Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,463 Posts
Yes, there is a lot more research available now and indeed points that dietary cholesterol from eggs is not as important as previously thought. That doesn't mean it has no effect at all, but everything we eat gets metabolized/re purposed so things are a little more complex. The best thing to do is to monitor one's health and adjust accordingly really.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I am horrified; I thought eggs were some kind of crazy good source of protein and you were meant to eat as many as possible?!

It says a healthy person can eat 5+ but I am probably not a healthy person. This is the WORST

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,463 Posts
I am horrified; I thought eggs were some kind of crazy good source of protein and you were meant to eat as many as possible?!

It says a healthy person can eat 5+ but I am probably not a healthy person. This is the WORST
You can eat as many egg whites as you want for protein, but the yolks do have fat and cholesterol in so some restraint is advisable there.

·
Registered
897 Posts
You can eat as many egg whites as you want for protein, but the yolks do have fat and cholesterol in so some restraint is advisable there.
Egg whites are so bland though??? I literally eat eggs FOR the delicious yolk! My life is over.

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,463 Posts
Egg whites are so bland though??? I literally eat eggs FOR the delicious yolk! My life is over.
I know, I don't get how people can make white omelettes with 5 egg whites and stuff.
Just do a check up and see if your cholesterol and triglycerides are at good levels, that's an indication that your body is working well when it comes to this thing. High consumption of simple carbs can mess with these markers too, so keep that in mind as well.

·
Registered
ISFJ
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it probably depends on your personal metabolism too. i know a guy who would eat like ten whole eggs in a sitting and not gain weight or get bad cholesterol readings. if i ate ten eggs in a sitting regularly i'd probably gain 5 pounds and have a heart attack. https://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/cardiovascular/cholesterol/how-the-body-uses-cholesterol.htm
this article says it has something to do with your liver too and how it functions. if you are eating lots of eggs and feel good and your physical readings are okay who knows, maybe your body needs them.

5,146 Posts
It was known, like decades ago. Doctor Kwaśniewski was writing about it. Basically, the thing is that if you eat simple carbs with yolks, the carbs get converted to body fat and bad cholesterol.

I eat, like 6 yolks a day and get good blood results.

Choline from yolks is very important for mental health:
https://www.verywell.com/choline-food-for-thought-2242211

I got severe anxiety during times when I was eating 3 whole eggs instead one whole egg and several yolks for breakfast to save money.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You should eat eggs sprinkled with Johnny's seasoning salt, or whatever seasoning salt you prefer. Usually for meat, but boy does it improve the quality of eggs.

Yum, yum.

Reactions: Penny
1 - 11 of 11 Posts