Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the dumbest thing you've ever gotten emotional over?

For me: A toilet! :shocked:

·
Registered
531 Posts
I often get emotional over little things, like breaking a dish, losing a small item, or a finding a piece of food that's gone mouldy.

Also, when I see abandoned items in the street like broken umbrellas or someone's dropped sandwich, I feel really blue. Or books with torn pages in dumpsters. That always makes me sad. There's also something particularly sad about worn out, lost stuffed animals.

I've read that many INFPs personify inanimate objects, and I think I do this quite a lot.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I got sad over the fact that the "ideal" recommended match by Keirsey doesn't work for me. The way it is theoretically supposed to be is so easy, the attraction instantaneous and insatiable.... where is my ExFJ special connection, to share feelings with :sad::sad::sad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
There was a bug on the wall of my room at night.

I was afraid of this little creature, but I felt sorry for it not to be liked, it was not its fault if it scared me off. I did not want to drive Ernie out of my room (yes, I gave it a name), we are all living on this planet, so why would I chase it away ? Of course I couldn't kill it and I started crying thinking that some people would actually slaughter it and all of its family of little bugs without any scruple.

But I was still afraid and felt guilty because I was not able to spend the night with Ernie on my side, so I pulled the mattress out of my room and slept in the corridor, trying not to disturb my parents at 2 a.m, hoping Ernie would be fine and have great dreams on my wall...

(PS : Please excuse me if you find mistakes in my text, English is not my native language).

·
Registered
74 Posts
The absolute dumbest thing I got emotional over was a cupcake that fell on the floor. Truthfully, there were so many factors that triggered an emotional meltdown in me. Factors that triggered the heartfelt choked crying, the pressure in my chest, the breathlessness, the absolute and all encompassing frustration. To begin with, I had been eyeing the delicious chocolate cupcake for quite some time, just telling myself I needed to finish cleaning the dishes and THEN. My parents had chastised me earlier that day for being so clumsy and breaking my dish. I was stressed out the entire week leading up to this moment due to a series of personal failures and criticisms. So. I reached for the cupcake and my hand decided to awkwardly and unexpectedly just forget the meaning of proper body movement. I smacked it to the side, and my soul started to fall with it, suspended in the air. And when that cupcake fell, I imploded. Cried ALL I felt out.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
If I get emotional over something stupid, it is rarely about that thing. Rather, other things have been building within, and I've been trying to be above it, perhaps be "mature", but then a straw breaks the camel's back. In the end, this is positive, as it forces me to address the "real reasons."

Basically, I am often doing what I think I should do (aka trying to uphold my "higher values"), but then how I really feel may not be congruent with that (read: emotional desires), and reconciling these is something I usually aim to do; but if it seems irreconcilable, then I sometimes sacrifice my desires (which feels like "myself", aka martyrdom). Then I get angry about it, which comes out when I, say, miss the turn on a street or something.

It can be hard for me to put my finger on what it is that is really bothering me. It's often this invisible force in life that I "see" but cannot easily back up with anything.

I was leaving a parking lot once, but no exit would let me go the way I wanted to go. My friend joked that they always seem set up that way...and then I quipped that it was like a metaphor for life. When I get frustrated with little things, I may realize how much of it feels like a metaphor for a bigger issue. When things are going well in life and I don't feel some conflicting force, then the little things roll off my back a lot more.

I usually don't get sentimental about objects, so anything getting damaged or lost is gotten over pretty quickly, even if I am bummed for a moment because I liked it a lot or it seems like a waste. I am sure as a child I got upset over little things in a more literal way, because children have a very different perspective and context.

·
Edgelord
6,929 Posts
I got sad over the fact that the "ideal" recommended match by Keirsey doesn't work for me. The way it is theoretically supposed to be is so easy, the attraction instantaneous and insatiable.... where is my ExFJ special connection, to share feelings with :sad::sad::sad:
I'd rather be with another INFP, or an IxFJ to be honest. If it HAS to be an extrovert then ENFP!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Oh there are a myriad of things! A Ginsters steak slice, pizza, and there was one time where I full on ugly cried, because I couldn't open a box of Maltesers.

·
Registered
374 Posts
When I was 13 someone touched me when passing ( I can't remember if it was my shoulder or my torso) I didn't know who it was or what to do, I was feeling conflicted and confused and just started crying.
Another time was when I was 7 when I couldn't find my glasses after lunch in school. Turns out it was right underneath my chair, didn't stop me from feeling like an idiot for crying though. I was genuinely frightened out of my wits. That is kinda validated though, those glasses were expensive...

·
Banned
16,307 Posts
Christmas. Receiving gifts from my family. I feel guilty when people give me things. I straight up broke down one year and couldn't function. Just sat there on the floor crying and talking to nobody. Living in my head. Not eating. Pissing off people. Christmas is hard for me man.

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Dark Chocolate Snickers.

About 10(ish?) years ago when they first came out. For years I had been saying to anyone who would listen, "you know, Snickers would taste so much better if it was dark chocolate". I was obsessed with the idea.

Then one day Hubby and I pull into an AM/PM to get gas and he goes inside to get something to drink, and comes back to the car with a dark choco Snickers and says, "hey, look what I found". I lost it. Totally. Started shaking and hyperventilating like an idiot. Couldn't stop. Acted like a complete lunatic.

Hubby was laughing his ass off because I'm usually the person in the room who is calm and rational when everyone else is freaking out. The go-to person for sober reasoning unaffected by emotion or drama. And I lost my shit over a candy bar.

:laughing:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Dark Chocolate Snickers.

About 10(ish?) years ago when they first came out. For years I had been saying to anyone who would listen, "you know, Snickers would taste so much better if it was dark chocolate". I was obsessed with the idea.

Then one day Hubby and I pull into an AM/PM to get gas and he goes inside to get something to drink, and comes back to the car with a dark choco Snickers and says, "hey, look what I found". I lost it. Totally. Started shaking and hyperventilating like an idiot. Couldn't stop. Acted like a complete lunatic.

Hubby was laughing his ass off because I'm usually the person in the room who is calm and rational when everyone else is freaking out. The go-to person for sober reasoning unaffected by emotion or drama. And I lost my shit over a candy bar.

:laughing:
Haha! I had a similar episode with kitkat chunky peanut butter bar. Did it taste as good as you imagined?

1 - 20 of 111 Posts