Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm a brand new cafe-member (or whatever they call it) this is my first post.
I'm an ENTP (I don't like to put it in my profile, because some people will stereotype.), and I've been thinking a lot about the T - F dynamic.
As an ENTP, I do really like to talk about ideas and morals. After thinking about something by myself for a while, my extroversion kicks in and I decide I want to share it with my ENFP sister. She's a great listener, but every once and a while she'll lose interest or become irritated with me for discussing my idea with her. I guess ENTP's are known for being argue-y, but I've never intentionally argued with someone over something pointless. I've always tried to have a lively, healthy debate where I can improve on my ideas and they can improve on theirs. Maybe I can be a little too involved in my discussionsss? I've never had this problem with other T's...
Discuss the merits of debating with an F from a T standpoint. It's interesting how different people tick. :)

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Welcome!

I'm an ENTP (I don't like to put it in my profile, because some people will stereotype.)
Lol, ENTP stereotypes are awesome. Are you sure you are an ENTP?

ENFP sister. She's a great listener,
Really? are you sure she is an ENFP?

I've never intentionally argued with someone over something pointless.
Again... are you sure you are an ENTP?

Discuss the merits of debating with an F from a T standpoint.
Well, that really depends on the type.. NFs and SFJs and SFPs differ a lot. Arguing with an INFJ on a topic the INFJ has settled in his/her mind is pretty much the same thing as arguing with a tree bark. On the other hand doing the same with an ENFP, well.. there is no settled in truth for the ENFP, everything is dynamic.

Reactions: ENTP_Guy

·
Registered
237 Posts
Welcome!

Lol, ENTP stereotypes are awesome. Are you sure you are an ENTP?

Really? are you sure she is an ENFP?

Again... are you sure you are an ENTP?

Well, that really depends on the type.. NFs and SFJs and SFPs differ a lot. Arguing with an INFJ on a topic the INFJ has settled in his/her mind is pretty much the same thing as arguing with a tree bark. On the other hand doing the same with an ENFP, well.. there is no settled in truth for the ENFP, everything is dynamic.
Exactly, ENFP's typically love to explore possibilities and so they are usually energized by these kinds of conversations. Plus with that whole extrovert thing on top of that they'll talk your ear off if they can.

As far as the ENTP part, you should probably love to debate for the sake of debate. Unless you have a really developed feeling sense, too, in which case you may only want to debate topics that others will be willing to engage you with.

Anyway, NF's and NT's typically have good debates with each other because of that N they share which allows both of them to perceive things that S users can't. The NF will love the debate because they learn more about the other person, whereas the NT will love to debate with anyone who can keep up with them.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
One thing I noticed in thinker vs. feeler is when it comes to solving personal problems it seems thinkers are more logical and can analyze their problems and a possible solution better versus feelers seems to get caught more into the emotional reason of the current situation and wallow in that instead of trying to find a solution.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
ENTJ/INTJ vs NF is like carpet bombing ponyville.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
No merits in and of itself. Enjoyable if they have a relatively thick skin and are more interested in discussing than connecting and learning than avoiding offense.

I'd rather be called dramatic and irrational by an INTJ during an argument when it's true than worry about a near-meltdown because I didn't wallow in my feelings or watch my words so as not to disagree with someone's beliefs.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
ENTJ/INTJ vs NF is like carpet bombing ponyville.
LOL. My mom and my sister are INFP's. If I've ever carpet bombed half my family it woulda been nice for them to have once ever pointed it out to me. :dry: My sister seems to have much more of a spine for whatever reason (I would even say inaccurate test results are a possible explanation, but it could just be a generational thing.) My mom has always said while I was growing up I'd make a good lawyer because I love arguing so much (which isn't true, I don't argue for its own sake..and that typically has become it own point of argument..), my sister and I don't really "argue" but I find she's quite good at getting philosophical, but she definitely has to be interested in a topic or I just end up talking to myself. Generally my issue is they just get "boring" and I'll feel isolated after awhile as I'm the only NT in my family.

I tend not to bother starting anything with NF types outside my family... haha

INTJ-ENTJ dynamic I have found to be a good time, but I digress. ;)

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
As far as the ENTP part, you should probably love to debate for the sake of debate. Unless you have a really developed feeling sense, too, in which case you may only want to debate topics that others will be willing to engage you with.
Yeah, developed Fe will give you a warning in case people are touchy or/and not interested so you will not waste time on them. You must have someone worth arguing with if it is not for fun :)

·
Registered
685 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Reactions: yet another intj
1 - 13 of 13 Posts