Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people think he's some sort of INXX. I'm curious as to what all of you guys think.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I also think he is an INFP. I have seen Edgar Allan Poe being typed as INTP, but his writing and works are nothing like the works of NT's (like Stephen King, for example). I also don't see the weirdness of INxJ writing in his works, so I wouldn't entertain INFJ or INTJ as potential types for the late author.

Nevermore~

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,731 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I also think he is an INFP. I have seen Edgar Allan Poe being typed as INTP, but his writing and works are nothing like the works of NT's (like Stephen King, for example). I also don't see the weirdness of INxJ writing in his works, so I wouldn't entertain INFJ or INTJ as potential types for the late author.

This is an interesting way of putting it, mainly because I would expect INxPs to write the weird stuff. Poe clearly was P in how he lived his life, I don't think anyone's going to disagree with that. Being INFP doesn't necessitate the written equivalent of an acid trip. But I feel like there is a certain limit that most J's will sort of reach where they see getting even more twisted as sort of a pointless endeavor (possibly attributable to Je?). So wouldn't the truly bizarre also be mainly NPs? I feel there are ENxPs that do this too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've just read "The Imp of Perverse" and it's got a really Ti- Fe/ Fe- Ti vibe. I don't get Fi- Te axis from him at all.

He finds comfort in describing general human nature, disregarding individual traits, which is something no INFP would do. He questions the good in people and believes everyone's got a violent urge to do evil for the sake of evil itself. This could be either Ti (INTP) or Ni (INxJ) and sound like something INFJ LOVE, hovewer his writing style is super- descriptive, INTP- like.

I can't believe the general consensus is INFP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Infp writers can be very descriptive (and objective, they tend to see diferent sides of the same situation/thing)... They have Ne and Si so there's a big capacity to interconect data, and if you add the tendency to imagination and creativity, it doesn't surprise me that they can make a very complex fictional world. But also i don't think that judging the mbti of a writer based on their work it's very accurate, when you write there's all of your cognitive functions working, you get so into that world that you tend to use your inferior functions too.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,862 Posts
Most people think he's some sort of INXX. I'm curious as to what all of you guys think.
I've read INxP (some say INTP and some INFP).

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,415 Posts
INxP makes the most sense because he was sorta the first famous edgelord and everyone knows edgelord is synonymous with INxPs ^_^ I'm thinking specifically INFP because of the whole goth style.

I would not exclude him being ISxP either, less likely but still on the table.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts