Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Extraverted Sensing being their tertiary function, how does it manifest in the ENFJ's life, whether consciously or unconsciously? How is it different from the INFJ's Se?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I love it when my ENFJ uses her Se sometimes. It's really adorable.:tongue:

Reactions: Summersault

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Also according to some theories, an ENFJ might use their Se in more playful ways than an INFJ because I understand the tert function is supposed to be the "eternal child" if you believe in that theory. From what I've seen, I find they use their Se a lot to make engage the people around them, make jokes and comments on the spot, respond quickly adapt the whatever group their in. I guess if ENFJs are chameleons, I guess Se would be like the cells around their eyes that allow them to change color.

According to the that same theory the way an INFJ uses Se, if I have it right, is, INFJ's usually spend a lot of time in their heads, have lots of ideas, a lot of imaginations; The Se is the inner voice in the INFJ's mind that shouts: "Okay all these things sound good and nice, but I want to see results. I want to see something tangible right in front of me or something I can hold in my hand or these ideas are meaningless to me" so it spurs the INFJ to action.

The ENFJ's inferior function however, is Ti, and from what I understand, while Se is like a sparring to action for INFJ's Ti is like a reality check for ENFJ's; it helps keep their grand ideals in check and to realize that they can't fix everything and some things are the way they are. Whereas INFJ's would probably use Ti in more playful ways the way ENFJs would use Se. I'm guessing that might be one reason why INFJs come across a lot better in writing and ENFJs come across a lot better in person. I find it really easy to misunderstand my ENFJ friend in writing because I find for ENFJs more than most types, when you read something by them, you're getting such a small portion of what they're trying to convey....well, at least in my experience.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Just to pop in at this point:

ENFJs and INFPs are often said to go well together.

On the point of Aux Se, I think INFPs' Aux Si is helpful to ENFJs. We're good at paying attention to what people like. So, if an ENFJ likes a certain scenario, we immediately scan our memory banks for a situation that has similar sensory input. Then we can either take the ENFJ to that this new (yet similar) location and share in that moment, or talk to them further about what they liked.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I notice my environment more.
I notice clothes and how what I am wearing doesn't match.
I don't wanna study and just go out to look at the city or nature.
I listen to music because of its sound more rather than just solely lyrics.
I can appreciate physical beauty in nature and in people more.
I try to absorb and consider facts more.
I notice other people's facial expressions better.
I notice who in a group dances better.
I am starting to like flowers, jewelry, and dresses more.
The world looks so much more full and lively than it used to because I am becoming more aware of it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Does Se when it's developing in an ENFJ cause very strained focus? Cause I used to have a very one track mind and now I can't focus to save my friken life. I'm constantly distracted by something going on around me. Is this common? Or is this just a personal issue with struggling with focus?

·
Registered
323 Posts
But I feel like my child function is my overactive imagination which I associated with Ni? But now I think about it all of the things I imagine about are things I have gathered through my five senses(Se). Such as imagining I'm a superhero or in a zombie apocalypse I got the info to imagine this from my senses and I usually think in way that coincides with the physical world. If that makes sense to anyone else.

The ENFJ's inferior function however, is Ti, and from what I understand, while Se is like a sparring to action for INFJ's Ti is like a reality check for ENFJ's; it helps keep their grand ideals in check and to realize that they can't fix everything and some things are the way they are. Whereas INFJ's would probably use Ti in more playful ways the way ENFJs would use Se. I'm guessing that might be one reason why INFJs come across a lot better in writing and ENFJs come across a lot better in person. I find it really easy to misunderstand my ENFJ friend in writing because I find for ENFJs more than most types, when you read something by them, you're getting such a small portion of what they're trying to convey....well, at least in my experience.
Also I agree @dulcinea that it's so hard for me to convey my thoughts in writing. My problem is I make so many connections that I can't get them all down on paper in a coherent way. So than I usually say much less than I want to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts