Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was just wondering, when you guys get drunk... do you relax and let loose or does your personality stay constant/ exaggerated? How does that work?

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I normally don't like drinking to the point of being full on wasted, but I normally feel more relaxed and/or tired, sometimes I also have shit coordination for the first 30 mins to an hour (depending on if I'm still drinking or not). I guess that can be exaggerated inferior Se? Haha. If I'm in a social situation (which I usually am if I'm drinking), it makes it easier for me to blend into conversations and not feel overstimulated and like I need an escape route, or like I'm from another species. lol. Sometimes my personality is exaggerated in that I can start talking about a deep or intellectual topic and get really into it, and not care so much if others are interested in what I'm saying.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I normally don't like drinking to the point of being full on wasted, but I normally feel more relaxed and/or tired, sometimes I also have shit coordination for the first 30 mins to an hour (depending on if I'm still drinking or not). If I'm in a social situation drinking makes it easier for me to blend into conversations and not feel overstimulated and like I need an escape route, or like I'm from another species. lol. Sometimes my personality is exaggerated in that I can start talking about a deep or intellectual topic and get really into it, and not care so much if others are interested in what I'm saying.
Thank you, that was actually very helpful:)

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Well I mean.. it was a bizarre question, I wasn't expecting much of a response;)
Guess I like bizarre questions then. The thread title caught my intention. Haha it's something I'm curious about myself. Maybe INTJ's with poor shadow integration are worried about becoming ESFP's :p I used to be paranoid that what I am so sure is my sexual preference would be revealed as a lie under the influence of alcohol. lol. Talked myself out of it with Te basically "that doesn't make much sense." Point is, I assume it's because of the extreme disconnect INTJ's with poor Se integration tend to have from their physical bodies.

·
Registered
147 Posts
This weekend, I had five drinks in about 2 hours, so I was a little tipsy. I tend to feel very tall, have less of a speech filter, and have no poker face whatsoever. I also, oddly enough, can shoot pool like a champion when I'm really, really drunk. I'm still pretty logical, and I can still make decisions. I know my limits so I don't blackout or do anything stupid.

·
MOTM Sept 2014
8,492 Posts
I get feisty and competitive. Especially with this one INTP friend of mine... We trash talk and rag on each other so harsh. I am actually feisty and competitive anyway, but alcohol just fuels that fire...

·
Registered
74 Posts
When I drink, I get drunk. And it partially removes that filter I have stopping my thoughts from making it into the world, which can be very good or very bad, depending on circumstance. I also get energized, as I'm finally able to slow down and give my brain a break.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
There are already a million threads on this. I've answered it a million minus one times. I'll answer it for the millionth.

So when I'm drunk I get really happy (so, not much changes), and I feel less inhibited to start conversations with people. But I by no means become outgoing. I still vastly prefer to listen, I just don't need others to initiate the conversation--I feel more free to do that on my own when on some form of substance (caffeine especially is great for this).

On caffeine I think I absolutely become extraverted. I'm an ENTJ on caffeine. I want everyone to move and work faster and get on my level and I want to control everything and lead and talk and ya

it's so weird being on caffeine. It's like a total 360 of my personality. Without it I prefer to just observe and I'm extremely calm and controlled, but on caffeine I'm like so go-go-go and unstoppable.

Caffeine is trippy.

edit:

When on caffeine I actively seek out stimulation and conversations and things to do. I can't just sit quietly when on caffeine. It drives me insane. I need to be hardcore participating. I totally think my Te and Ni switch places when on caffeine.

And caffeine tastes good, too :))) I get mine from black coffee. God it's like sweet nectar of the gods.

edit:

Sorry, back to alcohol. Alcohol, again, just makes me feel happy. And calm. And tired. It's honestly an awful substance. When I was underage I thought it was fun to consume because it was "bad" (as in ethically bad/illegal) and so I was inherently drawn to it. But now that I'm legal I don't see any point in consuming it. It's extremely unhealthy and not even that fun. Caffeine is way more fun.

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
I tend to filter what comes out of my mouth a lot less, I just care less about that. I laugh a lot more than usual. My inner goof/silliness tends to show a lot more easily and I think people who don't know me well tend to get extremely amused and a little surprised by that...they don't realize how un-serious I can really be haha Depends what is going on around me too.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I don't like the taste of alkohol. So I rarely drink it. The effect is just not worth the struggle afterwards.
But when I do, I still know what I'm doing and my legs would give up first, before I could do something stupid.
So I don't really accept the "I was drunk" excuses from others.
Even though I know the effects can be differt with different people.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I tend to get all happy go lucky. My cheeks get really red and I get all flirty. I'll flirt with everyone and everything and I have a comeback/retort for everything. When I'm in a relationship I subtly like to rev things up and turn the heat on. Whether it works I don't know, half the time I may be slurring and incomprehensible.

if I'm out with friends I'm just laughing and looking for stuff to laugh about.

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I drink, my verbal filters disappear and I start chatting random shit about things like unicorns, or how cool it would be if I were a pancake, my verbal perfectionism just isn't there anymore, I become very talkative and lively.
I also feel a sudden desire to cuddle with people, I become very touchy and see people as cuddly teddybears that I want to hug the fuck out of.
I become highly indifferent, I could rick roll the public with my amazing singing voice and not give a fuck, social rules fade too.
That if I become drunk in the first place, I tend to dissociate, become dizzy, then pass out, I never get drunk of liquor, vodka, rum and other strong booze, I get dizzy from beer, the only thing I can get classical drunk from is wine.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I'm a happy drunk. Also a loud one, unfortunately. I pretty much lose the ability to regulate the volume of my speech. Sometimes I'll just sit in the corner and spectate. Other times, I'll be the one dancing on the table. Depends on the crowd, my mood, etc.

While I'm definitely less inhibited, I'm still very much aware and in control of the choices I'm making.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
My male INTJ friends only drink more than usual with ppl they trust. Knowing the effect of alcohol they don't want to say something that can be used against them by people they don't have the trust level.

I've never known them getting drunk. They tend to be the least drunk in the room, never losing self control.

This is one of the reasons why I get along with them. We have the same relationship with drinking, never let the alcohol control us. Alcohol serves us for the intended purposes, not the other way around. We despite ppl who don't have self control and act silly in public. Alcohol is a major culprit to make ppl do foolish things.

·
Jaffa Master
7,575 Posts
I normally don't like drinking to the point of being full on wasted, but I normally feel more relaxed and/or tired, sometimes I also have shit coordination for the first 30 mins to an hour (depending on if I'm still drinking or not). I guess that can be exaggerated inferior Se? Haha. If I'm in a social situation (which I usually am if I'm drinking), it makes it easier for me to blend into conversations and not feel overstimulated and like I need an escape route, or like I'm from another species. lol. Sometimes my personality is exaggerated in that I can start talking about a deep or intellectual topic and get really into it, and not care so much if others are interested in what I'm saying.
I'm pretty much the same as this. When that buzz fades though it's like I instantly need to separate myself from the social situation. Is that similar for you?

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I'm pretty much the same as this. When that buzz fades though it's like I instantly need to separate myself from the social situation. Is that similar for you?
Yeah, I guess so. I think it happens gradually, and I feel that way eventually in most social situations even if I was enjoying it. So I haven't really thought about that. But there is more tiredness involved as opposed to pure boredom/being restless to be alone.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts