Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like as an INFP i've always been able to get away witrh things easier than others
especially when I was in school I would skip classes every single day and NEVER get in trouble
I remember in tenth grade I had one teacher whom I never went to class for tell me "how are you? you've been sick a lot and I know your not the type to skip class,are you doing alright?"

They automatically always assume I'm this innocent girl that woould never do anything to get in trouble
I mean I've even had the vice principal back in high school RIP UP a refferall for something I did in fact do! she tossed it right in the trash in front of me.

It's happened in real life too,I've ditched days of work before and they assumed it was for a good reason since i'm "not the type" does lounging all day having a movie marathon count as a good reason? haha

Anyone else feel the same?

also sometimes it does bug me but most of the time it's like MUHAHAH lol

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
this sorta happens to me. i think it's because i appear(and am)genuinly sorry for it, i'll be quick to fess up to things and take the blame and i'm alwasy respectful in the face of true accusations. if i were to lie or become deffensive like many people do i'd likely get in more trouble

·
Registered
168 Posts
Depends on who it is. Parents, not a chance. School, easy. Work, never had it. -as far as school goes though, it was my ENFP pal who spearheded everything.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
All the time,

One case myself and an entire group of friends got in trouble for something, they all got detention for a month, but I got detention for a day. The teacher said they must of been a bad influence on me and that I should be careful around them.

Another time was when I got busted for plagiarism in University (not necessarily intentional per-se, but overly care-free). This wasn't a few words i didn't cite, but rather entire posters I found randomly and used as "background" during a presentation. Teachers are required to report this, but I got off scott free with just a chat.

Ironically another case was when a group of friends trashed a school and the cops got called. I wasn't involved directly, but kinda stood to the side. I urged the guys to leave as i'm sure someone would have reported it by then and they followed me. We were later stopped by police (rather close to the scene of the crime) and it's funny that the guys with me looked totally shady (leather jackets, shaved heads, rough appearance), but not me whatsoever. Nonetheless, cops let us off very quickly to go look for whomever did it. I truly believe it's because of me (appearance and personality). It amuses me since i'm going into policing.

Reactions: Calvaire

·
Banned
40 Posts
Calvaire, I'm with you on this! I hope I'm not stereotyping here but INFPS tend to give off a certain vibe... an air of innocence. Really helps them to get away with all sorts of crap. =) I think for the more social INFPs, they learn to use this to their advantage and they develop a really disarming charm that puts people at ease with them in a short amount of time.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I was just thinking about this. I got away with a lot of stuff when I was a kid, especially in school. My mom used to let me stay home a lot because I a good kid. If I missed the bus she would just say stay home or she would let me play hooky with her when she didn't want to go to work. I also remember when I got my first F and I remember my mom talking about how much trouble I would get in if I ever got an F so I started crying when I showed it to her. She wasn't mad at all and just let it slide.

My teachers gave me a lot of second chances with things too because I was very well behaved and didn't cause trouble. My Spanish teacher let me pass with a B the whole school year, though I'm not sure if I really did B work, but I did try enough and I didn't make fun of her every 5 minutes like everyone else did.

Also happened when I was working and I decided to take a day off because I hated working on Saturday. When I came in the next day they were very concerned about me and they thought I still felt sick (because I kept my head down half the time) so they let me go home early.

·
Premium Member
15,541 Posts
Not a friggin chance. I have to walk the straight and narrow because I always feel I'll get caught OR my mind gets at me and makes me feel bad. Not. Worth. It. to me at least.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I know EXACTLY what you mean. People get the impression I'm so innocent or organized that in school I hardly get in trouble. My teachers have a lot of unearned respect for me and I don't know where it comes from seeing as I produce good grades, but I don't go ABOVE and BEYOND. Also, at work I get away with slacking too. I don't know why....people never get angry with me at school and work. At work people think I'm too much of an airhead to be bothered and at school they think I'm too much of a nerd to fuck up. Oh dear.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Oh my gosh, I'm jealous. I wish I were like you :p
Whenever there's a problem I always look guilty even when I'm not, because I'm constantly worried that somehow I DID do something wrong.

Nope. I don't get away with anything. ESPECIALLY when it comes to my parents.
IN FACT, I get in to trouble for things I haven't even done... A lot actually. What's up with that?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I got away with too much probably. I was 'the good kid' for a long time, so no one worried much about me, and then when that stopped, I was able to talk my way out of most things. It got to a point where I was quite manipulative.

I won't lie and say I don't do it any longer, but I do try to be aware of it and avoid it. To this day though, I don't really ever fear terrible repercussions as I generally expect that I can get away with things.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I got away with a lot in school and other things simply because they thought I looked innocent, But they eventually fount out that I could be cheeky. :tongue:

·
Registered
20 Posts
This happens to me very regularly, its pretty much the reasoning behind my current life and everything that has happened to me. For whatever reason I would always get away with leaving campus in high school as I pleased, and even the 2 years of college I attended were just as easy in terms of excuses for late assignments, missing tests etc. I was also one of those kids in high school who cheated on almost everything so I could get at least a "B" in every subject and never got in trouble for it. I've also been pulled over about 10 times and have received only 3 tickets when each time I thought I was doomed. I love it im sorry :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had a teacher once apologize to me for confronting me about skipping her class in high school. I do feel bad about that kind of stuff, so I try to keep my charm for emergency use only. It actually got me out of drug charges the 1st time I got arrested with pot (unfortunately not the 2nd time, so it's not bullet proof).

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I was a good kid but I did rather often test the boundaries of a system, and always get away with it, simply by being good at being liked by authority figures and peers alike. I never understood why I was so liked or anything, but it was useful.

Reactions: SenhorFrio

·
Registered
65 Posts
Haha! I've been pulled over two times for speeding, both times, the cop was like "can I see your ID and registration?" And I was like "Here's my ID, but you might have to help me with registration, I don't know what it looks like..." And after seeing my goofy smile on my ID, and obvious lack of knowing what to do when being pulled over, they asked me where I was heading to, and I was just like "I'm lost, I just want to go home!" in a scared like voice, and BOTH TIMES they let me off with a warning.

The same scenario, twice! With different cops, each time. What are the chances of that happening??

Advantage of being an INFP? I think so. ;)

I try not to misuse this power though. =P

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Well, yes and no. It doesn't work too much with family, probably because they know me better than that. With teachers and such, though... Yeah. A lot. I can get away with being late, turning in late work, skipping assignments. It's rather nice, but I always feel bad about it, like I'm letting them (or myself, or my parents) down.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes I really feel this, it's like I can get away with murder at times, I can't explain it but it's like they seem to know that I'm not really bound by the same rules as other people and they know I don't mean any harm by my actions. I'm not saying it's a good thing but it does seem to work that way!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I only got 60% in grade 11 chemistry, the teacher said it was probaly due to the other kids in the class being too loud! I just didn't study!

In my Jr. High, the school was getting rid of old text books so they had then all stacked up in a room waiting to be taken away. My friends and I snuck in one day and knocked all of the books down, the incident was recorded on camera; all of my friends got detention while I got a warning.

There are were few other cases where my friends got into trouble while I didn't!

·
Registered
228 Posts
lol yeah ive gotten away with lots of things. but i never broke my own code. i can deal with some type of authority figure angry with me. but if im angry with myself than thats another story. i was a bit of a troublemaker in school but i was always respectful with my teachers. they knew i was unmotivated and after awhile it was a joke between us. my principal and i got along well. when i didnt go to class, and i'd get a detention slip, i wouldnt go. and again after awhile it was a joke between my principal and i. ive had some fun times :laughing:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Haha ohhhh yeah. Just give them the dreamy little doe-eyed smile and you're golden.

I should really learn to use my powers for good, and not evil.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts