Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Keirsey people are gravitating toward ISTP for him. I could see that or possibly INTP.

Picking up major Enneagram Six w/balanced wing vibes from him, too.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Throwing in INFJ for the mix, but I'd take out ITP

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
He definitely has Fe and Ti. He wanted to fight in Iraq because he "felt like he had an obligation to humanity to free these people from oppression." Propaganda, but that was his thought process. He was also highly principled for leaking everything in the name of the constitution. I believe he had some job as an IT expert or something to do with computer science. Interest in logical, structured systems. Screams Ti/Fe for me.

I'll say ISTP or INTP. He was also very interested in Chinese and Japanese culture, and worked for a Japanese anime company at one point apparently. He also lists his religion as Buddhist.

I kind of like him.

Reactions: tangosthenes

·
11,928 Posts
He definitely has Fe and Ti. He wanted to fight in Iraq because he "felt like he had an obligation to humanity to free these people from oppression." Propaganda, but that was his thought process. He was also highly principled for leaking everything in the name of the constitution. I believe he had some job as an IT expert or something to do with computer science. Interest in logical, structured systems. Screams Ti/Fe for me.

I'll say ISTP or INTP. He was also very interested in Chinese and Japanese culture, and worked for a Japanese anime company at one point apparently. He also lists his religion as Buddhist.

I kind of like him.
Why not IxFJ? He seems like he's heavily driven by feelerish principles and ITPs are feeling last

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Why not IxFJ? He seems like he's heavily driven by feelerish principles and ITPs are feeling last
I don't think you understand dominant/inferior and auxiliary/tertiary loops.

The inferior is the second most salient function in the psyche. It subconsciously drives the user. The user needs it, but is sensitive to it. So feeling "last" is entirely plausible, and he shows Ti/Fe at that. (Maybe Fe/Ti; thinking "last," but due to his career choice, I'm thinking Ti dominant, unless people have described his as being quite extroverted)

I think it's also likely by the recent decisions he's made in his life and the reasoning behind them, along with the past ones, that his dominant/inferior is 'rational' (or judging). I see no evidence of Pi dominance.

I could also see Fi/Te (ISFP or INFP), but I don't see any evidence of Te/Fi, though we don't really have all the facts about his life.

Reactions: Helios

·
Faceless
7,169 Posts
Ji leading type. Probably Ni-Se over Si-Ne. Probably some superego type for core in enneagram-- 6 over 1 imo, and so/sp.

·
11,928 Posts
I don't think you understand dominant/inferior and auxiliary/tertiary loops.

The inferior is the second most salient function in the psyche. It subconsciously drives the user. The user needs it, but is sensitive to it. So feeling "last" is entirely plausible, and he shows Ti/Fe at that. (Maybe Fe/Ti; thinking "last," but due to his career choice, I'm thinking Ti dominant, unless people have described his as being quite extroverted)

I think it's also likely by the recent decisions he's made in his life and the reasoning behind them, along with the past ones, that his dominant/inferior is 'rational' (or judging). I see no evidence of Pi dominance.

I could also see Fi/Te (ISFP or INFP), but I don't see any evidence of Te/Fi, though we don't really have all the facts about his life.
His feeling drive isn't subconscious at all, though. And I've also seen IFJs on here who have very technical professions and enjoy them and do quite fine with them

What decisions?

·
11,928 Posts
In IxxPs, I think the inferior mostly results in either rebellion or avoidance/weakness like at the lowest of lows, the only way they can even make sense of the world is from their Ji perspective
and the Je one is an intimidating puzzle, but yes, that they deep down are trying to understand

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
His feeling drive isn't subconscious at all, though. And I've also seen IFJs on here who have very technical professions and enjoy them and do quite fine with them

What decisions?
Him completely sacrificing his career and probably life in the name of what he thought was right. Those decisions.

It's plausible, but based on the little information we have my guess was Ti/Fe dom/inferior. You really can't type someone unless you know them at a personal level, and closely at that. Enough to be familiar with their thought process. So I don't know.

Reactions: DJeter

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
In IxxPs, I think the inferior mostly results in either rebellion or avoidance/weakness like at the lowest of lows, the only way they can even make sense of the world is from their Ji perspective
and the Je one is an intimidating puzzle, but yes, that they deep down are trying to understand
elaborate?

·
Registered
120 Posts
He definitely has Fe and Ti. He wanted to fight in Iraq because he "felt like he had an obligation to humanity to free these people from oppression."
Couldn't that also be Ni-Fi? The Ni being oppression is wrong and the Fi being "his" duty to save them? According to Greenwald he said that he was waiting for a "leader" to step in and solve the problems at the NSA but then did it himself because a "true leader" (ie Snowden) starts it himself.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Couldn't that also be Ni-Fi? The Ni being oppression is wrong and the Fi being "his" duty to save them? According to Greenwald he said that he was waiting for a "leader" to step in and solve the problems at the NSA but then did it himself because a "true leader" (ie Snowden) starts it himself.
Ni is a perceiving function. It does not make judgments or assertions. Ni in a psyche cannot be the cause of the user concluding "oppression is wrong."

Here's a purely analogical way to look at this.

You put your hand on a hot stove and jerk it away.
Perception (or 'irrational' as described by Jung) says the stove is hot
Judgement (or 'rational' as described by Jung) says you should jerk your hand away.

What Greenwald said about Snowden points more toward him being a dominant/inferior judger, IMO.

·
11,928 Posts
elaborate?
To elaborate, I know it's their subconscious drive, but it's not that easy. Ji is how they see the world and make sense of if and those Je rules of external impact and effect can be hard if not impossible for them to really understand...why anyone would work that way or how they can. That's why I think some IxxPs might seem angsty, instead of succumbing to their weakness, they grow resentment against that order people work by that they don't feel they can align themselves with which brings a feeling of strength. But I know ultimately in indulging in their Ji worlds, they are trying to make their way to the Je world, and that's what I meant. It's the only way they can get there. Snowden is navigating it so effortlessly like it's already part of his home

1 - 20 of 58 Posts