Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I just did 3 personality tests for Myer Briggs recommended by friends.

The one on Facebook (My Personality) says I am INTP while the other 2 says ENFP (I did one just to see if the results were consistent.. and perhaps to see where my type lies)

Now I am not sure which one I am since I feel that both are right to a certain extend. I am the only child in my family but i am not painfully introvert. I can talk to people but my opinion isl that I am not a people-person. A close friend of mine has commented that I am introvert to strangers but extrovert to close friends.

How would you guys class me? Are hybrids possible?

Fun fact: I think I am no stranger to being a "mess". Even in my horoscope, I'm an Aries but I'm born on the Pisces-Aries Cusp. (21/03)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is overlapping possible? are there any more tests that might be more.. accurate?

i will do that test right now! thanks Linus!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Oh^^ what I meant was.. you will be one type
but maybe there is a function used by another type that is unusually high for you ---so it makes it seem you are a different type

Ideally the best way is to go through the functions of those types you get
ENFP and INTP have different dominant/primary cognitive functions

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Overlapping is not possible. What will help you is reading about cognitive functions that stand behind the four-letter code.
ENFP cognitive ladder is: Ne-Fi-Te-Si
INTP cognitive ladder is: Ti-Ne-Si-Fe

So as you can see they are very much different. You should read up on Ne and Ti and determine which one is your primary function.

Another possibility is that the 3 times that you tested you may have gotten wrong results. Since you say that you are introvert to strangers and extravert among your close friends this leads me to believe that you may be an INFP, which is close relative of ENFP, cognitive ladder of Fi-Ne-Si-Te (same functions, only INFPs are introverts).

References to where you can read about functions:
ENFP Wiki
MBTI characteristics & 16 Personality Types
http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/24032-intro-function-theory-more-detailed-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html
Function Attitude
Understanding Yourself and Others ... - Google Books

·
Registered
11 Posts
I vs E

Well it all depends where you get your energy from, for example if after a big party you need to have time alone to energise and centre yourself then you are introvert.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts