Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been in a poke war with a girl on Facebook for over two years now.

I met her through my geek crew during my college days. She is a feisty little redhead I met through a friend.

She's as much an anime geek as I am, and reveres my drawings and creatively with a childish awe. But that's the thing... The girl is 22 years old, and literally resembles a twelve-year old. She about acts the same as well.

I mused at the fact that we should go drinking together. She always tried to steal my hat, and oftentimes I'd give her piggyback rides across campus. I almost feel bad for the girl... She is definitely pedo-bait. :p

Anyone else have anything akin? Perhaps a stalker even?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Not sure if it falls in the same category, but there used to be a guy in my church group that was super geeky. He so desperately wanted to be liked that he came off as overwhelming and annoying - like a hyper puppy that's been starved for attention. I felt sorry for him, so I'd always try to be nice, but that resulted in his adhering to me like gorilla glue; it reached the point where other people avoided me because he was always around. One time he brought a bag of dill-flavored potato chips over and sat down next to me on the couch. As he began to eat, he moved closer and closer, so that soon the chip crumbs were falling from his mouth all over me. I knew I had to do something to stop this, so eventually I told him I was planning to go to a women's college (not true) and heavily implied that I was a lesbian (again, not true - unless he's the only man left on earth).

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a girl who liked me oppressively who was quite the same way (though less digusting-- you have my condolences :C)

I eventually told her I was gay to get her off my back. It worked, for the most part... > >

·
Registered
712 Posts
When I was 13, there was a guy that fancied me who everyone called Steven Pubic, because his surname nearly rhymed with it, and because his hair was an unwashed, curly mop that could be viewd as fairly pubic-like. He used to meet me at the bus stop when I got home from school and walk me home, which was really embarrassing and everyone used to mock me for it. He was a nice enough guy though, and a few years later when I met him at a club I found that he'd learned the art of personal groomnig and had actually turned out half-decent.

Also, I went on a date with a guy that was horrible and I couldn't wait to get out of his company, but he was so smothering that I ended up telling him I would meet him again just to get him out of my hair. When his email stalking didn't get a response he started magically appearing at the library where I worked, hiding behind the bookshelves and watching me. I called him out on it and he sent me a vicious email saying he didn't even know I was working there and how dare I accuse him of stalking him (I knew he wasn't a library user - his name wasn't in the system and none of the librarians who had worked there for years had ever seen him before) and basically implying that I was the scum of the earth because I had turned against him due to his spina bifida. He left me alone after that, although I did, however, run into him and his icy stare and yellow teeth while I was on my first date with another guy, who I immediately grabbed and acted very lovey dovey with. Yeah, that was a bit forward of me on a first date, but it worked out well for me in the end since the other guy is now my husband :happy:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First off, KateyKinz, I enjoyed your story. The universe works out in mysteeerious ways... :p

On the flipside, I think I came up with a story that makes ME the annoying crusher.

There was once a girl in high school I was crushing on badly. I invited her to come out with me to a concert. Her answer was ambiguous at first, but a few days later she declined stating that she wasn't allowed.

So at the concert, my dad told me to buy her a shirt so she didn't feel bad for missing out. I gave it to her the next day of school, and she really seemed to like it. A few months later, her birthday came around. Thinking I was on a roll, I made a gag present-- a small box inside a larger one inside a larger one and so on.

Well, at the bottom of it all was the CD of the concert I went to. She, once again, really seemed to like it.

Later, my birthday came around. Surprisingly, she got me a gift. It was fudge. She says "I really like this, so I got it for you. Happy Birthday" in a super snarky tone.

I guess I was a bit oppressive, but sometimes I just wish people could be up front with me.

·
Registered
712 Posts
First off, KateyKinz, I enjoyed your story. The universe works out in mysteeerious ways... :p

On the flipside, I think I came up with a story that makes ME the annoying crusher.

There was once a girl in high school I was crushing on badly. I invited her to come out with me to a concert. Her answer was ambiguous at first, but a few days later she declined stating that she wasn't allowed.

So at the concert, my dad told me to buy her a shirt so she didn't feel bad for missing out. I gave it to her the next day of school, and she really seemed to like it. A few months later, her birthday came around. Thinking I was on a roll, I made a gag present-- a small box inside a larger one inside a larger one and so on.

Well, at the bottom of it all was the CD of the concert I went to. She, once again, really seemed to like it.

Later, my birthday came around. Surprisingly, she got me a gift. It was fudge. She says "I really like this, so I got it for you. Happy Birthday" in a super snarky tone.

I guess I was a bit oppressive, but sometimes I just wish people could be up front with me.
Aw..that wasn't very fair of her. If she had communicated with you better then you wouldn't have put her in an uncomfortable position. I will declare her the one who was at fault in this case. Having said that, I hope you learned your lesson. My husband still suffers from the same kind of gift-giving faux-pas. I've given up trying to correct it, because his feelings have been crushed every time I mentioned it in the past.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
One of my friends has a little sister who is like 16 and whenever I go and hang out with him and shes around she stares at me and always giggles when I say something half way funny and tells me I am hilarious. She is always talking to me on facebook trying to start innocent conversation. I asked her brother one day about it and him being the type of person he is, he told me she asks about me all the time. He started laughing about it because he knows how uncomfortable I can get he thinks its hilarious >.<

It was his birthday a few months ago and a lot of us hung out at his place and it was super late and we were all relaxing and just hanging out. She came and sat by me and kept like inching closer and I didn't want to be openly mean and break the poor girls heart and just get up and walk away. I sat there and like death stared at her brother. He finally noticed I was drilling holes into his skull with my vision. He almost spat out his food when he saw me. He got up and asked for me to come and help him with something to save me. We then walked into the kitchen and he nearly died laughing. After a bit we went back in and I sat in a single person chair XD

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
One of my friends has a little sister who is like 16 and whenever I go and hang out with him and shes around she stares at me and always giggles when I say something half way funny and tells me I am hilarious. She is always talking to me on facebook trying to start innocent conversation. I asked her brother one day about it and him being the type of person he is, he told me she asks about me all the time. He started laughing about it because he knows how uncomfortable I can get he thinks its hilarious >.<

It was his birthday a few months ago and a lot of us hung out at his place and it was super late and we were all relaxing and just hanging out. She came and sat by me and kept like inching closer and I didn't want to be openly mean and break the poor girls heart and just get up and walk away. I sat there and like death stared at her brother. He finally noticed I was drilling holes into his skull with my vision. He almost spat out his food when he saw me. He got up and asked for me to come and help him with something to save me. We then walked into the kitchen and he nearly died laughing. After a bit we went back in and I sat in a single person chair XD
If you can't handle that and always need someone to save you instead of getting up and walking away, maybe you should rethink your teaching goals?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
There's an older man after me.. He is like 20+ years older. And i know he is not after a relationship

He's very tall and a muscleman which is why it's so funny in a weird way
He hits on me in public, winks at me, offers me rides. He was the owner of a set of buildings, workshops that I used to live in
I moved away so I don't see him anymore. He's really immature and says gross things all the time

Also when I was in elementary, there was a girl that my aunt used to take care of and she'd always come visit my house. She gave me a love letter after so many years and it was such a shock that I don't think I even responded
It annoyed me that my aunt knew, she's esfj.. She told practically everyone
The girl has this eye problem and often puts papers right to her face to read them even with her glasses... Family used to say she liked me because she doesn't really know what I look like (@[email protected]

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
There was a guy at a local pizza place where I went to order pizza that apparently developed a crush on me. He was OK for a while then suddenly became extremely nervous around me. He dropped my pizza once so they had to remake it and started putting 2x the condiments in others. That was sweet - I only wished he wouldn't be that nervous.

I had my father's friends crush on me several times. Yucky older married men :S ... one kept inquiring if I had a boyfriend, and finding out that I didn't he made it very clear that he was really after oral sex. I was like 'wtf'.

·
Registered
836 Posts
There was a guy at a local pizza place where I went to order pizza that apparently developed a crush on me. He was OK for a while then suddenly became extremely nervous around me. He dropped my pizza once so they had to remake it and started putting 2x the condiments in others. That was sweet - I only wished he wouldn't be that nervous.

I had my father's friends crush on me several times. Yucky older married men :S ... one kept inquiring if I had a boyfriend, and finding out that I didn't he made it very clear that he was really after oral sex. I was like 'wtf'.
been there. yikes!

clarify: married men. and i took WAAAAY too long to figure out to look for a ring. see, not being superficial has drawbacks!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Wow, I think my dad would have skinned them or something.

Zomboy, that girl was just a cow. *Filigees disaproving face*

Well I had a stalker aged 12 or 13.

There was a boy in my class who was very geeky and quite anoying. He was also very bright and a nice person, so I was nice to him and discussed things with him if we were sat near each other in class. Unfortunatly as most other people were horrible to him he got very atached to me.

I was the last one leaving class one day and he staid behind, in the door way, so I couldn't leave. Then he asked me out. This confused me, as I didn't have any interest in boys or dating, I asked him what the piont was and where we'd go, being 13. Anyway, I said I'd think about it to get out of the room. I told my friends to get moral support, and some advice, as I had no clue about this stuff as I had 0 interest. They confirmed dating him was social suicide (not that I needed telling) and that I should let him down brutally. But I'm not brutal, so I pleasently explained I wasn't interested in dating at all just then...which lead to constantly being asked: will you go out with me NOW? Until I got nasty, and told him if hell froze over, maybe I'd consider it...but he was not detered!

He somehow got my phone number, and called me up to talk af few times...I told him to get lost.

Unbeknown to me, one of my friends had told him she thought we'd be cute together and set up a secret date. She said she'd arange for me to meet her for a film but he would be there, and she'd call and say she couldn't make it, forcing us to go together...however what really happened was he sat alone waiting for me for several hours, all alone, as she never invited me out. He then called me and was really upset, thinking I'd played a nasty trick on him.

I felt really guilty, as I'd complained about it to my friend, and she'd clearly decided to have a bit of fun at his expense, and get him off my case at the same time. I was really mad at her...until he transphered him crush to her, and she tried to get me to help her fake a boyfriend to get rid of him by calling her mobile and putting on a guys voice,I declined and watched the predictable failure of her scheam from afar...Ah, High School...

I now give him relationship advice via instant messaging. :laughing:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Wow, I think my dad would have skinned them or something.

Zomboy, that girl was just a cow. *Filigees disaproving face*

Well I had a stalker aged 12 or 13.

There was a boy in my class who was very geeky and quite anoying. He was also very bright and a nice person, so I was nice to him and discussed things with him if we were sat near each other in class. Unfortunatly as most other people were horrible to him he got very atached to me.

I was the last one leaving class one day and he staid behind, in the door way, so I couldn't leave. Then he asked me out. This confused me, as I didn't have any interest in boys or dating, I asked him what the piont was and where we'd go, being 13. Anyway, I said I'd think about it to get out of the room. I told my friends to get moral support, and some advice, as I had no clue about this stuff as I had 0 interest. They confirmed dating him was social suicide (not that I needed telling) and that I should let him down brutally. But I'm not brutal, so I pleasently explained I wasn't interested in dating at all just then...which lead to constantly being asked: will you go out with me NOW? Until I got nasty, and told him if hell froze over, maybe I'd consider it...but he was not detered!

He somehow got my phone number, and called me up to talk af few times...I told him to get lost.

Unbeknown to me, one of my friends had told him she thought we'd be cute together and set up a secret date. She said she'd arange for me to meet her for a film but he would be there, and she'd call and say she couldn't make it, forcing us to go together...however what really happened was he sat alone waiting for me for several hours, all alone, as she never invited me out. He then called me and was really upset, thinking I'd played a nasty trick on him.

I felt really guilty, as I'd complained about it to my friend, and she'd clearly decided to have a bit of fun at his expense, and get him off my case at the same time. I was really mad at her...until he transphered him crush to her, and she tried to get me to help her fake a boyfriend to get rid of him by calling her mobile and putting on a guys voice,I declined and watched the predictable failure of her scheam from afar...Ah, High School...

I now give him relationship advice via instant messaging. :laughing:
Sometimes being nice just doesn't pay. Some people need you to crush them for the message to register. Of course, I can't bear to crush people, so usually I suffer until an outside force intervenes.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I just remembered this story, which was pretty funny at the time, even while it was frustrating.

Two years ago, my mom invited me to join her and a friend for lunch. This friend, Mike, has worked with my mom for most of my life, and he’s watched me grow up, so he tends to be a little protective. Mike, his wife, my mom, and I went to Red Lobster, and when the waiter came to our table, I noticed he kept looking at me. All through the meal he would try to start little conversations, and he was overly-attentive. It became clear very quickly that he was interested in me.

It’s rare that I find myself attracted to someone, but this guy was personable, friendly, and not bad looking. In short, I was interested in him, but the problem was that I didn’t know how to let him know, especially with my mom and her friends so close. I kept thinking of all these crazy ways to let him know that I was into him – spell it out with fries or in Ranch dressing, for instance. Of course, even though it was obvious to me that this guy was interested, there was this self-doubt that kept me from taking any of these drastic and silly actions I devised.

