Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to do a search but didn't find many ENFJ and career threads.

Every time I do a search for careers that fit our personality type I get things like "thrives in a career that helps support and love people" and then lists low paying jobs. That's fine and dandy and all but I live in an area where the cost of living is high and I'm struggling to find a career that balances out my needs with my wants.

I thought about OT but it's 400 students applying for 30 slots. The competition is making me nervous, but I don't want to be a social worker (high burn out) or teacher since those jobs are few and far between as well. I KNOW there has to be careers out there that just aren't highly publicized.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have a bachelors in Psych, have worked as a behavior therapist but it wasn't for me. Did an internship in human resources but it felt vague and tedious. My ideal career to be honest would be a matchmaker because I love connecting people with others (and I've successfully done it in the past) but I'm also trying to be realistic :dry: ewww realism hahaha

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
http://students.usask.ca/current/life/employment/PDFs/ENFJ.pdf

This article lists some high paying jobs. I am currently pursuing one of those and have had my big moments of doubt, but also some moments where I see potential too...
And lots of health careers are getting more and more competitive to get into. I don't like the pressure of competing. But being an ENFJ can help you write really good personal statements and make good interviews, so don't give up if you really want it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Actually, as a professional artist when I graduate, the minimum pay that I will earn for a logo is P15,000 (which is about $341) each. That's with or without approval, said professor. If I pursue advertising that is.

Though I don't think I'd want to pursue advertising cause I really dislike doing layouts now. LOL. I'm more of a developer person. And oddly, I love to program more than anything, so yeah. o 3 o

And they said that artists are poor. It's only true if you're doing traditional work and have no means to show them OR you haven't marketed yourself enough online to get noticed (it's not too difficult though). Digital media is usually easier to showcase and could rack up enough money for a person to live comfortably. If you know where to look and if you practice. Nothing is sheer "talent". No matter how great an artist is, they still work for what they made and it's more work than talent. IDK. The word talent seems like a slap to my face now. I mean, we artists work on our pieces for hours and labor on it to perfection for hours and then someone goes to us and say that it's mere "talent" and they can't do it because we're "talented". No, we worked hard for it. We have passion and drive to create the pieces, but it's barely talent. Sure we are skilled, but talent just doesn't make up for the hard work we put in.

Ok sorry, I'm blabbing now. /bitter LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts