Personality Cafe banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
With extreme Sativa doses over a long time I was able to block out the more autistical INTP social traits and slow down/turn off the constant mind whirring of always analyzing something. Eventually less fantasizing also meant more time to get motivated and productive. Still having the urge to think, the times for analyzing became more strategic. Plans, ideas, things to fix or buy, self-improvement, etc. Social growth eventually became exponential, rather than darting off to a fantasy that was more interesting, I was constantly forced into the moment and listening to people and their emotions relating everyday.

Just now I feel more at home identifying as xNTP, but I started like 8 years ago, and went through a long foggy selfish outcast indulgence phase before I reached this point. The daily build-ups coincidentally put me into a routine of (passing out) going to bed on time. I eventually lowered my use, but my tolerance rocketed and the effect seems to be permanently mild. I get some uplifting effects, but not much focus loss. I'm still very constant, but it's more planned and controlled now. For example a potent coffee, weed, water combo turns me into a semi morning person with an appetite!

I also love it for the gym. Originally helped connect to my body through my love of adrenaline boosting music in headphones. That driving energy plus the meditative weed state means sometimes I forget I'm not alone. I'll go all in on my lifts and vent all my stress. It's always satisfying once I'm there and the results of doing that repeatedly have been great. Mentally & physically.

Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
I'm allegic to THC. All marijuana does for me is make me nauseous and give me a blinding headache.

Now, Salvia Divinorum, on the other hand... note, this was LEGAL in my state back when I blundered into this, but that was... interesting. If I had a spider phobia, I'd have probably ended up catatonic in a mental institution. Fortunately, I don't.

It was not intentional, believe it or not. Botany has never been my field... hell, I couldn't grow anything but blackberries and mold until I was in my mid 30's. It happened as the result of a bouquet of wildflowers, and me getting pissed and biting some of the stems off because I had mislaid the scissors.

I didn't get a friendly, helpful totem spirit saying, "You are nuts, but it is a functional sort of nuts in the right environment. Go be a bureaucrat." I got a huge crystalline spider, weaving a huge, beautiful, extremely meticulous web above my kitchen table. Support strands arrayed out even beyond the kitchen... there were even a couple that went into the living room and anchored themselves against the opposite wall. The planning, the logistics, the effort it must have taken to build this thing... and the execution was perfect.

I had to figure the rest out for myself, lol.

Reactions: WickerDeer

Administrator
I'm allegic to THC. All marijuana does for me is make me nauseous and give me a blinding headache.

Now, Salvia Divinorum, on the other hand... note, this was LEGAL in my state back when I blundered into this, but that was... interesting. I had a spider phobia I'd have probably ended up catatonic in a mental institution. Fortunately, I don't.

It was not intentional, believe it or not. Botany has never been my field... hell, I couldn't grow anything but blackberries and mold until I was in my mid 30's. It happened as the result of a bouquet of wildflowers, and me getting pissed and biting some of the stems off because I had mislaid the scissors.

I didn't get a friendly, helpful totem spirit saying, "You are nuts, but it is a functional sort of nuts in the right environment. Go be a bureaucrat." I got a huge crystalline spider, weaving a huge, beautiful, extremely meticulous web above my kitchen table. Support strands arrayed out even beyond the kitchen... there were even a couple that went into the living room and anchored themselves against the opposite wall. The planning, the logistics, the effort it must have taken to build this thing... and the execution was perfect.

I had to figure the rest out for myself, lol.
Wow--that is quite the experience.

Sounds really beautiful!

Weaving is an interesting symbol--it's been used a lot in literature and mythology I think (along with spiders).

I've seen that plant but never tried it.

However, on a serious note (to mom tsk you):

If you ever bite plants you don't know the identity of again--you should probably be able to identify Deadly Hemlock and avoid it.

It looks like wild carrot to some people, or queen anne's lace, but it is incredibly toxic. I'm not sure if biting it would be enough to cause a serious reaction, but I wouldn't try.

I also don't know if it grows where you live, but I think it's fairly common in different continents.

Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
Wow--that is quite the experience.

Sounds really beautiful!

Weaving is an interesting symbol--it's been used a lot in literature and mythology I think (along with spiders).

I've seen that plant but never tried it.

However, on a serious note (to mom tsk you):

If you ever bite plants you don't know the identity of again--you should probably be able to identify Deadly Hemlock and avoid it.

It looks like wild carrot to some people, or queen anne's lace, but it is incredibly toxic. I'm not sure if biting it would be enough to cause a serious reaction, but I wouldn't try.

I also don't know if it grows where you live, but I think it's fairly common in different continents.
The common poisonous lookalike for Queen Anne's Lace that we have around here is called water hemlock. I'm not great at botany, but don't want to inadvertently Socrates myself, either. ;)

Basically, if it has a broad, flat "flower" made of tons of tiny ones, but does not have the little purple or maroon thingy in the middle, DO NOT EAT IT. Lol

Reactions: WickerDeer
21 - 24 of 24 Posts