• Not diagnosed, but I think I may be

Votes: 1 16.7%

Dyslexia - What MBTI Are You?

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Senah 
#1 ·
If you are dyslexic, what MBTI are you?

#4 ·
INFP.

It's served me really well. I had so much struggle reading when I was younger, but worked really hard through it. Now, I can read perfectly fine, but I'm very good at picking up on the details because I have to pay so much careful attention to the words. I have a few graduate degrees and have published academic articles. I've told very few people this, but overcoming dyslexia has been one of favourite accomplishments and I take a lot of pride in it.

#5 ·
@dlb I find this really interesting. I also am dyslexic and most people don't know this about me. I have several graduate degrees and do research, however to get to this stage it has involved me creating a habitual check/re-check response almost when reading and writing. I am much more careful than I think I would otherwise have been which helps me to succeed I think. When I am not working and being a bit lazy (reading for pleasure, traveling), my partner will notice that I have a name wrong of a character in a book or read road signs wrong.

Really interesting.

Reactions: dlb
#7 ·
Can you explain what you mean? I am assuming that those who didn't vote are not dyslexic. I am curious to see if dyslexia is over-represented among certain types. Obv. anecdotally:)

#8 ·
My ISTJ grandpa had dyslexia. He also had PTSD as a result of his service in the Korean War. Neither of those stopped him from becoming a brilliant engineer.

According to my research, dyslexia occurs when a lobe in the right brain handles tasks that are typically handled by the corresponding lobe in the left brain. Is that correct?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.