Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am easily envious of others, usually people who can do better than me in school, those who are more disciplined than me, and those who have study skills like making index cards etc. I'm an INFJ type. What's the cure?

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Maybe it is the good type of jealousy that pushes you forward? Or do you like pray for their deaths?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe it is the good type of jealousy that pushes you forward? Or do you like pray for their deaths?
I think more of the latter...but not literally of course. It does push me forward, but I don't think I have the capabilities. It's just been bugging me.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Accept it! It's perfectly normal to be jealous. You can even express it to yourself in someway, either through talking to yourself ("conscience complaining," said Karla Mclaren, a published empath) or keeping a journal. Just don't do it front of people you're jealous of because that's not socially acceptable (whatever that means) and they'll keep their distance from you forever. When you express your jealousy, you'll easily see it's not that big of a deal. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
When I'm jealous, it's usually in the same way that you are -- i.e. I envy those who are naturally capable and skilled at things I am just not good at. So essentially, it's just wasted energy. My logic is that everyone has natural strengths and weaknesses, and while the person I'm envying might be great at something I'm horrible at, I'm probably great at something they're horrible at. It's just human nature-- we can't be great at everything.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It's human nature. I think that the more you accept yourself, and your strengths and skills, the easier it will be.

·
Registered
707 Posts
You're a feeler. I think it's more likely that you'd get jealous as a feeler than a thinker. Instead of being jealous, I channel my desires into tangible goals. Instead of stewing about what other people have that you don't, think about ways to better yourself. But sooner or later you're going to have to accept the fact that there's always going to be people who are "better" than you. Find a way to get over it.

As far as the whole people hating thing goes, if you believe in God, pray for them. Pray that God blesses them. It's a humbling experience and it will help you to be more accepting that if you can "love" them, you can love yourself too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts