Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching MBTI over the past week or so and decided to give my interpretation of what I've learned so far. So here is each type crammed into one single character. Obviously I know MBTI is deeper than that but hey ho - let me know what you think and if there's any you disagree with!

INFJ: The Lisa Simpson
- An activist who uses their intelligence and creativity to inspire others and fight for change. They will never stop worrying or caring until their is absolute peace in the world. Bit of Jesus complex. Willing to sacrifice their own well-being for the sake of others at times. Also know as The Daenerys or First Dumbledore.

INFP: The Edward Scissorhands - A romantic and troubled emo with a fragile heart. Wonders why everyone just can't get along. Creative and talented, but modest about it. Feels comfortable in the shadows. Also known as The Luna Lovegood or the Willow Rosenburg.

ISTJ: The Cogsworth - Like the little clock from Beauty & the Beast, ISTJs wouldn't know what do without rules and traditions. They silently follow orders and fulfil their daily duties without question. Always work before play. Honour is very important to them. Also known as The Javert or The Kocoum (dude who wanted to marry Pocahontas).

ISFJ: The Marge Simpson - Lives to support others. Extremely caring and unselfish. Often anxious. Usually good at mundane day-to-day tasks like cleaning and cooking etc. Wants everyone to get along and to have a stable environment. Also known as The Cinderella.

ENFJ: The Mufasa - Lives to guide and inspire people. Has good morals and tries to get others to do the 'right thing' by example (as opposed to just shouting at them). Would make a good teacher or mentor. Also known as The Frasier Crane or The Oprah.

ENFP: The Dory - A kook. They have a happy and quirky personality. Short-attention span. Likes shiny things. Very idealistic. Often seem like they're from another planet. Enjoys smiling and making others smile with them. Also known as The Phoebe Buffay.

ESTJ: The Regina George - Usually the boss of an organization or social circle. Extreme perfectionists. Can be quite intimidating. Their main goal is bringing order and structure to chaotic situations. Also known as The Joffrey or The Dolores Umbridge.

ESFJ: The Monica - A very 'motherly' vibe, even if they're male. Likes to help and accomodate others. A bit of a control freak, especially in social situations. Excellent organizational skills. People trust them and admire their loyalty. Also known as The Ned Flanders or The Molly Weasley.

INTJ: The Stewie Griffin - A sly mastermind. Life is like a chessboard to them. They're very clever, always planning ahead. Very secretive. They have the ability to manipulate situations. Want to become a master of whatever they choose. Also known as The Brain (Pinky's friend) or The Matilda Wormwood.

INTP: The Data: They are analysers of everything - They never stop thinking and like to pick things apart and see how they work. Unlike the INTJ, they will procrastinate and waste hours thinking about things that aren't useful to them - just because they enjoy it. Also known as The Donnie Darko or The Karl Pilkington.

ISTP: The James Dean - Independent. Like to experience things first hand. Act off of hunches. Casual and laid back personality. Generally give off a cool dude 'I don't care' vibe. Can come across as rude sometimes. Also known as The Kristen Stewart or The Arya Stark.

ISFP: The Harry Potter - The 'nice guy' or 'girl next door'. Easy to approach. Has a 'go with the flow' non-threatening attitude. Likes the simple things in life. Has an eye for seeing the beauty amongst the weeds. Also known as The Will Turner or The David Beckham.

ENTJ: The Margaret Thatcher - Power mad! Do whatever it takes to get ahead. Use their intelligence to manipulate situations like INTJ but are much more forceful with it. Also known as The Miss Trunchbull.

ENTP: The Doctor Who - An eccentric who lives by their own rules. Likes to experiment and challenge themselves. Loves a debate and uses their wit to outsmart others. Likes to toy with people for no other reason that its fun. Also known as The Joker or The Willy Wonka.

ESTP: The James Bond - A smooth operater. Cool and confident. The world is their playground. Give off this bad boy/bad girl/badass attitude. A bit cocky. Also known as The Bart Simpson.

ESFP: The Joey Tribbiani - Fun-loving and sensitive. Everyday is a party. They can't get enough of physical pleasures like sex and food. Good actors who adapt to each situation. Also known as The Homer Simpson or The Elle Woods.

·
Registered
280 Posts
INFJ: D
INFP: G
ENTP: A (You know what I'm talking about)
INTP: C

I won't bother typing out the rest. You get the joke. One character per personality type. Haha.

Life is a cesspool of misery. *huddles in fetal position in the corner, while sucking thumb*

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Have you even taken cognitive functions into account here, or are you just following stereotypes? Once again, the strong Si users get the short end of the stick in these things (If you don't know what I mean by Si user, you should just delete your list right now).

·
Banned
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you even taken cognitive functions into account here, or are you just following stereotypes? Once again, the strong Si users get the short end of the stick in these things (If you don't know what I mean by Si user, you should just delete your list right now).
I know what an Si user is. I am one. I know all about the cognitive functions. I clearly said these were stereotypes. It's just for fun. If you think you know better characters to represent each type I'd be happy to hear them! =)

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I know what an Si user is. I am one. I know all about the cognitive functions. I clearly said these were stereotypes. It's just for fun. If you think you know better characters to represent each type I'd be happy to hear them! =)
Neat.
The thing that bothers me the most is the looking down on the ISJs.

ISTJs wouldn't know what do without rules and traditions.
Someone who has studied the types should know this isn't true. Relating traditions to Si is nonsense, as many Si-doms have made clear.
They silently follow orders and fulfil their daily duties without question.
This pisses me off the most. This "They obey every command" kind of stuff. Always this henchman vibe around it, as if ISTJ are not leaders (while you should know their are a large amount of ISTJ leaders).

Usually good at mundane day-to-day tasks like cleaning and cooking etc.
Again, this derogatory attitude. "They do the chores we don't want to do!". It's like you are describing a housemaid. Everyone is 'good' at mundane tasks, because they require no skill.

I apologise for my biting attitude, but I've seen this so many times that I'm really getting tired of it.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Everyone is 'good' at mundane tasks, because they require no skill.
Umm.... *points to my INTP brother, good friend who is also an INTP, and my INTJ father*

Jokes aside, this list is pretty good. Humorous with still some accuracy. I like it.

Reactions: Ninjaws

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Umm.... *points to my INTP brother, good friend who is also an INTP, and my INTJ father*

Jokes aside, this list is pretty good. Humorous with still some accuracy. I like it.
The point is that if you give attributes like that to ISFJs, people will just consider themselves to be INFJs because they are not the stereotypical housewife. It defeats the purpose of lists like these.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.