The worst part was that this poor waiter kept starting conversations with me, but Mike loves to be the center of attention at all times, and he obviously thought a waiter was beneath me, so he continually killed whatever topics the waiter came up with. Finally, I decided to leave my name and number on a napkin on my plate, only then I couldn’t find a pen, and Mike used my last clean napkin as soon as I decided to ask to borrow a pen.

I told my best friend about it and she insisted we go back at the same time the next week in hopes of seeing the guy again. Unfortunately, we went back multiple times but never saw him. Ironically, my friend and I neither one like fish, so it’s become a sort of joke between us and periodically we’ll have lunch at Red Lobster, where we both order chicken and mostly eat the biscuits while hoping to spy the cute, attentive waiter.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I had a girl in elementary school that would run around on the playground and evasively take pictures of me. :crying:

Then, one night at nightgames, she sneaked up behind me, turned me around and kissed me right on the face. Being so young, I was horrified, and spent the rest of the night spitting on the ground trying to get her germs off of my face.

I had crushes in school, but that was the cherry on top; no other one compared, sadly.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I had a girl in elementary school that would run around on the playground and evasively take pictures of me. :crying:

Then, one night at nightgames, she sneaked up behind me, turned me around and kissed me right on the face. Being so young, I was horrified, and spent the rest of the night spitting on the ground trying to get her germs off of my face.

I had crushes in school, but that was the cherry on top; no other one compared, sadly.
Oh I did that. lol

I brought in plastic mistoletoe to school when I was five, to scare the boys.

When I was younger (at playgroup, so 4?)I saw this boy I liked, and I chashed him and tried to kiss him all day. He kept screaming. At the end of the day we sat together to wait for our mums, and we exchanged names. He was one of my best friends until we went to different High Schools.

(The mistoletoe was mostly to scare him. :crazy:)

Unfortunatly I fell for a charming INTJ when we started Big School. He didn't think kisses or girls were yucky (ha, so illogical!), so there was a bit or friction for a while, then we were all friends, which was great.

I miss my boys :sad:.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
There's a guy who has a crush on me that has no personal hygiene. He is probably the #1 least popular kid in the school. He is obnoxious and gets angry and says mean things to my friends. When he says hi I say hi nicely, but not too nice.

One of my ex's still likes me even though I have moved on. He acts very pathetic. (Not in a good way.)

When I was in... 2nd grade a kindergartner had a crush on me. Thankfully, my family moved about a week or two later. (Non related)

Reactions: Zomboy

·
Registered
INFJ 9w1
2,473 Posts
Usually, I attract assholes or really needy guys, but I can think of one crush that was actually pretty funny. A few years ago, I started a job and the guy was in my training group. He was pretty intimidating and looked like he would kick someone's ass if they tried to pull anything. He was tall and always had a serious or "don't mess with me" look on his face, yet he was very nice. But for some reason, once we started working, every time he saw me, he would act completely different. He was around 26, but he would get this boyish look on his face and do this girly wave, every time he saw me. I thought it was the funniest thing ever and I would have to try really hard not to burst out laughing. He never did this to anyone else.

·
Registered
151 Posts
First story:
When I was sixteen I worked Saturdays in a department store, just to get a few coins in my pocket. When we had a New Years Eve party, my female boss decided it was about time to get really serious... She had a few more drinks that she should've had, and late in the evening she sat down next to me. Now comes the best part: Imagine this lady, three times my age, putting her hand way up on my thigh, looking me straight in the eyes and saying: "Let me tell you, darling, I've never been unfaithful to my husband... but now I want to be..."

Gently I put her hand away and nervously said "Let it continue that way...", though the message screaming from my terrified eyes was "Get me out of here, please someone, save me from my maniac boss!" :unsure:

Second story:
A friend of mine was getting married, and I was invited to the wedding. Little did I know that my friend and his lovely bride were into partner swapping... As the wedding party was about to end, my friend quietly approached me, and said that there was this girl over there who fancied me, and if I was interested I would be very welcome to join in on a little orgy! It would be just a small orgy - just the groom and his bride, the best man and the bridesmaid, the girl who fancied me.. and then me... :blushed:

With the best of manners, I politely thanked him for the offer, but said that I couldn't accept this gracious offer. I really don't know if an orgy took place, but I can tell for sure that I didn't take part in any such activity!

I haven't kept in touch with that friend, but I've heard that the happy couple divorced a few years back in time.

Generally, I'm a whacko magnet :crazy:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts