Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an excerpt from Everyday Enneagram Blog: "Energies of the Enneagram Heart Triad".

Type 2

Energy: Aggressive Affection

Those of us who attract the Two’s focused attention feel the intensity of being the center of the Two’s universe. Our intrinsic value is verified by the Two. The energy feels like a warm, aggressive force field coming from the Two’s heart toward us, enfolding us. This can feel wonderful or intrusive.

Type 3

Energy: Charismatic Producer

Swirling like smoke and brilliant like mirrors, the Three’s energy is captivating. It is moving and shaking, inspiring energy. We listen with bated breath, suspending our own disbelief, when the Three comes toward us from his heart, simultaneously divining and making the subtle image shifts that will gain our love. A Five described a famous Three politician “I saw him speak and I was so uplifted and inspired, I would have followed him anywhere. Later, I tried to recall what he said, and I couldn’t come up with a single concrete position. And I consider myself a critical thinker.”

Type 4

Energy: Dramatic Pull

The Four’s energy pulls at the desired. As it comes closer to being realized, the Four may find flaws and push it away. So energy can pull - and then push away. As the desired person or object recedes into the distance, it may become desired again, and the Four pulls it back toward her. It may be confusing to the desired person to experience this push-pull energetic.

·
Registered
405 Posts
This is an excerpt from Everyday Enneagram Blog: "Energies of the Enneagram Heart Triad".

Type 2

Those of us who attract the Two’s focused attention feel the intensity of being the center of the Two’s universe. Our intrinsic value is verified by the Two. The energy feels like a warm, aggressive force field coming from the Two’s heart toward us, enfolding us. This can feel wonderful or intrusive.

Type 3

Swirling like smoke and brilliant like mirrors, the Three’s energy is captivating. It is moving and shaking, inspiring energy. We listen with bated breath, suspending our own disbelief, when the Three comes toward us from his heart, simultaneously divining and making the subtle image shifts that will gain our love. A Five described a famous Three politician “I saw him speak and I was so uplifted and inspired, I would have followed him anywhere. Later, I tried to recall what he said, and I couldn’t come up with a single concrete position. And I consider myself a critical thinker.”

Type 4

The Four’s energy pulls at the desired. As it comes closer to being realized, the Four may find flaws and push it away. So energy can pull - and then push away. As the desired person or object recedes into the distance, it may become desired again, and the Four pulls it back toward her. It may be confusing to the desired person to experience this push-pull energetic.
oh god my relationships with type 2s summed up in 2 paragraphs

·
Registered
143 Posts
do you mean the aggressive affection?
basically infatuation?

when i fuck up in relationships, I definitely feel 2 input.
yes, i guess he was infatuated with me during the courtship phase.

now that he's caught me, he's more concerned being a workaholic. i still feel his "enfolding affection" when we hug in sleep.

you wanna share more about your fucked up relationships?

·
Registered
405 Posts
yes, i guess he was infatuated with me during the courtship phase.

now that he's caught me, he's more concerned being a workaholic. i still feel his "enfolding affection" when we hug in sleep.

you wanna share more about your fucked up relationships?
ahh
you meant he's a 2 right?
i thought you were saying as a 4 you feel the 2 input.
which is plausible.

and oh i'm self absorbed in my relationships usually. until it gets old and then I gotta make up for it. that's what I meant by 2 input.

the 2s i've been with did exactly as the paragraph said. i don't think I've ever been with a core 3.
i guess that's enough to share :p

·
Registered
143 Posts
ahh
you meant he's a 2 right?
i thought you were saying as a 4 you feel the 2 input.
which is plausible.

and oh i'm self absorbed in my relationships usually. until it gets old and then I gotta make up for it. that's what I meant by 2 input.

the 2s i've been with did exactly as the paragraph said. i don't think I've ever been with a core 3.
i guess that's enough to share :p

good for you! My 2 is a workaholic !!! i don't feel his "enfolding affection". He looks preoccupied often.

·
Registered
143 Posts
maybe he's not a 2.
i think he is, because he does a lot of acts of service and he has addictions to carbohydrates just like the Twos.
and he is even in medical field, classic for Twos. he said it makes him feel powerful that he can solve people's problems.
and he likes to give advice just like Twos. He tells me to tell him my problems. And just like Twos, he has little self-love. Eg i asked him "how you want to celebrate your passing of your exams?" he seemed uncomfortable and brushed it aside.
he's also hypochondriac, another classic 2 issue.
he also self medicates a lot, another classic 2 problem.
He prefers to solve his own problem rather than impose on others.
I told him, "you are very caring. has poeple told u that ?" he said, "yes, a lot". !!! (so not humble about it! haha)

So if he's not a Two, what can he be?

perhaps he is a Two, with SO, SP ?

Perhaps he's not into SX ?

·
Registered
405 Posts
i think he is, because he does a lot of acts of service and he has addictions to carbohydrates just like the Twos.
and he is even in medical field, classic for Twos. he said it makes him feel powerful that he can solve people's problems.
and he likes to give advice just like Twos. He tells me to tell him my problems. And just like Twos, he has little self-love. Eg i asked him "how you want to celebrate your passing of your exams?" he seemed uncomfortable and brushed it aside.
he's also hypochondriac, another classic 2 issue.
he also self medicates a lot, another classic 2 problem.
He prefers to solve his own problem rather than impose on others.
I told him, "you are very caring. has poeple told u that ?" he said, "yes, a lot". !!! (so not humble about it! haha)

So if he's not a Two, what can he be?

perhaps he is a Two, with SO, SP ?

Perhaps he's not into SX ?
hah i was actually thinking so/sp as i read that. maybe so.

do you know his tri type?
It's crazy seeing the relationship issues for the diff type-type and how it works with mine and my gf's tritype. it def yielded a lot of insight. maybe he's not a 2 first? i always wonder if she's really a 2. i think she is a 2 mainly because she cares so much about the self-image she's portraying. and because of the 8 influence when under stress. it is her first defense.

·
Registered
143 Posts
hah i was actually thinking so/sp as i read that. maybe so.

do you know his tri type?
It's crazy seeing the relationship issues for the diff type-type and how it works with mine and my gf's tritype. it def yielded a lot of insight. maybe he's not a 2 first? i always wonder if she's really a 2. i think she is a 2 mainly because she cares so much about the self-image she's portraying. and because of the 8 influence when under stress. it is her first defense.
No, i don't know his tritype. but he's a 2w1, i think. i don't know what his third type will be.

i'm thinking of breaking up with him, since i think he's always so busy and would rather spending alone or with friends than be with me.

i feel low on his priority.

·
Registered
405 Posts
No, i don't know his tritype. but he's a 2w1, i think. i don't know what his third type will be.

i'm thinking of breaking up with him, since i think he's always so busy and would rather spending alone or with friends than be with me.

i feel low on his priority.
i was feeling 1 influence.
good luck with whatever you choose. just clear your mind and go with your heart.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mm, interesting. I always thought if anything, my two energy would feel very thick and stifling at times, due to my tendency to sometimes smother those I'm close to. ^^;

That being said, I have felt 4 energy before...and will agree that it's very push and pull. It's like magnetism lol. One of my best friends is a 4 and we've definitely had our ups and downs.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts

Type 2

Type 3

Type 4

Interesting. I've been in the 'aggressive affection' mode for a lot of my life. But it seems the past few years I'm completely in the Dramatic Pull!! It is confusing!!!!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Is it a mistake Aggressive shud be with Type 3 and Charismatic shud be used to describe the real charismatic type 2.

Type 2 - Charismatic affection
Type 3 - Aggressive Producer
Anyway the image depends on the lens of the viewer but to me 3s dont look charismatic but aggressive. It is 2s that catch my eyes as undeniable harming. It is hard to not notice them or even look away from them.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,935 Posts
Is it a mistake Aggressive shud be with Type 3 and Charismatic shud be used to describe the real charismatic type 2.

Type 2 - Charismatic affection
Type 3 - Aggressive Producer
Anyway the image depends on the lens of the viewer but to me 3s dont look charismatic but aggressive. It is 2s that catch my eyes as undeniable harming. It is hard to not notice them or even look away from them.
I don't agree, although it could really go both ways, but I think because 2 is a power type and has a connection to 8 (while 3 has a connection to 9), 2 is a little rougher and seductive which fits better with 'aggressive' than 3 which is gilded and deceptive. Although obviously an ENTJ 3 type is going to look super aggressive I would say that in general 2 is more likely to go for the throat when things go wrong while 3 will remain charming or else slip into the shadows.

·
Registered
422 Posts

Type 2

Type 3

Type 4

Nothing to argue with here.

Edit: Good 3's are hard to come by these days.... let's place the "joel osteens" here. Mariah lost her highnote and got weird, Tom Cruise is simply too old, and Christian Bale has long since ranted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts