Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Let me begin by saying I believe I am having a psychotic break of some kind. For a while now, I haven't been able to say words correctly(or at least I think) and I have been having insanely deep thoughts that I cannot describe into words. It's hard for me to explain, but it's as if I understand these crazy concepts perfectly but I cannot put it into words? I believe this to somehow be related to my semi-inability to put normal sentences into words. I also think that people think something is wrong with me and pretend to be my friend? My grammar has always been good, so I don't understand what the problem may be. Am I developing some kind of thought disorder? Is it just really bad anxiety? It took me a little while just to write this small paragraph when a couple years ago I could breeze though a paper.

These symptoms are also stronger when I am stoned and whenever I wake up? It goes away shortly after, but it has got me thinking lately.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
554 Posts
This is a perplexing conundrum that vexes you !

Is there any other symptoms you can describe ? are the symptoms chaotic ? Is there anything that you believe may have triggered this "psychotic break" ? Is your life style currently stressful ?

Well, that's all the questions I can think of right now, but as a thought for future reference, maybe it's a bad idea for you to get stoned.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a perplexing conundrum that vexes you !

Is there any other symptoms you can describe ? are the symptoms chaotic ? Is there anything that you believe may have triggered this "psychotic break" ? Is your life style currently stressful ?

Well, that's all the questions I can think of right now, but as a thought for future reference, maybe it's a bad idea for you to get stoned.
You're right. Being stoned and looking at your avatar is scaring me 0_0

Reactions: kareem and Judis

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
@Heyoka

I think you are probably experiencing some severe anxiety, or something of that nature, but I'm not a psychiatrist and I can't really say if you need to worry about psychosis with just these symptoms present.

Anxiety can make you feel absolutely insane, and can occur for any number of reasons, or no reason at all. I sometimes go through periods of time where I have difficulty forming sentences, too - Words just feel like alphabet soup in my head. During times like that, I also tend to feel very dream-like with that constant sensation of not knowing whether I actually said something out loud, or if I just thought it to myself.

I agree that being stoned (if you're talking about marijuana, that is) makes it one hundred times worse. I can't smoke at all if I'm in any irregular state of mind. It makes me way more conscious of all the symptoms, and causes me to worry more and more that something is wrong with me. If you toke frequently, I would recommend slowing down for a little while.

The thing that would worry me most is the paranoia about your friends. Becoming suspicious of others is cited as a warning sign for psychosis, but that doesn't mean it automatically indicates psychosis, either.

Honestly, I always despise the person who says this on a forum, but I'll be the one to do it this time. You really should speak with a doctor if these symptoms are concerning you. There is plenty of good insight here, but none of us can diagnose you. If you feel like you're in any danger at all, or that you could be dangerous to others, it is more than worth it to seek help. Much better to turn up at the office feeling like you might be on the edge of a breakdown, than wind up in the emergency room after totally losing it. I don't want to scare you, but it's the truth.

Good luck. In all likelihood, you are just fine, but try to visit a professional if the symptoms don't get better.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Heyoka

I think you are probably experiencing some severe anxiety, or something of that nature, but I'm not a psychiatrist and I can't really say if you need to worry about psychosis with just these symptoms present.

Anxiety can make you feel absolutely insane, and can occur for any number of reasons, or no reason at all. I sometimes go through periods of time where I have difficulty forming sentences, too - Words just feel like alphabet soup in my head. During times like that, I also tend to feel very dream-like with that constant sensation of not knowing whether I actually said something out loud, or if I just thought it to myself.

I agree that being stoned (if you're talking about marijuana, that is) makes it one hundred times worse. I can't smoke at all if I'm in any irregular state of mind. It makes me way more conscious of all the symptoms, and causes me to worry more and more that something is wrong with me. If you toke frequently, I would recommend slowing down for a little while.

The thing that would worry me most is the paranoia about your friends. Becoming suspicious of others is cited as a warning sign for psychosis, but that doesn't mean it automatically indicates psychosis, either.

Honestly, I always despise the person who says this on a forum, but I'll be the one to do it this time. You really should speak with a doctor if these symptoms are concerning you. There is plenty of good insight here, but none of us can diagnose you. If you feel like you're in any danger at all, or that you could be dangerous to others, it is more than worth it to seek help. Much better to turn up at the office feeling like you might be on the edge of a breakdown, than wind up in the emergency room after totally losing it. I don't want to scare you, but it's the truth.

Good luck. In all likelihood, you are just fine, but try to visit a professional if the symptoms don't get better.
I brought this up a few times with my mom and she insists it is just anxiety, which is what it probably is in all likelyhood, but you never know. The "suspicious of others" thing could also originate from my paranoia... so idk. I always like to try to take a logical approach to make sure I am not over thinking things like I tend to do.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I always like to try to take a logical approach to make sure I am not over thinking things like I tend to do.
I peeked at your type. This is anecdotal (and not a substitute for medical advice, yadda yadda) but I've been with my INTP for six years and I can say with certainty that in times of high stress, he finds himself with the same problems. I can tell when he's going through a hard time because he starts phrasing things differently, and he says he has a hard time finding words. I think it's Ti getting mucked up. He also gets paranoid and thinks everyone is manipulating him, and reacts very badly to advice because he suspects people are giving him advice with their own interests in mind.

Introverted Thinking is a barrel o'fun. ;)

Again, just because my SO does something and he's not psychotic, is not a proper diagnosis for you. But when I read your last comment, I wondered if you were an INTP, and there it was.

100 Posts
I wonder if one can go insane from worrying about going insane? Just try not to worry too much about it and relax.

I'd suggest seeing a psychologist if you feel that badly about your slips in your train of thought. But I don't think it's psychosis, I think it's just you being stressed or anxious. As I said before, worrying makes it worse.

And maybe lay off on the drugs, too. Don't touch them if you don't know full well what they could do to your brain.

Reactions: Heyoka

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I peeked at your type. This is anecdotal (and not a substitute for medical advice, yadda yadda) but I've been with my INTP for six years and I can say with certainty that in times of high stress, he finds himself with the same problems. I can tell when he's going through a hard time because he starts phrasing things differently, and he says he has a hard time finding words. I think it's Ti getting mucked up. He also gets paranoid and thinks everyone is manipulating him, and reacts very badly to advice because he suspects people are giving him advice with their own interests in mind.

Introverted Thinking is a barrel o'fun. ;)

Again, just because my SO does something and he's not psychotic, is not a proper diagnosis for you. But when I read your last comment, I wondered if you were an INTP, and there it was.
I have calmed down a bit since I posted this, but reading this comment gave me even slighter ease. I am seeing a psychologist for my stress but he hasn't remarked negatively about my behavior so I think I'm in the clear :p

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Hello.

Let me begin by saying I believe I am having a psychotic break of some kind. For a while now, I haven't been able to say words correctly(or at least I think) and I have been having insanely deep thoughts that I cannot describe into words. It's hard for me to explain, but it's as if I understand these crazy concepts perfectly but I cannot put it into words? I believe this to somehow be related to my semi-inability to put normal sentences into words. I also think that people think something is wrong with me and pretend to be my friend? My grammar has always been good, so I don't understand what the problem may be. Am I developing some kind of thought disorder? Is it just really bad anxiety? It took me a little while just to write this small paragraph when a couple years ago I could breeze though a paper.

These symptoms are also stronger when I am stoned and whenever I wake up? It goes away shortly after, but it has got me thinking lately.

Thoughts?
You can't say words correctly? But nobody notices? So you are just having problems interfacing with your social context, I think. Maybe your brain REALLY wants to tell you something and you need to sort it out before you can move on- I get like that sometimes, but I don't know if it lasts as long as it has for you.

·
Registered
994 Posts
if you know youre psychotic you arent. psychosis only ounts if you think youre right and everyone else is wrong, and others think youre nuts
Somewhat true, but its not that simple IMO. You can experience the symptoms of psyhcosis without it being chronic as in the case of someone who isnt aware they are psychotic. In any case, acknowledging you have a problem is the first step in getting better and the OP seems to be on the right path in that regard.

But in response to the OP, Im not a psychologist and cant diagnose you, but you probably should get help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts