Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think a friendship like this would look like? Because to me it's funny how much my friend and I get along and how we think a like on some issues, but we are polar opposites on other issues. Just wondering what you guys think this would look like?

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I had an ENTP colleague. We jelled and meshed like there's no tomorrow. She had a brilliant mind, but kinda unstructured and sporadic. All I can say is that put an ENTP and an ENFJ in a marketing team together and you have one of the best think-tanks an organization can have :p

We were both top performers while we were together and did everything together. We were churning out at least one new campaign idea every day. Though many of our campaign ideas got rejected xD but we really enjoyed coming up with them together. She would pull stuff out of the air, and I would be able to structure it and make it meatier.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that @Jawz me and my ENTP friend just talk about deep very intellectual and theoretical stuff all the time and I love it. We just think about stuff and come up with random ideas

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am a male ENTP married to an ENFJ. She is very lovely and caring and I appreciate her listening ability. I tend to talk a lot and she seems to enjoy my "babble" about anything that's happened to me during the day, no matter how important or not. She in turn appears to admire my quick thinking and wittiness which I find very flattering - ENTP's generally crave amicable attention from others.

As you may know, ENTP's also love to debate with people. ENTP views such debates more or less a sport, but ENFJ seems to have a very subjective perspective to them. My biggest problem with her is that her dominant Fe makes her very emotional if a debate turns into an argument, and she may even shut down and retreat before the matter had been resolved. Usually her negative emotions disappear when I let her be alone for a few minutes to an hour or so (she usually wants solitude and does not accept my consolation) but I don't like the wait.

Reactions: SilentScream

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Frriendship with ENFJ is great. My oldest friend is ENFJ, we have known each other for around 38 years. But then we don't often argue. There's a picture of us in my profile looking fairly typical for type....

I argue with ENFJ husband (all couples are going to have to argue) and the emotion involved is horrible. A little logic over here, please!

I never argue with ENFJ son and he is a very cuddly human being, even aged nearly 14. This is the best.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Probably not the same type of relationship as what you're looking for, but I'm pretty sure my ENFJ friend's dad is an ENTP. I find I see a lot of deep intellectual discussion between them. I've never really seen too much tension between the son and his father since he's grown up. I'm sure they have their squibbles here and there, but their relationship seems pretty harmonious. Usually he conflicts way more often with his ISXJ mom, but I guess that's because they're in each others company more often....

Anyway, what the ENFJ admires about his dad is his endless well of ideas, jokes, stories, etc. I can tell he enjoys being around him, and listening to him talk; I think the ENTP dad admires how is son is so organized and accomplished for being at such a young age. I love getting both of them together, because when they converse their minds go off on endless tangents. I find the ENTP dad brings out a lot of the intuitive thinking from his son, he either switches to Ne, or perhaps the Ni and Se merge to create a "fake Ne"....I'm still not 100% sure how that works, lol.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks this is all really good comments:) I think I get along well with my ENTP friend because when I took the Cognitive function test I had strong Ne and for awhile I wasn't sure if I was an ENFP or ENFJ. I definitively the ENFJ but my Ne is well used and maybe more than my Ni. I just no I'm more of an Fe than Ne. But I think my favorite thing about my type is my N. I love being so imaginative it's friken awesome!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I thought batman was supposesdly IxTJ ? Though Bruce Wayne could be ENFJ o.0 But dunno how that works :p

Like, I think Clark Kent is supposed to be very ISFP-ish, whereas Superman is very ESFJ-isque.
Dunno, saw Batman as more of an INFJ portrait. He doesn't seem very S-ish to me with all the brooding and needing to think deeper.

Then again, every different Batman iteration portrays the felle slightly differently. From the comics, cartoons and multiple movies.

Chose this picture cause it somewhat symbolized my relationship with my ENTP friend.

My brother told me that my friend is somewhat a troll, and all the people he meets doesn't really take themselves seriously, except me, the broody one, and he just sticks around and does whatever he can to annoy the hell out of me.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Chose this picture cause it somewhat symbolized my relationship with my ENTP friend.

My brother told me that my friend is somewhat a troll, and all the people he meets doesn't really take themselves seriously, except me, the broody one, and he just sticks around and does whatever he can to annoy the hell out of me.
Aah .. ok :) That makes it different then :D

I'm sure despite everything, you guys have a very cool dynamic. One of my cousins is an ESTP and we had some amazing times together - while we were together i.e. I still remember those days fondly. He was very ... as you describe "trollish" in the eyes of his elders --- but I enjoyed allowing my inner troll to surface whenever around him :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@KC and @Jawz I'm the same way with my ENTP friend and he thinks of himself as the Joker. I'm more Alfred than anyone else. Or Commissioner Gordan. Cause they both care about others and encourage Batman to do what they can't and I relate to that. But that's me. Who seems like the most ENFJ person in Batman or in comics period?

·
Registered
315 Posts
One of my closest friends is a female ENFJ. A very very charming girl. One of the few geeky people I know that's legitimately sociable.

She's one of the few female archetypes that I know that actually knows how to listen, as opposed to the stereotypical talkative woman that just expects the guy to listen. Conversations with her feel more balanced. I'm quite extroverted myself, and I'm not necessarily passive in communication.

Possibly, the biggest influence that she gave me, is that she added a more politically correct layer to my character.

She knows she has a charm, and in a way, she tends to be manipulative, though in a very unselfish way. She still knows how to stroke a person's ego, so even is she seems manipulative, you don't necessarily feel abused.

She's pregnant right now, and this is causing complications. Her family doesn't like the guy, and the guy's family doesn't really like her. Consequently, she's asked to move out of her family's house after her pregnancy, and she's asking me a favor if she, the baby, and the guy can stay in my place for a couple of months, until she becomes financially capable of moving to another place.

I thought this favor she's asking is a bit much, and this is one of the times where an enfj charm is used quite badly. I try to not make it appear that I'm not jealous of the guy whatsoever (she's sorta having the impression that it's the core issue), but I just don't wanna be dragged with the complications of her personal life that need not be that complicated if she's in better ties with her parents.

I love her much as a friend but her personal life is her own.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One of my closest friends is a female ENFJ. A very very charming girl. One of the few geeky people I know that's legitimately sociable.

She's one of the few female archetypes that I know that actually knows how to listen, as opposed to the stereotypical talkative woman that just expects the guy to listen. Conversations with her feel more balanced. I'm quite extroverted myself, and I'm not necessarily passive in communication.

Possibly, the biggest influence that she gave me, is that she added a more politically correct layer to my character.

She knows she has a charm, and in a way, she tends to be manipulative, though in a very unselfish way. She still knows how to stroke a person's ego, so even is she seems manipulative, you don't necessarily feel abused.

She's pregnant right now, and this is causing complications. Her family doesn't like the guy, and the guy's family doesn't really like her. Consequently, she's asked to move out of her family's house after her pregnancy, and she's asking me a favor if she, the baby, and the guy can stay in my place for a couple of months, until she becomes financially capable of moving to another place.

I thought this favor she's asking is a bit much, and this is one of the times where an enfj charm is used quite badly. I try to not make it appear that I'm not jealous of the guy whatsoever (she's sorta having the impression that it's the core issue), but I just don't wanna be dragged with the complications of her personal life that need not be that complicated if she's in better ties with her parents.

I love her much as a friend but her personal life is her own.
I understand your problem. I has an ENFJ see where I can become a burden to friends and hate it. Don't be hard on her though. Cause odds are she feels really bad for using you selfishly. Not sure how to help though. \

·
Registered
6 Posts
My ENFJ best friend is cool. We do however, have daily "arguments" but those blow over very quickly. It's fun to be around her, and I do enjoy how they bring up different opinions to the table. Sometimes though, when I'm discussing a topic very heatedly with a fellow ENTJ, and she get's involved, she gets mad at me. She says I'm too quick to refute and shut down her opinions. I say she's too sensitive. I think it would be a great friendship, if not volatile.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I get along really well with ENFJs and we seem to just naturally click. I find them to be really great to work with on a professional level too. One of my best friends is an ENFJ and she is like a sister to me! Love her.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Yeah...I've had a 50/50 good bad experience with this type. I happened to run into a manic/hyperactive one who is majorly insecure about his emotions. That one hasn't been good, but I've had other good relations with people of this type. i think they have a lot of potential to succeed at a great many things.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts