Personality Cafe banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
On second thought, I take back what I said about clarity, since I'm always correcting spelling/grammar.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
So, on that mini-survey, two of your answers match with INTP and two match with ENTP. Great.

Another question! Are you more likely to talk without thinking first or think first before talking? Do you feel like you always have your own filter that your thoughts must go through before you say them? Or do you talk and use others' feedback as a filter, taking back what you realize you didn't mean or wasn't right? Sorry if I don't make sense.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The NTP descriptions describe me quite well, but I once had a few F-ish tendencies... when I was little, I was sometimes impulsive and made a few choices based on my feelings, but only when I felt very angry or stressed. They were mostly about getting attention, and didn't ever turn out well. I could have become more logical as I grew older... but I still think that even when I was 5, 6, and 7 I was pretty ENTP, since I was always excited about science and learning in general. I also came up with quite a few crazy schemes and inventions.
As for the sensing thing, I highly doubt it. There have literally been times when I've been so busy thinking that I go downstairs with an intention to feed my cat, go back upstairs, and realize five minutes later what I forgot to do. :)
I'm not opposed to being a different type and I know that I won't fit into any category perfectly, but I still think that I'm pretty NTP-ish.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So, on that mini-survey, two of your answers match with INTP and two match with ENTP. Great.

Another question! Are you more likely to talk without thinking first or think first before talking? Do you feel like you always have your own filter that your thoughts must go through before you say them? Or do you talk and use others' feedback as a filter, taking back what you realize you didn't mean or wasn't right? Sorry if I don't make sense.
Haha. I knew something like that would happen. :)
As for your question, it really depends on the situation. There have been multiple times at school when I've had diarrhea of the mouth and have said things that turned out to be embarrassing and/or funny. :D
Still, at home and with my family, I prefer to think about what I say before it actually comes out of my mouth.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Do you notice if it changes depending on how long you've been around people or depending on who you're with?
Are you more likely to have diarrhea of the mouth after you've been around people for a while and are feeling energized, or do you get verbal diarrhea just from being comfortable and knowing that people won't judge you harshly for your thoughts? Or neither or both or it depends?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Do you notice if it changes depending on how long you've been around people or depending on who you're with?
Are you more likely to have diarrhea of the mouth after you've been around people for a while and are feeling energized, or do you get verbal diarrhea just from being comfortable and knowing that people won't judge you harshly for your thoughts? Or neither or both or it depends?
When I'm with another introvert, I usually talk more, esp. with my best friend, whom I mentioned early on is an INFJ.
Usually, school is the place where I feel most extroverted. I'm one of those weird teenagers who actually enjoys it. :) So, that's the place where I get diarrhea of the mouth most often, but it's weird because I behave differently in different classes.
English and literature are the classes where I'm most extroverted because my teachers are really easy-going and funny and those two classes are hysterical. I also enjoy them because I like the subject matter and love to write.
In science, I pay attention, but I'm a completely different person. I stay completely focused and I rely most heavily on logic (duh).
In math, my least favorite class, I tend to do things like reading and doing other homework instead of paying attention. (Probably because of my P instead of J... If I'm not interested, I prefer to do something else.)
I don't know if anything above really matters... Everyone else on here seems to know much more about this than I do, but I figure it's better to tell too much than too little.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts