Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are you always present to everyone? no? disconnected emotionally from others usually?

for me it varies in such extremes, that at times i have to avoid eye contact with everyone, cause i would burn them with my intensity. and at other times, i dont even notice there are other people too!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
are you always present to everyone? no? disconnected emotionally from others usually?

for me it varies in such extremes, that at times i have to avoid eye contact with everyone, cause i would burn them with my intensity. and at other times, i dont even notice there are other people too!
I am emotionally present only for a few friends and family. Often times I simply 'check out' when I'm overdrawn emotionally. When I am engaged emotionally, it often overwhelms people. Intense? Very.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Ugh. I avoid eye contact too much. I tend to get lost in people's eyes, losing myself in the process.
If I'm present enough.

But, if I'm comfortable enough with someone in order to actually look them in the eyes, then it's fine. Though there is still a risk of losing myself there as well.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,590 Posts
Whether I'm emotionally present or not mostly depends on my mood. If I am happy and feeling good about myself I will be emotionally present. If I'm distracted by troubling thoughts then it's obviously hard for me to be present/feel connected to those around me. I try to avoid people during those times unless I'm really struggling.

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
I have a very large and necessary personal space. I am emotionally connected with some: Because of the connection, I am open to friendship. I am emotionally intense, and given to tears and rapid burnout in emotionally charged situations. I withdraw, work through it, reform. During the withdrawal I retreat to the White Room, an emotionally empty state and no one is allowed there.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I am very open towards others, should they seek open-ness. I probably do have a tendency to seem disconnected if I don't know you very well, with the whole introvert thing i revolve around :crazy:

Whether i seem disconnected or not, i do know how everyone around me is feeling, even if they don't know how I'm feeling. I suppose it is what gives INFJs our unreadable quality.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Possibly not so often; 1-1 yes but not with everyone, for example in my retail volunteering I am only present very briefly unless working on a floor with a +1 (even then the person has to be at least average in EQ to encourage less fluff chat) or engaging certain types of customers (being very prone to limited eye contact, engaging them more fully still while remaining productive seeking not to burn out empathically), however if I actually desire your company then I am very present (well at least with the wise elder self if I feel unable to talk on my level of life experience).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.