Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
say, if one embraces the chaos that life forcefully throws at one, (instead of resisting it and really fighting and finding the way out all the time) isn't the one compromising one's purity of some sort? whatever that purity is?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
When I think about "embracing the chaos" my mind translates it to "sensory overload," which is something I am currently dealing with as I've moved to a new place.

I don't think you need to view it necessarily as a compromise. Life is always about finding your own way, at least for the INFJ. :) It's just a matter of how quickly or how much one absorbs all the chaos and finding one's own balance within this chaos.

As for "purity," I'm not sure what you mean - since purity can be understood in many ways. For me, as long as I can find my own balance and my own meaning of how I fit into this chaos, i maintain my purity in the sense that I stay true to myself. As long as it's some meaning I myself (and only I) derive. HTH?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
It's been pretty much a year since I 'ran away' XD and started to learn how to take better control of my life
I hit things here and there but it's not working the way I want to. So I wonder if it is a sign I'm supposed to 'embrace the chaos' as well <_< I think there's something to look up to with a person who can stay the same, stay pure as you say although his/her environment is changing. Becoming the eye of the storm. Still quite daunting though. I would really rather have less problems to deal with.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
say, if one embraces the chaos that life forcefully throws at one, (instead of resisting it and really fighting and finding the way out all the time) isn't the one compromising one's purity of some sort? whatever that purity is?
I wouln't say so. As long as the chaos is temporary.

I never feel more alive and in touch with myself than in the anarchy of a paintball firefight, or a close Jiujitsu match. Us INFJs have the capacity to use our intuition and to trust the flow, riding the waves of chaos to their natural conclusion.

And there's something very liberating about it.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Yes exactly^ To trust intuition will lead the way
and that it's not always necessary to take control on a conscious level

·
Registered
86 Posts
To me, chaos in my life is just things that I do not understand. I find when I take the time to learn about them, everything becomes calm and clear. Also trusting my intuition has been something I thankfully learnt to do as a child. If my gut feeling about something is telling me that it's bad, I'm not going to do it. I've gone against it before and it has never, not once, ever ever EVER been beneficial in any way, shape, or form.

Actually if I could stress one thing to any INFJ or actually anyONE it would be to trust their gut. You need to learn to because one day it could save your life.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
"In a world unknown, you gotta hold your own."

yes, the world is chaotic, but you gotta find and hold onto your own way and own understanding to adjust to the chaos.

I know a lot of people who stay the same and are stable throughout whatever circumstances they are placed in, especially my INTJ friends. However, with INFJs, I think how we cope with chaos... is finding how we adjust to the changing environment.... how we derive our own internal balance/internal system that remains with us. And yes, intuition plays a key role in this!

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Don't want to speak for all INTJs...

but my INTJ friend freezes up in times of stress. He spends too much time thinking... not enough time acting.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Embracing the chaos to me means embracing uncertainty underlying all my goals, dreams and beliefs so that even the most absolute and pessimistic possibilities need to be assessed with an open-ended adaptability that defies the anxious need for order/closure, which does nothing but perpetuate the cycle of negative attachment in a world of ephemeral solidarity.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Doesn't fighting generate a bigger conflict than accepting? Why fighting against your own would make you feel better than accepting that chaos, whatever that may be. Purity is not actually against the chaos, they are quite independent, but these are concepts created by people, so they don't really matter, what actually matters is our perception over them. If you take the harder way of fighting, then you feel like finding reasons for it, although the decisions are not always reasonable. In this case you lose 'purity', something that you know nothing about but you choose to represent your concept of identity. But one's identity can't get lost in the chaos, because the power of will and self-confidence is what makes the chaos become life so I don't believe you could ever get lost in chaos, because chaos would become your biggest tool in creating your own world. This way, although the 'chaos' would, indeed, still be 'chaos', your perception over it would change into something like 'heaven' and apply the concept of 'chaos' to a new object.
Conclusion: It is up to everyone what fits them best. :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
11,873 Posts
I wouln't say so. As long as the chaos is temporary.

I never feel more alive and in touch with myself than in the anarchy of a paintball firefight, or a close Jiujitsu match. Us INFJs have the capacity to use our intuition and to trust the flow, riding the waves of chaos to their natural conclusion.

And there's something very liberating about it.

Yeppers! I would call this walking through the chaos! Liberating indeed! :happy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts