Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this link really interesting about Narcissistic and Oedipal relationships with parents during childhood.

How Early Childhood Oedipal Narcissistic Development Affects Later Adult Intimacy and Relationships

I can see major parts of my upbringing described here, and yet they were both normal adults...it's fascinating to see below the surface and ponder the dynamics of some of their behaviours and their impact on my childhood.

I thought I'd post it up here so other people could read it too. It's long though, maybe ten pages or more. Enjoy!

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Well I just think the end Conclusion seems really obvious, transparent, and well actually a bit recycled. Most of what he discussed are obvious things which have been pointed out as sources for issues the last 20-25 years. All he is doing is recycling the data to support his reformed theory. Interestingly he cites theories cherry picking which actually in some of those theories there are things he left out which are seen as primitive and outdated largely but for sake of using the names to cite for notatiety anyways there as some parts in the other theories which cancel what he is trying to support. He just does not mention those obviously.

I just want to state I agree with conclusion about addressing almost all those methods. As I said that issue has been highlighted for a good quarter century now.

I don't like the part where it is very much used as a platform tho to promote the authors ideology. It's so transparent this author is a promoter for eastern Philosophy at least in many ways (but still references western when it supports their message). I am not saying I am entirely opposed to eastern philosophy or new aged suggestions. I am saying it's a form so I think people should be wise to take some perspective with enlightenment and consider some of the methods maybe avoid falling off the deep end with it tho. That is not balance or health either. It's just the other polarized version and end of the spectrum. His conclusion was basically to suggest that method. I am not opposed to that method I am just saying no one needs to buy the whole gallon they can just buy a quart. You can bite a chunk off you don't need to consume it all.

This author obviously has ties to that lifestyle and a bias and makes a living with it. I am sure they believe it.

I consider myself half zenny for the record but you will never see me fall off the deep end following the Manson minion like people around. Yes I deliberately compared extreme new aged eastern philosophy to a violent cults followers. Everyone likes candy. Scare tactics and appealing to trauma is a good way to get subscribers

I am not discouraging everyone from addressing previous tactics which issues have come to service. Or observing other methods. I am just saying no need to nose dive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts