Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My best friend is pretty much a confirmed ISFJ (she's not Ni and she's definitely very Fe but not at all Fe-dom...) and she has a thing where I think she just loves Fi-doms? Almost every Fi-dom she finds she relates to. Snow White from OUAT. Bella Swan. Sybil from Downton Abbey. That girl from A Walk to Remember. Of course it's not that this is bad, but I find it interesting that she relates to characters that tend to have even her opposite functions.

Does anyone relate? Does it make sense for her to relate to all the IxFP characters?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
As mentioned, I'm on the fence about Fe/Ti Te/Fi (though I can see Fe in some aspects, so perhaps ISFJ is correct), but I always loved xNFP characters. If anything, Fi is cool. Fi doesn't give a fuck. I want to be Fi for that very reason.

Though I am in a physical situation that I have difficulty hiding from others. I used to not care, but somehow I started caring, making me self conscious. My other people fears could be social anxiety/trust issues, but also Fe.

blah.

Reactions: Pressed Flowers

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think it's a part oft a creating a strong character the trademark that anybody can empathize with, so that it's universal in a sense. Or it could be a character like Elsa, where a character so vague and blank basically everybody and anybody projects themselves (and their agenda) onto her, and that her trumpet song could be anything from overcoming mental illness to coming out of the closet.

...but I digress. Maybe there's something said to about the characters we're attracted to, whether we are inclined toward them because we see a part of ourselves vested in them, or perhaps they represent an figure that we feel completes us in a way, so that their experiences is a voyeuristic endeavor of sorts :p

Personally I tend to be attracted to side characters because they tend to be underdeveloped and I find them oftentimes a lot more interesting than the main characters since their backstories you usually have to extrapolate, and also characters who have a lot of angst/suffering because some part of me is like, "you poor baby, let me cuddle you and take the pain away and make everything okay again" -- not actually attracted to these people IRL and my savior complex as such is nonexistent, so not sure why this is the case for me for fictional realm???

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
For me, it depends on the Fi character. If they're a wonderful, imaginative, and person of strong moral convictions, I admire them.

If it's someone like Rose from Titanic, all I can do is sit there judging how totally selfish she is from the perspective of my Fe.

I didn't like Snow White from OUAT because she was cheating with another woman's husband in the first season; yes, it was all muddled up due to magic, but still.

I like Jamie (AWTR) because she's strongly convicted and knows who she is. And I like Sybil, too.

Basically, if their Fi is hurting other people -- I don't like them. If it's not, I do like them. Do I ever identify with them? No.

If your friend really is Fe, she's projecting her feelings and motivations onto their behavior and building a false sense of identification.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts