Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this us the right thread for this or not.

I have a overhead light socket that is wired unusual to me
The two main connecting wires from and to other light sources is wires together black on black white on white. Well that's normal but the 2 white wires is just twisted together like you would for a wire nut but no nut.
The black wires is combined with light switch white wire twisted with black wires on a wire nut and the black wire from light switch connected to terminal on light socket. Nothing on the other terminal.

Is this a way to wire a overhead light socket and what will this configuration cause? I am unsure what this is doing to the polarity and the AC flow.

Also other day the terminal that has the black wire became lose. And the small room it is in would make a small hat led light like it was being choked it would barley come on like a engine being choked and other types of light like led bulbs where you can just stick anywhere and use a remote to turn off.

It seemed like the room had electricity built up in it the breaker box is also in that room.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,889 Posts
I don't suppose you can take a picture. At first I thought you were saying the wire colors were reversed then I thought maybe you were saying the wires were spliced without a splice nut. I'm just not sure what you mean here.

·
Beer Guardian
15,889 Posts
Yes, well, the white wires are spliced together but without a splice nut. It isn't absolutely necessary, but if the bare spliced white wires ever come in contact with the bare spliced black wires, you're going to have a short circuit, and that's bad. Adding a splice nut like the one on the other spliced wires is safer. It will make it less likely of a short. It will also prevent detritus and debris from accumulating on the bare wires too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't understand why only one wire the black wire is connected to socket and the white wire tied off with the other 2 black wires.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@tanstaafl28
Let me start off with saying I don't wear a tin foil hat.

With that out of the way. One of the reason's I ask is something really shady is going on at the apartment's I am at.
Ever since i moved here I knew something was not right. Either that or this place is haunted.

I am posting 2 pictures of the street light in front of my apartment. Looks like a light beam coming from it, possibly being directed from somewhere else. I see a very dim light, especially if I am in the bathroom with lights off and still. When I take a shower put my head underwater eyes closed i slowly see the light very bright. I saw probley reflection's that burned my eyes. Last night is when i took the picture I saw that the street lights was acting weird. So i got camera adjusted it to see, and at one point i saw that beam move around the complex. I watched it move around in a circle.

I was wondering if you or know someone here that can help me figure out little more in information wise. There is a lot more that's goes on that I notice. Like what i found in a inoperable gcfi outlet in bathroom. Which after a short in back room overhead light was causing me to be sick. And after handyman for 2nd time wouldn't help me

·
Beer Guardian
15,889 Posts
I went to Basic Electricity and Electronics school in the Navy, so I understand the basics. As far as wall sockets and light sockets, you usually have a positive, a negative, and a ground.

As for why a gfi socket making you sick? I'm not sure. I don't know how to interpret your streetlight issue or haunting issue either. I lack both data and context.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I been on a mission past weeks slowly to het to root of this. It has become to hazards for me, admititinly i have known about this for quit a while. I have let it go on because it has been pretty good Ni trip experience. I got some really good meditative, learning and such during this. I was actually suspicious the day I read the lease. A lot of unusal things in it.

I have suspected my bathroom mirror to not be just a mirror. Turns out its a mems mirror , plasma and lidar beam forwarding.
I have always suspected something like this, i was unware of mems mirrors though.

The gfci wasn't a gfci it was a power module cut up Cankit board. Few other things the board did.

As far as the overhead light, this isn't a normal set up situation. I also think the celing mounts are all connected or just branched off. Through some type of tubing kinda like a slide upside down. And the celing mounts i think have lasers and or camera, motion tracking. As well as the outlets i think also motion tracking laser setup.

Several other things, including my 4k 55 inch TV was messed with. And they use magnets i believe and cause the to vibrate for power and such.

·
Beer Guardian
15,889 Posts
I been on a mission past weeks slowly to het to root of this. It has become to hazards for me, admititinly i have known about this for quit a while. I have let it go on because it has been pretty good Ni trip experience. I got some really good meditative, learning and such during this. I was actually suspicious the day I read the lease. A lot of unusal things in it.

I have suspected my bathroom mirror to not be just a mirror. Turns out its a mems mirror , plasma and lidar beam forwarding.
I have always suspected something like this, i was unware of mems mirrors though.

The gfci wasn't a gfci it was a power module cut up Cankit board. Few other things the board did.

As far as the overhead light, this isn't a normal set up situation. I also think the celing mounts are all connected or just branched off. Through some type of tubing kinda like a slide upside down. And the celing mounts i think have lasers and or camera, motion tracking. As well as the outlets i think also motion tracking laser setup.

Several other things, including my 4k 55 inch TV was messed with. And they use magnets i believe and cause the to vibrate for power and such.
I don't think you have any electrical problems. I think you may want to consult a mental health professional.

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
I'm not working and never got the certificate as electrician but I did the education bit and done some electrician-related jobs.

Without more info on what's going on in the other sockets and switches nearby it's impossible to tell. If you haven't measured 0 volts on the wires, assume there's voltage there. My best GUESS is the wires aren't in use and someone didn't bother removing them.

Reactions: tanstaafl28

·
Beer Guardian
15,889 Posts
If you found what I found, you wouldn't be saying that.
If I found what you found, I'd be seriously questioning my sanity right about now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts