Personality Cafe banner

1101 - 1105 of 1105 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey mimesis sorry bud, i didnt make myself clear... my bad. The hide thing was in reference to how you guys sometimes hide your post to make more space, it wasnt meant to refer to any kind of absence on your part, though totally get your explanation your end, strange times indeed. Glad to hear your being sensible to the current situation though.
First heard this one on John Peel's radio show in 91... took me years to find out who it was by, and track down.
Reminds me a bit of F.S.O.L
I know this has probably been posted a zillion times, but man, what a breath of fresh air, this was at the time
Still gives me the fuzzys

·
Registered
🚀
9,954 Posts
@Stagger Lee

Haha...maybe I should go outside for a walk, for a mental hard reset.

I get what you're saying now. You place the clips between these tags, but without the spaces in the tags.

[ spoiler ] clips [ /spoiler ]

see?

Hang on, it doesn't seem to work any more?

Just checked, it works in an internet browser, but it doesn't work using the Tapatalk app, which I am currently using.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's just amazing how much emotion music can convey without a single word, be it electronic or classical music... I've been loving this track even more since I read the below anecdote.

"One Saturday in February I was having an amazing night playing at Oval Space in London. In the middle of my set I dropped '1-4 Doctor C'est Chouette'. A fan came up to the DJ booth to ask me what I was playing. When I told him it was one of my new tracks, he replied - to my surprise - 'There's so much melancholy in this track, what were you thinking about when you made it?' His question struck a deep chord: he had understood what I was feeling when I made the track - isn't that what music is all about? But did I really have to tell him the story? It wasn't the place or the time to get into a deep conversation, so I simply smiled at him to thank him for his enthusiasm.
There are times in our lives when we should dedicate a little something to people or places that are important to us. This is what this record is all about: just to say I love you, I miss you or just simply thank you.
"
Laurent Garnier.

1101 - 1105 of 1105 Posts