Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember in elementary we used to get detention and those card thingys well what if high school classes used that system? do you think it will be more or less successful than it is now?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think the education system sucks in general and using something that sucked in elementary school in high school would not at all improve high school. What they should do instead is go to schools where kids actually learn and are interested in learning and enjoy their classes, and learn how to run a school and teach classes from them.

·
Banned
560 Posts
High school does use those methods of discipline...

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Man, l don't even know what's up with high school anymore.

The only teenager l talk to regularly is my younger sibling, but she goes to an alternative school.

l was honestly just assuming the disciplinary measures had become more strict and the typical HS would now be more like a police state, teens wouldn't have anything to compare that too though.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Why not carry it all the way through adulthood? I can just see my bosses-- "ok, Devin. That was very bad how you didn't lock out that machine before you went in. I'm gonna have to change your card over to yellow. That's a warning. Any more naughtiness and you'll get a red card and then you'll have to spend your lunch break sitting in my office. And I'm also going to write your name on the naughty board for all your coworkers to see how naughty you've been and humiliate you. Don't make me put a check next to it."

There comes a time when you have to learn to manage yourself. The process is supposed to start around middle school.

·
Registered
8,659 Posts
I never received a detention during high school. I know some people did for acting out but that was mainly in regulars classes. I took a lot of honors classes so that was never a problem. Even the regulars classes weren't too bad because the troublemakers were in basic level classes. I knew every once and a while you'd hear about someone getting kicked out of class and sent to the office to deal with the vice-principal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts