Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
My 17 yr old daughter is an enfj and we've been talking about career paths. I've read on it some but would love to hear other enfj's thoughts on this. She's such a dreamer and has all kind of ideas she would like to do but with the way she likes to spend money, she needs to do something with a nice pay scale. lol
She recently went to costa rica with her spanish class and now wants to go there and open an animal shelter for all the poor stray dogs, that is after she does the peace corps. Ms. practical estj mom is like, 'huh'?? hehe
She also keeps saying she wants to study abroad but I've said we have to figure out a direction cause I'm not gonna pay for just travel experiences. lol
She says she wants to be able to travel with her career but idk anything about lucrative careers with traveling. She definitely needs to be working in a social environment because she loves people.
Any ideas or feedback would be very much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
572 Posts
HAHA! Such an ENFJ.

Well I don't really have any good news for you. I, an ENFJ, am currently enrolled in a 5 year BA/MT Secondary Education teaching program. I'm going to be broke! LOL! But I love working with kids and helping them enhance their questioning/critical thinking skills.

Since she likes people, and since you don't want her to be broke, try nudging her into fields like Teaching or Social Work. She won't be rich, but she won't be broke, either. And you may not have to worry as much. LOL!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've talked to her about teaching and she says she doesn't want to do that. Of course once she graduates and gets in the real world she may change her mind. She keeps saying she wants a job that requires traveling. ugh

·
Registered
572 Posts
Ha! I was the same way. I wanted to be a travel writer. But hey, I can still travel and write as a teacher. Plus, I'll have a steady income. And you're right, she'll probably change her mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts