Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of practises such as Qigong, Tai Chi, Yoga, meditation?

For people who do practise one of these, did you (or do you still) find it difficult to discipline yourself and to maintain regular practise?

Would you recommend it for people generally?

I've tried Qigong a bit, and looked into the descriptions behind it, but the discipline required to do just five minutes twice a day I find to be surprisingly evasive.

Participatory and non-participatory opinions welcome..

(Looking at it it seems that these kind of practises would be excellent for INTP's, because they focus on feeling based experience, which, I am guessing, many of us could benefit from).

·
Registered
915 Posts
I practised Zen meditation, it definitely helped me on many levels of development of my life, but I haven´t used its full potential yet, because I stopped meditating due to my laziness... The first few couple of days were really great and I felt significant change and it helped me in the terms of being less nervous, more communicative and open to the world. As already mentioned I have just tried it at really low level and haven´t reached the deep states yet. During the days of meditations I didnt need sexual release and lasted like a week maybe ten days, and when I stopped meditating and got back on the ground I returned to the daily release mode o.o

DAMN I should return to it and go deeper and deeper, since I have just tasted it on the edge, and the core has to be even better.

I swear I AM GOING BACK TO IT !!!

Reactions: Arya

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I have been pursuing meditation a lot lately (not always practicing it so much as considering it and trying it in non-conventional manners). The best thing is, it can allow me to detach from anything. From my mind, which includes emotions and feelings, worry and apprehension, and my NTP tendency of "future possibilities" I create.

Eventually I will work meditation into a daily routine, as it is so damned beneficial to me.

@William808 - I've never heard of the other items you asked about, though.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Meditation is very helpful, specially when learning other Buddhist concepts(non attachment, mindfulness...)
I used to watch Ajam Brahm channel on youtube, he gives awesome speeches on Buddhist concepts, very accessible to westerners.

Also I find difficult to discipline myself to practice.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I've done tai chi, yoga, and meditation. I still do the last two regularly. It's pretty good for quieting your mind and relaxing.

Reactions: William808

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
I read a psychologist talk about some kind of meditiation. I forget what it was called exactly. I'm trying it to rewire my brain.
I also do form of yoga, but it is completely for exercise. there is no meditation or spirituality involved. It's actually pretty good. it's called yrg. Yoga for Regular Men (but women do it too). there is an awesome inspirational video on youtube about an obese veteran who used it to lose weight and regain his ability to walk. :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
I occasionally meditate, with a method I've come up with from scratch. I don't believe in any superstitions - for me, it's simply entering an altered state of consciousness that promotes relaxation.

I don't do it with any regularity, but now that you've reminded me of it I may do some meditation tonight.

Reactions: William808
1 - 7 of 7 Posts