Personality Cafe banner

Energies of the Enneagram Heart Triad

6K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Full_fathom_4 
#1 ·
This is an excerpt from Everyday Enneagram Blog: "Energies of the Enneagram Heart Triad".

Type 2

Energy: Aggressive Affection

Those of us who attract the Two’s focused attention feel the intensity of being the center of the Two’s universe. Our intrinsic value is verified by the Two. The energy feels like a warm, aggressive force field coming from the Two’s heart toward us, enfolding us. This can feel wonderful or intrusive.

Type 3

Energy: Charismatic Producer

Swirling like smoke and brilliant like mirrors, the Three’s energy is captivating. It is moving and shaking, inspiring energy. We listen with bated breath, suspending our own disbelief, when the Three comes toward us from his heart, simultaneously divining and making the subtle image shifts that will gain our love. A Five described a famous Three politician “I saw him speak and I was so uplifted and inspired, I would have followed him anywhere. Later, I tried to recall what he said, and I couldn’t come up with a single concrete position. And I consider myself a critical thinker.”

Type 4

Energy: Dramatic Pull

The Four’s energy pulls at the desired. As it comes closer to being realized, the Four may find flaws and push it away. So energy can pull - and then push away. As the desired person or object recedes into the distance, it may become desired again, and the Four pulls it back toward her. It may be confusing to the desired person to experience this push-pull energetic.

See less See more
#15 ·
Mm, interesting. I always thought if anything, my two energy would feel very thick and stifling at times, due to my tendency to sometimes smother those I'm close to. ^^;

That being said, I have felt 4 energy before...and will agree that it's very push and pull. It's like magnetism lol. One of my best friends is a 4 and we've definitely had our ups and downs.

#16 ·
This is an excerpt from Everyday Enneagram Blog: "Energies of the Enneagram Heart Triad".

Type 2

Energy: Aggressive Affection

Those of us who attract the Two’s focused attention feel the intensity of being the center of the Two’s universe. Our intrinsic value is verified by the Two. The energy feels like a warm, aggressive force field coming from the Two’s heart toward us, enfolding us. This can feel wonderful or intrusive.

Type 3

Energy: Charismatic Producer

Swirling like smoke and brilliant like mirrors, the Three’s energy is captivating. It is moving and shaking, inspiring energy. We listen with bated breath, suspending our own disbelief, when the Three comes toward us from his heart, simultaneously divining and making the subtle image shifts that will gain our love. A Five described a famous Three politician “I saw him speak and I was so uplifted and inspired, I would have followed him anywhere. Later, I tried to recall what he said, and I couldn’t come up with a single concrete position. And I consider myself a critical thinker.”

Type 4

Energy: Dramatic Pull

The Four’s energy pulls at the desired. As it comes closer to being realized, the Four may find flaws and push it away. So energy can pull - and then push away. As the desired person or object recedes into the distance, it may become desired again, and the Four pulls it back toward her. It may be confusing to the desired person to experience this push-pull energetic.

Interesting. I've been in the 'aggressive affection' mode for a lot of my life. But it seems the past few years I'm completely in the Dramatic Pull!! It is confusing!!!!!

#17 ·
Is it a mistake Aggressive shud be with Type 3 and Charismatic shud be used to describe the real charismatic type 2.

Type 2 - Charismatic affection
Type 3 - Aggressive Producer
Anyway the image depends on the lens of the viewer but to me 3s dont look charismatic but aggressive. It is 2s that catch my eyes as undeniable harming. It is hard to not notice them or even look away from them.

#18 ·
I don't agree, although it could really go both ways, but I think because 2 is a power type and has a connection to 8 (while 3 has a connection to 9), 2 is a little rougher and seductive which fits better with 'aggressive' than 3 which is gilded and deceptive. Although obviously an ENTJ 3 type is going to look super aggressive I would say that in general 2 is more likely to go for the throat when things go wrong while 3 will remain charming or else slip into the shadows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.