Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
It's kinda inevitable for the fad to die out soon.
With shit like global warming and the ability to make our planet uninhabitable with nuclear weapons on peoples' minds, I don't think it's going to die out any time soon.

I'm waiting for the day when we can go into space freely and then all of the end of the world predictions change to black holes swallowing the universe piece by piece or the universe spontaneously collapsing on itself and then starting over with a new "big bang."

Or better yet... SPACE ZOMBIES

I guess Firefly kind of already covered that one though.

·
Registered
416 Posts
With shit like global warming and the ability to make our planet uninhabitable with nuclear weapons on peoples' minds, I don't think it's going to die out any time soon.

I'm waiting for the day when we can go into space freely and then all of the end of the world predictions change to black holes swallowing the universe piece by piece or the universe spontaneously collapsing on itself and then starting over with a new "big bang."

Or better yet... SPACE ZOMBIES

I guess Firefly kind of already covered that one though.
Oh crap, thats what I meant to type. Since it's so easy to change up a few factors, it's easy to create new universes with this premise. So yeah, they're kinda here to stay for a while.

Yeaaahhh the media's got people all anxious. This probably is a great way to feed into that anxiety.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah, I can't stand any of them.
Do you dislike them for separate reasons? (and if you don't mind explaining, what is it that you dislike?)
I ask this because they're all vastly different. The common denominator is the apocalyptic setting going on, but each series has ideas and concepts unique to it's own title.

·
Beer Guardian
14,666 Posts
I'm going to go the Joseph Campbell route and say that we are creating these destruction/hero myths because society has no universal mythological-type heroes to look up to in the real world. Zombies are the new Wild West.
Mindgasm! So cool someone else evokes Joseph Campbell!

·
Registered
554 Posts
To those proclaiming the End...

Keep it up, mass panic and confusion is good for my health.

Hmm, although, zombies have been done to death..

Maybe we need a new type of apocalypse.

Nuclear apocalypse is often enough on peoples minds.

·
Banned
632 Posts
I don't think this trend is going to die anytime soon. The era from the 19th to the early 20th century, if I can massively over generalize, was characterized by climate of optimism. There was a feeling that humanity was progressing towards a better future. But as we all know, the 20th century quickly turned into a bloodbath, and this soured the mood. And if this weren't enough, the world was soon faced with the possibility of being blown to bits or microwaved by nukes. Perhaps this climate of fear, combined now with warning signs their best years are behind them, has something too do with Western culture's interest in the end of the world.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
End of the world is coming, I just don't know when it is.

I'm tired of the zombie stuff too, but it is biblical.

Zech 14:12 - This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

So if you find yourself in Armageddon, don't belong to any nation that fights Israel.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
End of the world is coming, I just don't know when it is.

I'm tired of the zombie stuff too, but it is biblical.

Zech 14:12 - This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

So if you find yourself in Armageddon, don't belong to any nation that fights Israel.
Although I also find that scripture fascinating, I have to ask you, do you know much about what has been happening in Israel these last several years? What Israel's government has been doing? What its military has been doing? What its population has been doing?

Here's some tiny glimpses for ye:

There's plenty more too, like kindergartens for African children firebombed...The more you learn the more sick you will feel about it. It's such a messed up place, and has been for quite some time.

-(Isaiah 2:4) "He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore."

But the again, according to the Bible the "Israel of God" isn't the same thing as the literal Israel on earth.

Romans 9:6 "However, it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who descend from Israel are really “Israel.”

Romans 9:22-25 "What, then, if God had the will to demonstrate his wrath and to make his power known, and he tolerated with much patience vessels of wrath made fit for destruction? And if this was done to make known the riches of his glory on vessels of mercy, which he prepared beforehand for glory,  namely, us, whom he called not only from among Jews but also from among nations, what of it? It is as he says also in Ho·se′a: “Those not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not loved, ‘beloved’; "

Isaiah 10:21, 22 "Only a remnant will return,
The remnant of Jacob, to the Mighty God.
For though your people, O Israel,
Are as the grains of sand of the sea,
Only a remnant of them will return.
An extermination has been decided on,
And justice will engulf them."

Romans 9:27 "Moreover, Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: “Although the number of the sons of Israel may be as the sand of the sea, only the remnant will be saved."

Galations 3:28, 29 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in union with Christ Jesus. Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham’s offspring, heirs with reference to a promise."

Romans 2:28, 29 "For he is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is circumcision something on the outside, on the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit and not by a written code. That person’s praise comes from God, not from people."

Acts 15:14 "Sym′e·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name."

(A few examples.)

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
To those proclaiming the End...

Keep it up, mass panic and confusion is good for my health.

Hmm, although, zombies have been done to death..

Maybe we need a new type of apocalypse.

Nuclear apocalypse is often enough on peoples minds.
Actually a new trend is how the "apocalypse" already happened, with people being drones to technology.
Which is hilarious, considering some arguments quote Einstein.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
The animosity in the Middle East is a self-fulfilling prophecy. God is on our side !! No, god is on OUR side !! If enough people changed their attitudes on both "sides", there would be peace.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts