Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, since I am a crybaby, do you ISTPs cry when facing a perplexing situation that requires you to share some sort of secret about you?

For example, I had to choose a college to go to in the Fall. One was a school with a Classics major, the other was an engineering school. My parents wanted me to go to the engineering school because there's no way I can get a job with humanities studies in the classics. I wanted to give the school with the Classics major a chance since I spent a bunch of time struggling and crying over my personal statements. I told my parents I really wanted to consider that school, but didn't want to tell them the reason why. I thought if I told them, they would think it was stupid, and would embarrass me. And my reason for considering Classics is a bit embarrassing. So when I told them to consider the Classics school, I teared up and cried. I didn't say much either. An Aunty helped me talk to my parents while I wiped my tears and frowned.

Whenever a situation calls for me to fess up something secretive, like guilt for doing something bad, I shirk, feel bad and cry. I want to know if it's because I developed my F (I don't know which one), or if it's normal amongst most of us ISTPs. Whenever I try to prevent myself from crying, I can never hold bak my years, so I always let them fall. Even if I'm not sad, and I speak with my pastor about something about me he praises, I cry with joy. Idk. I'm a big crybaby.

Are any of you crybabies? :)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Never ever happened in public, but sometimes when watching a deeply moving picture and in a sad mood, shed a few tears.

The only time i actually did cry was when i had to quit college and leave town to return to a place i hated and tried to get away from.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sad now that I know I'm different. Thanks guys. T-T

The best movies are often the best tear-jerkers. :)

Reactions: QueenOfCats

·
Registered
950 Posts
I don't really cry. Even when my dogs have died (and trust me, they meant a hell of a lot more to me than nearly any human) I shed about 5 tears and then continued on. In my mind that is really not a good thing. I think it probably comes down to my paranoia and not wanting to show any weakness, but it just makes me seem like a cold bastard. So yeah, crying is a good thing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was wondering, since I am a crybaby, do you ISTPs cry when facing a perplexing situation that requires you to share some sort of secret about you?

For example, I had to choose a college to go to in the Fall. One was a school with a Classics major, the other was an engineering school. My parents wanted me to go to the engineering school because there's no way I can get a job with humanities studies in the classics. I wanted to give the school with the Classics major a chance since I spent a bunch of time struggling and crying over my personal statements. I told my parents I really wanted to consider that school, but didn't want to tell them the reason why. I thought if I told them, they would think it was stupid, and would embarrass me. And my reason for considering Classics is a bit embarrassing. So when I told them to consider the Classics school, I teared up and cried. I didn't say much either. An Aunty helped me talk to my parents while I wiped my tears and frowned.

Whenever a situation calls for me to fess up something secretive, like guilt for doing something bad, I shirk, feel bad and cry. I want to know if it's because I developed my F (I don't know which one), or if it's normal amongst most of us ISTPs. Whenever I try to prevent myself from crying, I can never hold bak my years, so I always let them fall. Even if I'm not sad, and I speak with my pastor about something about me he praises, I cry with joy. Idk. I'm a big crybaby.

Are you sure you are an istp and not isfp?

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I cry when I'm completely and totally drained/stressed/overwhelmed. When I've lost all my reserves of energy, I also lose the ability to completely contain my emotions. So if something sad/upsetting/anger-inducing occurs, my emotions will usually show in tears.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Once when I got out of jail and once or twice in college when everything was really effed up in my life. Also, if I'm watching an amazing movie by myself and something incredibly sad or incredibly beautiful happens I'll tear up a bit. Almost never happens in view of others.

·
Registered
336 Posts

I think I used to be similar when I was a child. Whenever my parents tried to force me to talk about my feelings I would cry. Now I know just to walk away. At one point I was going to a therapist for a short time and same thing would happen when that bastard tried to get 'em out of me. Now that I think back I'm not even sure why I had to go to therapy. I think they thought I was depressed when really I'm just.. introverted, probably.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'm sad now that I know I'm different. Thanks guys. T-T
pfff. it's the internet. nobody is ever the only one doing/feeling/thinking anything here. ;)

i stifled all feelings for about 10 years until i kind of forgot how to feel at all. it took me some years to get them back and when they finally came, they flooded me.
i feel balanced now but i still weep easily.

·
Registered
950 Posts
i stifled all feelings for about 10 years until i kind of forgot how to feel at all. it took me some years to get them back and when they finally came, they flooded me.
Its true. So many people say that the hardest thing in the world is to convince yourself you don't care anymore, when actually the hardest thing is to convince yourself that you do again.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
No to sharing a secret. It is what it is. Just shrug worthy at that point.

But there is a xxxJ who can make me cry at the drop of a hat. I can literally do something good and if she gives me a "that wasn't the right decision" speech, she can make me want to cry because I feel bad.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts