Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just arrived from my first Bassnectar concert. At first I thought I would hate it but as it turns out, enough illegal substances and even the most frigid of intp's can turn over to the dark(sf) side.

I now understand so much more about primal urges than I ever did before. For the intp guys, this is our scene. OK, I'm going to bed before I make any more of an ass of myself. Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
What do you mean "it's our scene"? You should expand your point about the experience you had.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean "it's our scene"? You should expand your point about the experience you had.

I went with these two girls that had a ticket and asked me to go about 3 days ago. When we got there, we all made plans to meet somewhere if we got lost and it's a good thing, because we all lost each other after about 20 minutes in the pit. At that point it was every man for himself until the end because no one had a means of communication (nor could we really operate one). I wound up just dancing in this group of hippy people and really had a good time. It was the weirdest thing though because the females would just come and dance with me and throw water on me and other shit. I was one of them, although we never exchanged names.

I guess our scene would be the one consisting of dj's and drugs. Not bands and bars.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I've been raving for the past year or so. It is rather fun.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I wound up just dancing in this group of hippy people and really had a good time. It was the weirdest thing though because the females would just come and dance with me and throw water on me and other shit. I was one of them, although we never exchanged names.

I guess our scene would be the one consisting of dj's and drugs. Not bands and bars.
I dunno about the DJ's but I could go for the drugs. I'm more of a band guy though. And I like alcohol.
I usually dance alone, though. Most times females danced with me, they tell me they're going to sit down. I never thought about that being an invitation, though. I was always having quite the time dancing with myself. I ain't got time to interpret your signals, woman. It's been ages since I've been to a club or bar, though.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I love Dubstep but I am very picky. Nothing Skrillex.

This for example is my thing:

@Arbite, listening to your Mixcloud. Nice shit.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Raving is fantastic especially if your organic chemistry to up to par so you can brew up goodies :p. MDMA+ rave gloves= entertainment for hours, on a side note being around a bunch of rolling woman is always fantastic too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I find the idea of trying MDMA both interesting and repellent. One one hand, I just want to know what it's like since it's apparently so different to my everyday experience, but on the other hand the idea of taking a substance that turns me into a touchy-feely extrovert feels, I don't know, threatening in some way. I have a sense that I'd end up being incredibly embarassed about it later on.

Of course, this hasn't exactly stopped me from drinking...

·
Registered
785 Posts
I find the idea of trying MDMA both interesting and repellent. One one hand, I just want to know what it's like since it's apparently so different to my everyday experience, but on the other hand the idea of taking a substance that turns me into a touchy-feely extrovert feels, I don't know, threatening in some way. I have a sense that I'd end up being incredibly embarassed about it later on. Of course, this hasn't exactly stopped me from drinking...
Your still yourself, just a more loving expression of yourself. IMO pure MDMA is safer then alcohol ( when consumed responsibly)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Raving is fantastic especially if your organic chemistry to up to par so you can brew up goodies :p. MDMA+ rave gloves= entertainment for hours, on a side note being around a bunch of rolling woman is always fantastic too.
Somebody brought the gloves last night. I never took them off once . They were the highlight of the evening, *hands* down :p

·
Registered
369 Posts
I generally like dubstep, and I especially like bassnectar as it happens. I'm not sure I like it enough to actually spend the time/money to go to a concert though. Punk rock concerts are more my scene, but I can still relate: at those concerts I completely lose inhibition, and it feels quite good. Granted, that could be the copious amounts of second-hand pot-smoke, but it could just be adrenaline. Either way, I run straight into the mosh pit and rock the fuck out, much to the surprise of pretty much anybody who knows me.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Somebody brought the gloves last night. I never took them off once . They were the highlight of the evening, *hands* down :p
Gloves are epic. Next time your getting a light show, have someone rub ice-cubes on your head while chewing big red gum and smelling vics vapor-rub. Its sensory overload you blow up so hard.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm not a dubstep fan but the concerts have been fun in the past when I've had the right drugs. I find the scene to be pretty amusing... it's a bunch of people promoting the "free love" thing, mainly because they're all on drugs. Take the drugs away and I bet you'd have a completely different situation.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'm not a dubstep fan but the concerts have been fun in the past when I've had the right drugs. I find the scene to be pretty amusing... it's a bunch of people promoting the "free love" thing, mainly because they're all on drugs. Take the drugs away and I bet you'd have a completely different situation.
Lol of course no drugs would cause rampage. I find it humorous how empathic everyone becomes on molly. At a pre-rave party once we took molly and had to wait to drive due to a crazy storm. My buddy was worried about his mother driving in the rain so he called her and caused a chain reaction. So here I am spinning poi watching 3 of my friends rolling face on the phone with their mothers lmao.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gloves are epic. Next time your getting a light show, have someone rub ice-cubes on your head while chewing big red gum and smelling vics vapor-rub. Its sensory overload you blow up so hard.

dude, I forgot about the vicks. i chewed some fruity gum with some vicks smeared and the occasional waterbottle shower. It blew my mind pretty hard. And yes @Minerva1, I'm sure without the social lube things would've been a lot different. It does have a way of knocking that first socially awkward wall down with a sledge hammer though.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I love dubstep. Probably way too much. Everything about it is pretty awesome.

I'm the same way about getting crazy at concerts. I went to a dubstep concert last summer with Skrillex, Rusko, Crystal Method, Nero, and Kascade and was ridiculous. Basically had an adrenaline rush the whole day.

I don't really understand why it's so trendy to hate on dubstep and Skrillex, etc. I mean I understand the whole European stuff is different or whatever, but I love all of it.

Pretty much every NT I know loves dubstep. I'd be interested in hearing people's theory on why NTs find it so appealing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I love the music, my favorites being Flux Pavillion and Modestep but I don't appreciate the whole rave concert scene. I always feel so awkward. I don't do drugs and I don't drink so maybe that has something to do with it...

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
I don't like dubstep. I don't like raves. I don't like going to concerts. I don't do drugs.

That is not my "scene". Just the thought of it all horrifies me, where it no doubt simply excites you.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts