Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have any in the first place.
I figured friendships are really what you make of them, but with enemies there is less personal control. Often you're starved of logically viable solutions, and there's too much unpredictability to dictate circumstances. Enmity seems very emotionally driven; curious to see how the majority of INTJs react...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I ignore them and try to minimize contact as much as possible.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I tense my muscles upon the sight of them and seriously consider slamming their heads into the nearest sharp corner. If I'm more relaxed, I daydream about intricate murders that typically end successfully, but leave an irreparable scar on my conscience or leave everyone knowing that I am the culprit, despite not having enough evidence to throw me in jail.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I avoid making enemies just as I avoid burning bridges. You never know when either may come in useful.
But on the rare occasion someone does piss me off enough, ignoring them is the most likely option if they cannot harm me. And if they can, well, I look for a way to hurt them enough to eliminate the threat - and when they least expect it. That part is actually good fun. :proud:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I really wish self-defense laws contained a "had it coming" clause, because I know some people who really deserve to be killed or seriously injured. Unfortunately, that's not the case, and I don't have a safe and reliable way of "eliminating threats." I understand, of course, that such a clause isn't at all feasible to enforce, and that we're generally better off under the protection of a legal system against physical harm. Sucks that it has to be that way, though.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Generally I just distance my self from them as I don't see the point of doing irreparable damage as you never know what life is going to throw at you and thus what you will need. In the few cases though I will and have cut them out of my life as I will not put up with their shit, and as it stands to this moment none have come back into my life.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't have a safe and reliable way of "eliminating threats."
But then, there's nothing safe and reliable in any human interaction.

Also, I'm not talking bodily harm here (not sure I could deal much of that in the first place), but more ... psychological warfare. [insert Evil Grin smiley here]

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Ignore. Maybe hand them enough metaphorical rope to hang themselves.It's great. The last guy who tried to pull one on me will be flipping burgers... :crazy:

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Libtard
22,755 Posts
I go to great lengths to eradicate any ties to that person, have nothing to do with them. If we cross paths I siimply walk away. If however they confront me or chase me down I beat them up....yeah...done that.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I avoid making enemies simply by avoiding most people in general. When I do have problems with people, though, I take calculated steps to remove them from my presence and my life. I'm never rude...I just sort of vanish from their lives and there's nothing they can do about it.

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
I was thinking of starting a thread along these lines, and I think it's worth revisiting. As a type that is rather different from mine, I want to see some ways an INTJ works with people who are rivals or perhaps enemies. I like some of the insights I've seen thus far from 3 years ago.

·
Registered
313 Posts
"Crushing's too good for him. First he'll spend a year in the incinerator. Year two: Cryogenic refrigeration wing. Then TEN years in the chamber I built where all the robots scream at you. THEN I'll kill him." -GLaDOS

Reactions: Tea Path

·
Registered
564 Posts
Enemy? Nobody deserves that title, it's too much honour. For those that are annoyances, it's just as @Jomama said. My attention is something I only give to the deserving. Unless I'm bored and I want some entertainment, but I haven't done that much over the past few years.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I express emotion and freak them out (being emotionless all day really amplifies this), then proceed to intimidation and finally, I leave them terrified and confused of their own personality, never wanting to be around me again.

Last guy I did this to used to come around the bar four times a month, haven't seen him for two years now, again, never any physical contact.

It's all in screwing with the mind.

·
Banned
529 Posts
How do you deal with them?

I just ignore them like I ignore most people. There are more pressing matters.

Reactions: Hollow Man

·
Registered
564 Posts
I express emotion and freak them out (being emotionless all day really amplifies this), then proceed to intimidation and finally, I leave them terrified and confused of their own personality, never wanting to be around me again.

Last guy I did this to used to come around the bar four times a month, haven't seen him for two years now, again, never any physical contact.

It's all in screwing with the mind.
Woah, teach me your tricks.

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
Additional questions: What are some things (or ways of doing things) that make a person an enemy?

Do you even see people as enemies? For me, I don't try to see people as enemies, it just happens and it's the way a person may go about things that seems to become a pattern.

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
"Crushing's too good for him. First he'll spend a year in the incinerator. Year two: Cryogenic refrigeration wing. Then TEN years in the chamber I built where all the robots scream at you. THEN I'll kill him." -GLaDOS
That's getting kind of sadistic there....almost evil villain-eque. I hope I didn't get on your bad side! *runs away*

1 - 20 of 27 Posts