Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are there any dyslexic INTP's out there, or any INTP with a learning disorder? If so how did it affect your view on your own intelligence?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have problems writing. Not sure if it's dyslexia but often times my hand just doesn't move the way I want it to. I often sign my name with an "o" instead of and "a". It bugs the crap out of me because I want to redo it but it doesn't look good to have scribbled out sections all over your passport application.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Almost certainly. I don't have it personally, but I'd associate dyslexia with being a xxxP (we're supposed to be less language oriented) though I've seen J's diagnosed with it too.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Hmm
I have something worse than Dyslexia.

Is there a term for forgetting words in a sentence? ''I accidently a bottle''. Or accidently writing your real thoughts?

Once I was writing an essay about history and my friends we're discussing a 1 guy 1 jar video and I was listening while typing and I...

Reactions: BeBe and Tendency

·
Registered
619 Posts
^ That happens to me sometimes. It's common, I think. Happens to all of us.

I often put "A" instead of "I" in sentences like, "I am a girl." It's strange. I am not from the South, and yet I mix up A (pronounced ah) and I.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
^ That happens to me sometimes. It's common, I think. Happens to all of us.

I often put "A" instead of "I" in sentences like, "I am a girl." It's strange. I am not from the South, and yet I mix up A (pronounced ah) and I.
It seems to happen more often with INXP types

We do A and think B resulting in implementing B in our actions and messing up.

Is this working hypothesis correct?

·
Banned
2,116 Posts
I'm mildly dyslexic.

For serious.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I always mix up terms in math, which leads me to do shit even on tests even though I understand the principles and procedures very well.

It sometimes crushes my dreams of being a mathematician.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Don't think so.
Though I have 'forgotten', in multiple instances, how to spell very simple words (such as "are").

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm dysgraphic. It's basically the writing version of dyslexia. I can't hold a pencil right, can barely write legibly, mix up letters, etc. I can read perfectly (In fact, I read at a 12-grade level when I was only in 4th grade), but I can't write worth a damn. Which is why I don't take notes in class or show my work when I'm doing math. If I write it down, I'll mess it up.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I don't know about legit dyslexia, the only one I know is an ENFJ, but I don't think it's at all personality type dependent. I think s*** just happens. No worries, though. No one said you had to be a mathematician or author to be brilliant. You should still be quite capable of the abstract thought that will make you valuable. Now, excuse me while I go wash the "feely" off of me.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmm
I have something worse than Dyslexia.

Is there a term for forgetting words in a sentence? ''I accidently a bottle''. Or accidently writing your real thoughts?

Once I was writing an essay about history and my friends we're discussing a 1 guy 1 jar video and I was listening while typing and I...
Actually I know what you mean. I get all worked up talking and forget simple everyday words. So sometimes I have to think of the more complex version of the word and I sound like a pretentious dork. Dyslexic people have short term memory problems, so like me, I could never hold math equations in my head so math was very frustrating.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts