Yo yo yo home slice. Try going outside of the box...take the tests in my signature...I mean take the bottom two tests in my signature and this strength test Free Aptitude Test - Find Your Strengths & Weaknesses since it's free.Hello there!
I've been having some problems with my type and I would appreciate some help with it. Thank you in advance. Here's the questionnaire:
1)What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I don’t think that I have a good understanding of the functions and I see myself in multiple of them. I’m also young (18) and I’m not sure if my personality is fully developed.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
To be happy, respected and appreciated. Honestly, that’s all there is to it.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I can’t think of a specific example, but I feel best when I am interacting with my friends. I’m usually the funny guy and I like it when what I say gets a positive feedback. Although I believe myself to be an introvert, socializing energizes me (but only with people that I go along well with). As I said in q.2, I like being appreciated, and I think that’s the reason I enjoy this.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
When there are people who do the things I’m good at better than me. I know that there are always people better than you, but I can’t help feeling worthless. When something like this happens I either try to improve myself or convince myself that I’m better (I’m very good at lying to myself).
Another thing that makes me feel inferior is watching something that I don’t agree with (usually something concerning morality) and having no power to change it. It makes me feel worthless and angry.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
It’s usually a combination of gut feelings and pro-cons. If the decision does not impact other people (or just slightly) I will usually go with whatever feels the right. If it affects other people, I will put a little more emphasis on how it affects them, but overall it’s the same process.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I usually have a clear plan in my mind, but I don’t always follow it (blame procrastination and laziness). I don’t mind working with other people if they are competent, but if they aren’t I’d rather do everything on my own. And I do want to have control over the outcome.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
This looks the same as q.3, except the memory part. My memory is not good. When I think of a memory, the senses of touch, smell and taste are almost nonexistent, sight is fuzzy and not detailed at all, hearing is OK. Even if it is the memory of something good, the feeling of nostalgia almost always makes me sad. The past just doesn’t do it for me, I’m usually living in the present and the future.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc.)
When I try to learn something new, I try to fit it in my understanding of the other things. So I guess it’s mostly theorizing. Even for practical things (like learning to drive, which I’m actually doing) I try to understand from a logical point of view, how systems affect each other. This is how I learn everything (and which has helped me learn at school without memorizing).
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I can be quite organized, but it also depends. I am good at managing money and also time at some extent, but I’m not very good at organizing objects. My room can get quite messy, and it may stay that way until I notice it is messy enough and get it cleaned.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand the principles behind it. If it makes sense, I don’t need information to support it. If there is information supporting the idea but it doesn’t make sense in my head, I will most probably disregard it.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
A combination of both I guess. I try to respect other people’s views, unless they are extreme, and I don’t have to compromise my beliefs either. I’ll lean a bit more towards the first one though, because there are a lot of times when I sacrifice my beliefs for the group or to be part of the group.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Most of the times I think before speaking, but sometimes I can get carried away and not think at all This usually happens when I’m talking to like-minded persons.
I would prefer group over one-on-one communication. Talking to a single person alone requires more effort because there are only two persons. It can get pretty awkward when you don’t know what to say.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Do actions speak more than words?
I like to know what I’m doing. Risks are one of the things I avoid the most.
Sometimes one just needs some comforting words and sometimes a real solution to his/her problems. I think it comes down to context.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I’ll go meet my friends. I can watch the show later, but the quality time with my friends can’t be replaced.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I only think about the thing/situation that made me stressed. I start thinking about what I could had done differently to have avoided such situation. I try to forget by doing things such as walking or playing video games. I also suffer from anxity, so it’s symptoms may appear.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I dislike persons who think they are superior to other people and talk about it everywhere. I hate bullies (I haven’t been bullied myself but I think I would understand how it would feel like). I also don’t like violent people and ignorant ones.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I would say I like talking about funny and silly things. I don’t like talking about myself because I know it will feel awkward afterwards.
18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
My first thought was physical exercises. It’s not that I hate them but I’m just too lazy. My social life is also not the best. I do socialize when people are already there, but I don’t make an effort. (I hope that made sense)
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
They perceive me as someone funny, sarcastic, clever and somewhat odd. I don’t think my friends would ever say I’m aggressive.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Play video games, listen to music, go for a walk in nature, watch a TV show, watch videos about math or science, read different things that capture my interests etc.
There are no links in the description Would you mind giving me the tests' links?Yo yo yo home slice. Try going outside of the box...take the tests in my signature...I mean take the bottom two tests in my signature and this strength test Free Aptitude Test - Find Your Strengths & Weaknesses since it's free.
After taking all of them think about how they align with the different types. The bottom 2 focus on thinking process...which is the point of the MBTI...not behavior, and the strength test might some how align by showing tendencies? Really haven't worked this last one out. :laughing:
Don't pick a questionaire, look at the functions and how they work.You mean my answers are not helpful or the questionnaire itself is bad? If the latter, which questionnaire would you recommend?