mind that although all the propaganda you've heard is false you really could be better of not doing any at all. Keep it controlled, don't let it become a regular part of your life in any way. Being fucked up on drugs suck.

Never tried anything but fapping on speed and that was.... glorious.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
-What have you tried before, what have you liked, what have you disliked? Pot, downers, uppers, over-the-counter, psychedelics? Why did you like them/dislike them?

Acid, LSD, Mushrooms, Ecstasy, Marijuana, MDMA, Mystery Pills. Loved acid, LSD & mushrooms, despite having had many bad trips(no actually fucking terrible trips), but anything else is a waste of time. I wouldn't recommend psychedelics to everyone, but the rest of the drugs - stay away from!

-Do you like certain drugs because they make you feel more powerful? More relaxed? Easier to be open and vulnerable? Acid is a great drug because it exposes you to the strangest perspectives. It really does change your life. It is more an experience than a drug. Shamans across the ages used to trip on psychedelics & venture into the unknown. To me it as more of a doorway to the mind than a recreational drug.

This is probably the reason why I don't do drugs. hate the feeling of loosing control. I don't even get drunk when I drink, it's a pretty shitty feeling & bad things happen. It's a wonder I'm still alive & haven't been arrested. I'll never again

Yeah I was addicticted to drugs for an entire year(of art school), not sure what in specific I was addicted to since I would take anything that I could get my hands on, MDMA, LSD, weed, E, unidentifiable pills, whatever. At the time I was convinced reality was a construct of collective consciousness & that I would break out of it & float off into a nether dimension. I was losing my shit & eventually lost an art's degree. It took me several months to recover & then I had felt like a prisoner to the confine of a horrid nightmare reality & the feeling of oppression & anti-control sent me spiralling into severe depression for the second time in my life. I fought my way out with a job as a builder. It was a nightmare at first but I believed then that the pain & torment of having to get up two hours before sunrise to work like a slave in mud & rain in subzero temperatures in the winter for 12-17 hours a day would force a transformation, I was able to rise from the ashes & went from a scrawny psychedelic warrior to something of a survivalist. I was working like a slave & at times so hard I almost passed out. It forced me to my limits & I found a pleasure in the war to survive.

I will never return to drugs, but at the same time I thank them for changing my life.

Yeah ofcourse. It makes you want to move, makes you want to be open & free & let the universe take control & just merge with everything. It is possible to get bad vibes from both though, in which case it feels like you're riding electric currents & you become nauseous & start to shake & convulse. I've seen some scary shit happen to people on MDMA especially.

Yes & no. It depends on the person. If it weren't for my survival instincts I might've ended up differently. Some people lack motivation generally in life & the drugs will only heighten it & send them down the junkie road, some will get caught, other's will unravel or do things they regret. I was just lucky I guess. I wouldn't recommend drugs to anyone, but personally I feel that if I hadn't gotten involved I might've ended up allot differently.

I bartend for a living so alcohol is my job, I am also in charge of the espresso machine. I don't count either amongst drugs, unless you count television & skyrim & twinkies under drugs.

Don't think I could handle that. Never had sex on drugs because I had heard some weird fucking stories man. Probably wouldn't be too bad on ecstasy, but I would never do it on acid. Fuck that man. I thought going to the IMAX on acid was a good idea, that turned horribly wrong. Thought I was going to die at around 40 minutes into the film, not even sure how I managed to get out of the cinema. Although an orgy might not be too bad, I think it would be easier to manage an orgy than sex - on drugs.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
-What have you tried before,
I did a lot of acid for a few years. During one year [I'd call this the bottom of my disintegration] I rotated between downers, pot and opium; also tried coke, mushrooms, and ecstasy, but only a few times each; DMT and K just once. Then I stopped doing drugs except for a few rogue acid trips. A couple years after that I drank for 2 years (which I hadn't done before oddly enough), and then quit that altogether.

what have you liked, what have you disliked? Pot, downers, uppers, over-the-counter, psychedelics? Why did you like them/dislike them?
I love acid, I can ramble about it endlessly. The short answer for "why" is that it makes me vulnerable and I can see 'underneath' things. It exposes any problems within and brings them to surface so I must face them head-on and 'clean myself out'. Imagine taking everything out of your house and leaving it outside in a storm. You figure out what is really necessary, and what survived the storm, and carry those things back into your house and put them in the best possible spot, one at a time. After a trip you're fresh, and you've boiled yourself down to what's important and real. There is nothing extraneous.

I could see the veins underneath everything, so I understood music, myself, life, so much better. I felt I was part of the whole world. My hands blended into the grass blended into the tree blended into the crystalline sky. The trees had veins, and the wood breathed. Plants had a heartbeat. It united me with all things and in that process, showed me who and what I really am. It opened up so many doors in terms of capabilities and perception. It was humbling and empowering.

What I loved about acid is that it made me vulnerable. Because of that quality, it helped me to build up strength. I was forced to face my own vulnerability, exposing me naked to myself, and I was forced to deal with it.

Aside from my bad trip I have yet to really lose control. Yeah, I lose control on all my trips, or when I'm very drunk, but I'm capable of holding it together if I must. Half the fun is losing control and having the strength to embrace it =)

I drank half a bottle, roughly 50 hits of acid -bad shit happened, I blacked out for 7 hours, and wasn't myself for months. It was beyond frightening and soul-shattering and pure horror. Part of me wonders if that's what I was trying to do: push my limits to see how far I could go before I break?

Life may be a battle between my desire and my will, but my will always prevails. ;)

My body is very sensitive to changes and I have an "if it's not worth doing in excess it's not worth doing at all!" mentality which can translate to an addictive personality. But I have an iron will. Once I make a decision to do something I stick to it whether it's hard or not. I taper off if there are physical problems with "just quitting" but my M.O. is to just make a decision, set a date and stop. I usually set a date in the near future so I have time to "gear up" and on that date, I stop altogether. Then I endure the cravings until I stop wanting it. This gives me a sense of "I can beat this!" so I almost enjoy the fight in a strange way.

Not really, although sensually I was pretty turned on by the world. I'm not talking sexually either. I was turned on by running my hands slowly across a wall or feeling the tingle of the carpet as I moved my foot back and forth.

That is entirely up to each person. I think it's a good idea to listen to your body and follow your heart. If you have a purpose, such as , in my case, my creative work... the drugs regulate themselves. The things I live for eventually began to suffer from drugs, which is why I stopped. But as long as drugs were feeding that purpose by inspiring me and helping me to build strength, I wouldn't say it's bad.

I haven't even wanted to to drugs of any sort in six years. If I could live my life again, I might cut out drinking and downers - even though I didn't do nearly as much of that as acid - because that didn't help me grow. But I would not take back a single trip for the world. Not even the bad one. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I've been to the darkest, scariest, deadliest places in my psyche; looked it in the face, lived it, became it. There is only one direction to go from there: up.

Love coffee - I drink 2-3 cups a day. I don't drink any alcohol and I've never smoked a cigarette.

Sex on acid is pure animal. I am a primal, carnal animal. I mean.. I was absolutely nothing but an animal. I have no idea how else to describe this without getting graphic. It's so sub-human that it's transcendent. (If you don't know what I mean, see the movie Altered States.)

I've had sex on acid in the grass, on a mountain, in a lake, in the pool, in a bed. No matter what it is pure instinct, primal. All you are in that moment is sex.

Other drugs aren't that different than sober sex. The only ones I've done are pot and alcohol. I also take ambien as a prescription for years - I don't get high from it anymore, but sex feels pretty sweet on ambien. It makes things a little softer, slower, more sensual. Even if the sex is wild the sensualness is 'deep.' Every stroke counts.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have been a piss poor musician. Only alcohol. Ever. I know, nobody else believes me, either.

The control thing plays a huge part in it. At this point in my life it's as much a matter of pride in principle than anything. I've gone THIS far being able to say I'm Clean Guy, and I can't really imagine a drug giving me more overall long-term satisfaction than continued consistent integrity with regard to my Principle, here.

Maybe once I'm old and retired I'll just say fuck it and become a crackhead. I reserve my options.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts

I love booze. I will drink anything except jager and I get drunk on a glass of wine.. so I can't drink much it might kill me. During my divorce at 22 yrs old I lived on vodka. I am the crazy girl who plays with windchimes, gets in wrestling matches, bites and climbs on people to sleep. My brother in law is my chair whenever we are drinking and its innocent not a flirtatious thing.

caffeine-makes me insane hyper and my NE goes crazy and I talk and talk. So I only drink it around people I like.

nicotine-I have not smoked since Jan 2006 and I only did it once in awhile at parties to piss off my ex who banned me from it.

marijuana- twice. I hate it. I ate too many brownies and got very openly sexual on it in front of everyone. NEVER AGAIN. The second time I climbed a tree and would not come down..don't remember why.

ambien-makes me high and I start talking to imaginary beings and freaking people out.
vicodin/any pain meds.. same reaction.

even benedryl makes me a alittle screwy so I can't take it often.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts

Never tried anything but fapping on speed and that was.... glorious.
This made me laugh =P

Loved acid, LSD & mushrooms, despite having had many bad trips(no actually fucking terrible trips), but anything else is a waste of time. I wouldn't recommend psychedelics to everyone, but the rest of the drugs - stay away from!
I completely agree with this. I was tripping for a couple years before I did any other drugs, and it's only because I was in a bad place / disintegrated that I ever did. If I'm even close to sane, I would never consider any drug worth doing except acid.

Acid is a great drug because it exposes you to the strangest perspectives. It really does change your life. It is more an experience than a drug. Shamans across the ages used to trip on psychedelics & venture into the unknown. To me it as more of a doorway to the mind than a recreational drug.
Yes! :happy:

Insanely sensitive to everything.. can barely have a cup of coffee or sugar. I am curious what others say.
Oddly enough I'm pretty sensitive to things too. Drugs always hit me harder than anyone else, and yet I had more control than anyone else. It was like I was testing myself and I won? But my body chemistry itself is insanely sensitive.

marijuana- twice. I hate it.
I hate it too. I was doing acid for 3 years before I smoked pot, and at that point I had nothing but awesome trips. Not that I didn't go to dark places, but I loved it.. I loved all of it. With pot, it wasn't like that. I started shaking and convulsing etc. But the mindset I was in then, was: I WILL MASTER THIS. My 7w6 friend basically dared me to do it and then "talked me through it" which was nuts, I was known in my college AND my hometown as "acid fairy" and "acid doctor" and "guru" because I not only took well to acid but helped other people through bad trips; I had my phone on at all hours of the night in case anyone or anyone's friend needed me to pull them out of a bad trip. And trust me our acid was strong. Why did I need someone to hold my hand through pot?? Anyway.. I learned, and it was fun for a couple months, but then once I stopped, any time I did it after that I freaked out again. Brownies included - that was the worst.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Tried pot a few times, didn't like it it makes me complacent, and accepting of myself when I should be kicking my own ass. I enjoy alcohol, sometimes waayy too much, and I also drink a few pots of coffee every day.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I've only tried

Stimulants: Used them for a couple of years; but quit it. Got to have 2 at the same time, everyday. Completely mindblowing; you can feel your brain completely quiet, better reflexes and, it's like going on Overdrive.

Booze: Had a brief stint with booze a while back; however, after a massive drinking binge (completely blacked out for like 8 hours); decided to quit it. I can handle my liquor very well; but, I don't feel the need to drink in order to feel "happy and jolly" like I needed in the past. So, why bother? Also, I entered a new "Clean Regime" about a year ago.

Pot: Just a couple of times; but it didn't do anything.

So, that's it. Ta-da!

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
I don't like to be controlled by a substance. . I really need to sit down and come up with a plan for that. However, I drink lots and lots of coffee.
I don't like to be controlled by substances either. Mountain Dew is my coffee of choice...love the rush of caffeine. However, I do enjoy pushing the limits with alcohol ever once in a awhile to prove that I'm still in control regardless of how much I drink. :wink:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I don't like to be controlled by substances either. Mountain Dew is my coffee of choice...love the rush of caffeine. However, I do enjoy pushing the limits with alcohol ever once in a awhile to prove that I'm still in control regardless of how much I drink. :wink:
You obviously have never had enough to loose control. Everybody looses control at some point. You may be lucky and not do something stupid, but loose control you will.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
My biggest problem is that I more or less out-SP actual SPs if I let go. Most people think it's kind of weird since I tend to be extremely controlled all the time.

Reactions: Feathers Falling

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've never smoked or used drugs. I drink very little alcohol, which means a glass of red wine once a week. There's a chance that I might be addicted to caffeine, because sometimes I might drink more than 8 cups of coffee in one day (average consumption is 4 cups a day).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.