Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys!

Okay so, I have been lurking around this forum for AGES despite using this account a while ago as I forgot my username. :blushed:

I was looking at a random thread when I spotted a username I recognized and clicked on it, and then I was like "THAT'S MY USERNAME!!!". I'm not quite sure how I mananged to forget it, but here we go. I think I thought it was just JenBanana for ages.

So basically, while stalking the forums I decided to make a new account, but I hardly posted anything because I felt very worried about posting anything in case people didn't like me or I said something stupid. But when I found my old account and saw how many posts I'd made I decided to strike up some courage and do some nattering.

One thing I've noticed recently is that I am a really shy person when it comes to things like talking to new people; I find it very hard work (more IRL than on the internet) and tend to avoid it. I am much more comfortable talking to new people when I am surrounded by my friends and in a place I know well. When I get to know people however, I NEVER SHUT UP. :laughing:

Edit: I forgot my email password for this account too, so I couldn't find my username :)

Edit, take two: I think this is more of a rant than a question, but erm, post your experiences of shyness/ social awkwardness.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Welcome back lol.

Reactions: JennyBanana

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
^^ what she said :)

think of it as a place to practice; don't take it too seriously.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Shyness is just the inner expectation that things will more likely go badly than well.. it's hard mentally to take on a situation where you feel like you might be more likely to get hurt from it than to gain from it. once you realise this, and once you can get into the mentality that doing/saying the wrong thing can never truly hurt you because you can always move on and try again, you can try and break free from it.. then you start to gain experiences, and through experiences and mistakes you slowly get better, then you start to have more and more positive experiences. eventually when most of your experiences are positive, the expectation will be that things will continue to go well, and the shyness will be gone.

even if the process takes years, say like 4 years- or even 10, you'll live 80+ years so that shouldn't matter in the big picture of things. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts